• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Griklor down - thanks to all of the help and advice. (1 Viewer)

Kingkiller71

RedCents
1,255¢
A few weeks ago, I was struggling in EW killing the odd trash mob with the characters I had.

It made me realise that the makers of the game either didn't want players like me, or the game was no longer designed for people like me. So, I made a decision about whether I wanted to adapt to keep playing the game I've enjoyed coming back to over and over again during the past 20 years, or slowly vanishing into the night.

That decision was to come here. Fast forward just a few weeks and I've just downed Griklor with my crew with no deaths. This was a baseline achievement for myself to see whether I was actually advancing or just treading water.

I've gotten new gear, ground AAs, worked on progression and basically pulled myself up with my own bootstraps.

It wasn't possible without all of the help and advice that I've gotten from this site and the community.

Thanks to you all and I look forward to moving on and taking names as I do so.

Congrats! Its a good feeling when you complete something you set out to do!. Now, just keep at it, farm gear, grind AA's, do epics etc if you still need them. There is no rush, set yourself small goals and just enjoy the ride !

A few weeks ago, I was struggling in EW killing the odd trash mob with the characters I had.

It made me realise that the makers of the game either didn't want players like me, or the game was no longer designed for people like me. So, I made a decision about whether I wanted to adapt to keep playing the game I've enjoyed coming back to over and over again during the past 20 years, or slowly vanishing into the night.

That decision was to come here. Fast forward just a few weeks and I've just downed Griklor with my crew with no deaths. This was a baseline achievement for myself to see whether I was actually advancing or just treading water.

I've gotten new gear, ground AAs, worked on progression and basically pulled myself up with my own bootstraps.

It wasn't possible without all of the help and advice that I've gotten from this site and the community.

Thanks to you all and I look forward to moving on and taking names as I do so.
Hey Congrats my friend!

I got him myself a couple of weeks ago, in a weird way.
my group was ( borrowed 120 sk,
My
120 mage
112 ish mage
112 ish chanter ( they were either 112 or 113)
112 sk
108 cleric

Got him down to about 50% then wiped

Logged back in and he was standing just inside the fort, but i couldnt get all my group in before he atacked and re-wiped me

In the end, I had this wierd chain going..
ran in with 120sk, harm touched, and if had time before getting mobbed by adds,. leach touch
zone in with 120 mage - send pet, send host of elementals - die
zone in other mage - same
zone in 112 sk, run in harm touch -- if mage pet was stil alive, he would make it, if not then died on the way..

rez up in pok, (110 wizard) bind port back to EW - rinse repeat

took a while and a fair few deaths ( all chars had expedient recovery ready) - think the smaller sk had about 10 corpses

but got the bugger in the end.

wasnt pretty, but persistence got it done

I should mention, this was about 2 days before i found out about redguides / mq and all its lovliness

Nice to hear! Of course, since I mentioned this in my post, it's gone to sh!t most times :)

I'm fine burning him down but when he hits 30% and stays on the ground, I often get overwhelmed by the adds and I have to hope I kill him before I wipe otherwise it's a case of running in and repeating, similar to Bolerus.

I don't have any crown control at the moment though - I've a 113 enc and a 102 bard in the wings getting levelled up

Griklor down - thanks to all of the help and advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back