• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Group makeup

RedCents
Currently using SK, CLR, ENC, WIZ, BST, MAG

Probably swapping druid with cleric, wondering what people's opinions are for swapping out wiz.

Ready... Go!

RedCents
354¢
Hey there, I would leave the wizard and the cleric to be honest. I find my druid runs low on mana very quickly. Wizard is pretty good with the synergy you currently have. I know you got a lot of mana regen and paragon, you'd end up feeding the druid the entire time if you swapped for cleric. I like the setup you currently have. What are you goals? Biggest thing to look at in a group makeup.

RedCents
I guess that's a good question. Best 6 man for current content including raiding. I recently swapped my warrior for the SK because of the synergies I was missing. Druid seems like it would add much more dps to the group especially with the SK bringing taps. Was going to try and reform my chanter ini to a heavy rune rotation as well to make up for the losses. I guess the Mana is a good point, though I'm absolutely never short on Mana currently. Current setup is definitely good, just think druid would push more.

RedCents
400¢
mixing melee w casters.. not ideal
picking the right healer for the right grp... druids for casters, shm for melee, clr if u really need more heals

that being said if u still want to mix the class types then it doesnt matter play what u like

stay in your lane if u want to go fastest, but most combos can kill mobs eventually, some are just faster than others

RedCents
354¢
I would think if any group could handle a Mana hungry toon, it'd be this one lol
Hehe, I thought the exact same thing, mine runs out of mana a lot. Granted, I don't have the best, but I do have double dip mana regen. Overall, I feel play what you like and adapt from there. For Raiding, I'd either have a cleric or shm in my group personally. I've not raided in current content, but I never brought my druid, unless I needed a backup healer, even then it was sub-par to a cleric or shaman. I'm not saying my current druid can't heal content, he can, just more of a struggle versus shaman/cleric.