• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Request - Guidance Needed (1 Viewer)

EQStreamz

RedCents
11¢
Hello RedGuides,
First let me introduce myself, I am EQStreamz and although I am new to RedGuides and MQ2/Kissassist, I have been playing EQ for 15 yrs+. I recently returned to EQ after a year or so off and was introduced to RedGuides via in-game friends and I am SUPER excited by the potential of these "tools". For the last week+ I have been using MQ2/Kissassist to run 5 characters in open zones while semi-afk. Also, I would like to point out that I have tried searching for DAYS to find a post that fulfills my needs with no avail.

What I am looking to do is run the DH HAs fully automated and while I have found individual posts with a bunch of files attached and general information, I am not finding a user friendly guide on how to set up my team to run these. I am not certain where to place the files, what commands to run on what class roles, whether I even have EQBC running/setup etc... I found several posts by calaxa and william 12 with the files just not sure what to do to get everything going.

Would anyone be willing to create a guide (or aid me in creating one) on how to setup your box team to auto-run all of the DH HAs in a loop from a literal fresh install of MQ2/KissAssist with default addons to the point where my box set runs them without intervention.

Thank You in advance. Excited to be part of this community and even contributing once I fully understand the code/components. May even be a Krono or Paypal reward for the help. :)

****EDIT**** Sorry for being an elitist jerk! I was high on paint fumes this morning and a little grumpy. I should not have replied the way I did. Sorry! ****

I can't help you much, but I will tell you that what you are asking for is highly discouraged. While there are some that auto-bot all day or 24/7.. it is not really what the MQ / RedGuides community is about.

Automating characters to assist a manually controlled "pilot", absolutely. But out and out botting is generally discouraged.

Now to actually attempt to help:
What you are trying to get going mq Nav mesh that will move your group through the DH HA's.. Which is the part I cannot help you with. I have not used MQ2Nav or mesh's because I'm always piloting.
Yes, you could probably do it without EQBC, if you run it on one computer. I still suggest running EQBC regardless of HA's as it makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

Good luck, and welcome to RedGuides!

- - - Updated - - -

I am new to RedGuides and MQ2/Kissassist,
For the last week+ I have been using MQ2/Kissassist to run 5 characters in open zones while semi-afk. Also, I would like to point out that I have tried searching for DAYS to find a post that fulfills my needs with no avail.

I am not certain where to place the files, what commands to run on what class roles, whether I even have EQBC running/setup etc... I found several posts by calaxa and william 12 with the files just not sure what to do to get everything going.

P.s. You're asking to fly, while crawling in diapers.

(There is no guide for it because it's not something we recommend people do. It only pisses off Daybreak, messes with the local server economy, and draws attention to MQ we don't want.) So if you want it, there is a good chance your going to have to learn the commands, learn to code some, and spend some time working at it.

Last edited:
I completely understand what you are saying. I did not mean to imply that I would be running this while afk, sleeping, @ work etc... Even when just out killing I enjoy playing with MQ2/Kissassist while I am at the keyboard running the puller, tank or healer. I typically run the DH HAs once per day and at the moment I am doing it all using KissAssist and moving my characters each stage which can be a PITA.

As far as drawing attention etc... the tools are already there as well as the capabilities, why not provide actual guidance on how to use them outside the basics? Almost seems like a bit of elitist in the sense that it is ok for those who know the code but not ok for someone new to the product who is trying to learn?

I can't help you much, but I will tell you that what you are asking for is highly discouraged. While there are some that auto-bot all day or 24/7.. it is not really what the MQ / RedGuides community is about.

Automating characters to assist a manually controlled "pilot", absolutely. But out and out botting is generally discouraged.

Now to actually attempt to help:
What you are trying to get going mq Nav mesh that will move your group through the DH HA's.. Which is the part I cannot help you with. I have not used MQ2Nav or mesh's because I'm always piloting.
Yes, you could probably do it without EQBC, if you run it on one computer. I still suggest running EQBC regardless of HA's as it makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

Good luck, and welcome to RedGuides!

- - - Updated - - -

P.s. You're asking to fly, while crawling in diapers.

(There is no guide for it because it's not something we recommend people do. It only pisses off Daybreak, messes with the local server economy, and draws attention to MQ we don't want.) So if you want it, there is a good chance your going to have to learn the commands, learn to code some, and spend some time working at it.

As far as drawing attention etc... the tools are already there as well as the capabilities, why not provide actual guidance on how to use them outside the basics? Almost seems like a bit of elitist in the sense that it is ok for those who know the code but not ok for someone new to the product who is trying to learn?

Thats where you are mis-interpreting. This site is 99.9% volunteer so if someone didnt take it upon themselves to write a guide, there wont be one as Redbot and the rest have spent countless hours getting everything to the user friendly state that it is in. Become a member, learn it and write a guide for other showing your struggles , who knows you might get some free subscriptions out of it.

The other reason guides exist for some things and not others, though there are wiki posts on every single plugin

If you go to the plugin section I have a guide written and stickied to the top of the page for EQBC.

Here

Have you read the beginners guides here?

I'm sorry you searched for days, what sub title confused you because honestly if something isnt where it should be theres 10 mods here to help with that.? You must have come across some help and requests posts. In almost any threads you'll see that if you can show you've attempted to read the manuals/wiki pages and still cant figure it out. This is probably the most willingly helpful community you will ever find for EQ.

Please dont take that wrong, the elitist thing kinda irked me so just wanted to show you theres more help here than any other mq2 site, Welcome to Redguides, we hope you enjoy your stay.

All the information is here, some is extra paid for to join kinda stuff, like william12's which I try to always buy people hard work and it works. Maskoi did another excellent one, again paid extra for it. You do get what you pay for! Level 2 is a great place to start then reading and adapting it to your team. We all started where you are and we all want more people to get where we are. There is no flaming here, no bad question, ok I have asked a couple of bad ones, like "Why TLP?" but overall you will find we are not hiding the "good" stuff we share it all on level 2 and if there is something more, there is a thread on it and the originator gets paid for it. Welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

I am by FAR an elitest, I screw up more then most, I am however doggedly addicted to eq and I have the time, resources and friends here to do just about anything I want in the eq universe! These guys are all great!

I am sorry for making the initial post, I figured one of the many people in this community had been though this same situation and would be willing to help (rewarded or not). Were I the person with the knowledge, I would be more than happy to share it and if in the end I do have to figure it out on my own, I will bestow it.

I am sorry for using elitist, I just do not believe that "You're new, figure it out, if it doesn't exist, it won't exist, you have to create it yourself if you want it.(Paraphrased)" was a bit ... rude and unhelpful.

- - - Updated - - -

I am Level 2 ... not sure how or why that was assumed. (Disregard, probably assumed cause I posted under Level 1 Forum)
I have some friends who have been using MQ in it's various forms for ages, I will engage them, maybe they can help.

Last edited:
I am sorry for using elitist, I just do not believe that "You're new, figure it out, if it doesn't exist, it won't exist, you have to create it yourself if you want it.(Paraphrased)" was a bit ... rude and unhelpful.

Well that paraphrase changes the context. You pretty much ignored the 2 paragraphs of help and advice. And I made an attempt to explain that we appreciate new users and want them to be here and get help as much as help others. (if were paraphrasing)

eqstreamz, looks like you have a few posting information in there. There's many attempts to smooth through quest/task stuff and it's shared for the most part. If you're running KISS for the majority, have you come familiar with EQBCS and having your toons connecting to a local server? Using that interface can make much of the moving around and such substantially easier. Just being able to tell them all /chase on and off simplify's your life. I'd recommend focusing on the ins and outs of KISS and using the commands. It will make your life SOOOOOO much easier. :)

EQBC is what I am currently working on understanding. I get some of the commands and have yet to setup my local server etc, that is in the works for this evening. I run all of my characters on the same system using isboxer so a local instance should suffice it looks like.

I guess my main request was simply how to utilize the DH HA automation pieces that calaxa, william12 and maskoi have provided the files/capabilities for.

Thank you for the helpful response Rustcat.:rc Thanks to you.

****EDIT**** Sorry for being an elitist jerk! I was high on paint fumes this morning and a little grumpy. I should not have replied the way I did. Sorry!

What I was trying to get across was more along the lines of, If there is a outright bot & guide posted to the public (level 1 access) too many people would do it, and with time DBG would nerf / patch to stop it. (bone chips) But that's my personal take on it, NOT RedGuides.

There is absolutely a way to make it work, it's just that no one has posted a guide of how to set it up. There are several great threads on setting up EQBC and how to setup hotkey commands for your members. (as several posts above have said & linked)

The navigation thing is an on going struggle. Several great coders and developers have been working on improving and expanding the mesh's and MQ2Nav plugin, to make it more user friendly and less buggy. Several of those guys are here on RedGuides, and have often posted 'beta' versions for the users to test. I'm sure they would love to have your help testing!

Again, I'm so sorry I came off as an asswipe. I knew I should have made my coffee BEFORE I sat down at the computer! :(

-Drive

LOL not a problem. I should appologize honestly, I was frustrated by not being able to make things work and that came though in my posts. I am Sorry.
I can understand it not being public. Once I get it up and running I will probably make the post I am looking for so others may not struggle as I have lol.

It was automated and it caused DBG to put a 6 hour lockout timer on it, so the automation is kinda dead at this point. Cal is on EQ Vacation so he is not updating his, Maskoi's was a paid only script so it is not level 1 nor level 2 for that matter and Williams is also a paid sub to them personally, not to RG. I know, I bought them all! They are like pokemon to me! You can contact William for his and or maskoi for his but I think Maskois is now over, not used. And none of them use the new move utilities so they are not really viable. I think Williams may use the advpath so it is good. But again these are PAID scripts to the author not something the average member of RG has access to. Most of us concentrate more on group camp stuff and not on HAs as who wants a script to sit for 6 hours between runs?

Request - Guidance Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back