• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Group suggestions for what I have - prefering CWTN (1 Viewer)

Fownde

RedCents
459¢
I've been copying my characters over to test since I think that's where I'll be playing from here on out. Trying to determine the parties I should build. I have 6 accounts but only 4 really have more than 1 available character, though I suppose I could "buff" a test to 25 and lvl them from there.
Here's the list of toons I have. I'm trying to keep it mostly to CWTN as that seems to be pretty amazing.
Account 1
  • Enchanter – 86
  • Necro – 80
  • Paly - 74
  • Bard 108
  • Cleric 75
Account 2
  • Shaman – 95
  • Mage – 86
  • SK 110
Account 3
  • Enchanter – 87
  • Shaman – 74
  • Wizard - 110
  • Warrior - 61
Account 4
  • Druid – 79
  • Mage – 78
  • Beastlord – 87
  • Cleric - 105
Account 5
SK – 86​
Rogue - 61​

Account 6
Ranger – 86​
Bers - 61​

Sadly, there's no CWTN for wizrds, druids, or rangers yet. But I think most of the rest are available. If I need to make another group to catch up and fill it in, what should I create?
Edited to add the berserker, rogue, and warrior I'm leveling together and a cleric I forgot to list and am adding to the party now.

Last edited:
I've been copying my characters over to test since I think that's where I'll be playing from here on out. Trying to determine the parties I should build. I have 6 accounts but only 4 really have more than 1 available character, though I suppose I could "buff" a test to 25 and lvl them from there.
Here's the list of toons I have. I'm trying to keep it mostly to CWTN as that seems to be pretty amazing.
Account 1
  • Enchanter – 86
  • Necro – 80
  • Paly - 74
  • Bard 108
Account 2
  • Shaman – 95
  • Mage – 86
  • SK 110
Account 3
  • Enchanter – 87
  • Shaman – 74
  • Wizard - 110
Account 4
  • Druid – 79
  • Mage – 78
  • Beastlord – 87
  • Cleric - 105
Account 5
SK – 86​

Account 6
Ranger – 86​

Sadly, there's no CWTN for wizrds, druids, or rangers yet. But I think most of the rest are available. If I need to make another group to catch up and fill it in, what should I create?/
Account 1 - BRD
Account 2 - SHD
Account 3 - SHM (need to PL him)
Account 4 - BST
Account 5 - Make a BER
Account 6 - Make a ROG

You now have arguably the best-synergized group in the game when you get them all leveled, rez stick, epics, etc. Since you are on Test, gear is stupidly easy to come by, double exp (more than double atm because of the bonus), and CWTN for all but the BRD.

Never really got into them lol. I have a really low lvl war and rogue I could bring up.
WAR is great for raids MT IMHO, but not as fun as SHD/PAL in the group game. Plus, the SHD epic is hands down insane. ROG 100% if making a melee group. Great fps, better in ToL/NoS, corpse recovery, collection gathering, all sorts of benefits.

One of the great things about test is that you can have FTP accounts that are gold. So instead of having multiple toons on a single account consider making dedicated accounts for any new characters you create.
The only reason you wouldn't want to separate them is if you plan to keep expansions current on these characters and you would rather not need a copy for each character.

Ideal group make up is Tank, Healer, Crowd Control, DPS, DPS, DPS - caveat with DPS, they should synergize with each other well to min/max. For example, don't make 3 rogues, 3 mages, 3 etc.

As Sic says: In EQ it's a game of inches, and to gain those inches you need to look at who is a "giver" and who is a "taker". A Bst is both DPS and a giver, a Berserker is only a taker, as they don't really give pretty much anything save for like 2 things. Rogues are takers, mages are both givers and takers, but not really ideal for Melee, etc etc. When I talk about "Givers" and "Takers" I'm referring to someone who gives to the group via ADPS/Buffs of some manner. All characters can be takers, but not all characters can be givers. So It's assumed when I call a character a giver that they are also a taker.

Tank - Paly/Sk/War
Healer - Cleric/Shaman/Druid
Crowd Control - Enchanter/Bard
Once you have the trio selected above, decide if you would like the DPS group to be a caster group, or a melee group.
Casters - Necro, Mage, Wizard
Melee - Bst, Monk, Rogue, Berserker, Ranger

Caster Givers - Necro, Mage
Melee Givers - Bst, Ranger

Caster Takers - Wizard
Melee Takers - Rogue, Monk, Berserker

Some ideal group makeups would be the following:
Tank - Shadow Knight
Healer - Shaman
Crowd Control - Bard
DPS - Beastlord
DPS - Rogue
DPS - Berserker

Tank - Paladin
Healer - Shaman
Crowd Control - Enchanter
DPS - Necro
DPS - Mage
DPS - Wizard

A group that isn't ideal but is something you could still do because min/maxing is for losers.
Shaman
Shaman
Shaman
Shaman
Shaman
Shaman

CWTN has plugins for
Tank - Paladin/Warrior/Shadow Knight
Healer - the Shaman/Cleric w/Druid soon(tm)
CC - the Enchanter
DPS - Beastlord, Monk, Rogue, Berserker, Necro, Mage with the Wizard/Ranger soon(tm)

At the end of the day it's up to you to pick the combination that makes it so that you enjoy the game. If you're mostly interested in advancement right now then I can suggest Sk/Shm/Enc/Bst/Ber/Rog and if you're computer can handle it I'd consider making an additional group once you got managing the group down. Bard will be a little bit. But the Enchanter does really good at keeping things locked down. But they don't provide as much ADPS as the bard does when played right.

Hope this helps you make your own decisions.

One of the great things about test is that you can have FTP accounts that are gold. So instead of having multiple toons on a single account consider making dedicated accounts for any new characters you create.
The only reason you wouldn't want to separate them is if you plan to keep expansions current on these characters and you would rather not need a copy for each character.

Ideal group make up is Tank, Healer, Crowd Control, DPS, DPS, DPS - caveat with DPS, they should synergize with each other well to min/max. For example, don't make 3 rogues, 3 mages, 3 etc.

As Sic says: In EQ it's a game of inches, and to gain those inches you need to look at who is a "giver" and who is a "taker". A Bst is both DPS and a giver, a Berserker is only a taker, as they don't really give pretty much anything save for like 2 things. Rogues are takers, mages are both givers and takers, but not really ideal for Melee, etc etc. When I talk about "Givers" and "Takers" I'm referring to someone who gives to the group via ADPS/Buffs of some manner. All characters can be takers, but not all characters can be givers. So It's assumed when I call a character a giver that they are also a taker.

Tank - Paly/Sk/War
Healer - Cleric/Shaman/Druid
Crowd Control - Enchanter/Bard
Once you have the trio selected above, decide if you would like the DPS group to be a caster group, or a melee group.
Casters - Necro, Mage, Wizard
Melee - Bst, Monk, Rogue, Berserker, Ranger

Caster Givers - Necro, Mage
Melee Givers - Bst, Ranger

Caster Takers - Wizard
Melee Takers - Rogue, Monk, Berserker

Some ideal group makeups would be the following:
Tank - Shadow Knight
Healer - Shaman
Crowd Control - Bard
DPS - Beastlord
DPS - Rogue
DPS - Berserker

Tank - Paladin
Healer - Shaman
Crowd Control - Enchanter
DPS - Necro
DPS - Mage
DPS - Wizard

A group that isn't ideal but is something you could still do because min/maxing is for losers.
Shaman
Shaman
Shaman
Shaman
Shaman
Shaman

CWTN has plugins for
Tank - Paladin/Warrior/Shadow Knight
Healer - the Shaman/Cleric w/Druid soon(tm)
CC - the Enchanter
DPS - Beastlord, Monk, Rogue, Berserker, Necro, Mage with the Wizard/Ranger soon(tm)

At the end of the day it's up to you to pick the combination that makes it so that you enjoy the game. If you're mostly interested in advancement right now then I can suggest Sk/Shm/Enc/Bst/Ber/Rog and if you're computer can handle it I'd consider making an additional group once you got managing the group down. Bard will be a little bit. But the Enchanter does really good at keeping things locked down. But they don't provide as much ADPS as the bard does when played right.

Hope this helps you make your own decisions.
I don't have any issues not keeping them on the same account but I would have to pay to transfer them to new accounts. Would I not? Even on test? I don't think they would let me transfer to a different account for free?

I don't have any issues not keeping them on the same account but I would have to pay to transfer them to new accounts. Would I not? Even on test? I don't think they would let me transfer to a different account for free?
No need to transfer. Double exp 100% on Test. Bonus added on to that for a week.

Just from the characters you listed, id go:

1 - Bard
2- mage
3- shaman
4- mage
5- sk
6- ranger

This group would be solid enough to handle most content, might not be the most optimized dps but it wouldnt be horrible either.

You have lot of flexibility with you started. Manage your accounts so that you can always have the core duties covered no matter how you load out the details.
Personally, I run SK, SHM, BRD, BST, ROG, BER & SK, CLR, ENC, MAG, MAG, NEC - but i mix these up sometimes and I've never had anything fail as long as i have the Tank, Healer, CC roles covered. Turns out, differently than most here - I have strong preference for caster groups. Currently working on a druid and ranger to add to options. Great thing about EQ (FTP), MQ, & RG, is it makes quality of life improvements that make it easy to raise new characters and try new things.

No need to transfer. Double exp 100% on Test. Bonus added on to that for a week.
An update to my post. I took your advice and started some new toons.
I started a berserker and a rogue. Around level 15, I brought in the lvl 20 warrior I had. I used mercs briefly for healing since I had a cleric and shaman to level along the rest. Around lvl 30, I brought the shaman in. The early levels fly by. Around level 50 or so (whenever is early enough for a lvl 76), I brought in my cleric. Finally, when they all hit around 70, I brought in an 85 mage.

Current party is 88 warrior, 88 berserker, 88 rogue, 89shaman, 89cleric, 91mage. I wouldn't mind an enchanter for the CC but the group works pretty well. I picked up a set of glowing reis armor for each and whatever jewelry and weapons I can find. Fear Itself has provided a couple upgrades to the other slots. Each has a set of sebilis armor waiting and I think I might have the supplies now for conflagration sets to be made.

Once they hit 105ish, I may shuffle them around with my existing 110 group. And I will probably start another few characters on each to create more groups with characters I have. Basically try to get one of each on each account..

I've enjoyed having CWTN to help with the characters. It's amazing and I look forward to the other classes getting a release. Wizard and bard being the primary two.

An update to my post. I took your advice and started some new toons.
I started a berserker and a rogue. Around level 15, I brought in the lvl 20 warrior I had. I used mercs briefly for healing since I had a cleric and shaman to level along the rest. Around lvl 30, I brought the shaman in. The early levels fly by. Around level 50 or so (whenever is early enough for a lvl 76), I brought in my cleric. Finally, when they all hit around 70, I brought in an 85 mage.

Current party is 88 warrior, 88 berserker, 88 rogue, 89shaman, 89cleric, 91mage. I wouldn't mind an enchanter for the CC but the group works pretty well. I picked up a set of glowing reis armor for each and whatever jewelry and weapons I can find. Fear Itself has provided a couple upgrades to the other slots. Each has a set of sebilis armor waiting and I think I might have the supplies now for conflagration sets to be made.

Once they hit 105ish, I may shuffle them around with my existing 110 group. And I will probably start another few characters on each to create more groups with characters I have. Basically try to get one of each on each account..

I've enjoyed having CWTN to help with the characters. It's amazing and I look forward to the other classes getting a release. Wizard and bard being the primary two.
Fownde you sound in all honesty like me. Using th CTWN Plugins I can tell you that Necro works great out of the box and so does Chanter. Of course I swear by the CTWN Plugins. I'm one of their biggest supporters. I use RGMercs for my other toons I love them as well. But Necro and Chanter are both great toons with the Plugins. I made an Enchanter with the original Idea of just being a buff monkey. But I bought the Plugin anyway. Now I can't get the damned toon out of my group. LOL And I keep at least 1 Necro in my group He's my best DPS. Bu T I assume you're using the Shaman in DPS mode people don't realize what great killers they are.

I run SK, ENC, CLR .... sprinkle in anything else. Works great for all group content and the CWTN plugins work amazing. You might not top the group dps charts at any given point but you will never find a situation you cant do in the group game either. Sk is the best tank unless you absolutely need the warrior defensive abilities for a raid boss. Enc is the best Crowd Control. Clr is the best healer. DPS always seems to change every expansion but you can just swap those out and your core group can power level new toons up in just a few days to a useful point.

I posted without being online but I believe my enchanter is lvl 90 and on the same account as the mage so swapping should be easy. I'll have to check when I get home. The new glowing armor has helped a ton. Early 80s I was taking tons of damage even with full buffs. Upgraded armor and can handle things again. Definitely adding the changer in. I'd almost prefer to swap it in place of the shaman but I'll take what I can for now.

I run War, cle, mage, bst, ench, then either necro or shaman. Necro is nice for a different type of damage, mana tap. Spot rezzes, and what not. I am not concerned if it takes 51 seconds instead or 31 seconds to kill a mob. Well rounded and good synergy, all ctwn plug-ins. The mage and ench together are pretty wild together. Charm pet gets weapons every time and double aura. Ench will lock down everything no worries.

Last edited:
Discussion - Group suggestions for what I have - prefering CWTN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back