• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Group Comp For Missions Focus: Caster vs Melee (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,274¢
I'm curious what peoples thoughts are on a group comp that I'm considering against maybe my better judgement and advice from others. With the free 100 boost ending in a day, I need to choose two more characters to fill out my team of 6. I need to make a final decision tonight.

I'm curious what everyone thinks about a caster focused group for missions focus. Tov-LS

I have 6 accounts with the following characters:

1) 125 Pally
2) 125 BeastLord , 113 Shadow Knight
3) 121 Bard, 113 Druid
4) 117 Mage, 109 cleric
5) empty
6) empty

I could do the obvious and make a melee group. (this is what my guild is recommending) 125 Pal, 125 Bst, 121 Bard, 109 Cleric + Zerker/Rogue.

I'm not opposed to that, but I'm curious about a caster group which would be the 125 Pal, 125 Bst, 113 Druid, 117 Mage, + Ench/Wiz

Again, the goal is to run and farm missions primarily and grind normal exp. I'm more of a casual player who gets on a couple days per week.

I'm assuming these will be subbed/krono'd full time and not f2p? If f2p I think caster groups are the way to go.

Unfortunately your class spread doesn't make this obvious and easy, but here's what I'd do. Since you're leaning caster I'll recommend that over the melee, but...

Caster: DRU, SK, BRD, MAG, WIZ, NEC/ENC
Melee: PAL, BST, BRD, ROG, BER, SHM

This is not a min-max group that I suggest below, but you'll be able to handle all group content, including missions and named once you're geared up.

First, your core that you've already got,

Paladin (Tank);
Beastlord
Bard; and
Mage

Then I'd add either a shaman and a wizard or a druid and a rogue.

Wizards are insane DPS right now even if silver. As is the same with rogues. And I can't emphasize the utility of ports combined with your mage's COTH. It'll make the game so much more enjoyable to play.

You also need someone who can handle heals and cures. I'd like to pair shaman with rogue, but then you give up ports. And while min-maxing is nice, it's not needed. With the right gear and AAs, you'll burn through content.

Good luck, have fun, play what you want.

My fav so far is pal shm brd mag nec wiz but I've run a bst in place of a nec and it's cool too. So I'd make a shm and wiz and go Pal shm brd bst mag wiz.

It's just the reward stops getting given tonight. You won't lose the heroic if you havent used it by tonight. Honestly as far as rolling the toons I'd go shm since your bard and mage are tied to your other healers. Then one mor dps slot wiz, rog or zerk. In my adventures I always run my SK and SHM and then whatever other toons I feel like that day and have had no problems doing group content. Besides the HaF mission..... I still get my rear end handed to me that one no matter what I do =)

So keeping Druid over the Bard and adding Ench/Wizz? Seems the general thought is a hard NO on that one? Additionally, I feel like everyone says, "Enchanter works better with caster group then a Bard does." Why is that exactly? How does the enchanter make my Mage do more damage as opposed to the bard?

Nevermind. The research of the forums answers that question clearly. Druid not going to cut it for main healer. Keeping bard and adding shaman. Just need to decide on the 6th. Wiz, Zerker or Rogue

Discussion - Group Comp For Missions Focus: Caster vs Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back