• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Greetings me lawrds (1 Viewer)

RedCents
160¢
"Good Morrow me Shrews and Frews...and Stablesmen? I look like yar!"

Well met lawrds and lassies! I am the noble Gaston, and new to yort forums. I beseech thee for commontongue speeche, and a daily respite from the worke grinde.

If you are wondering about mine name, I am thus monickered after the French warrior king Gaston Du Trefflue...and that Disney character, who was also huge.

I have traveled the lengthe and breadthe of this lande searcing for an audience for my boastful and highly exaggerated tales, but have met naught but angst-ridden teens, and a crowde who describes themselves as the "emotionals." Their tales are full of woe and heartbreak, and oft they feel persecuted despite being approved of by their peeres (yes there was a time before even I, Gaston, was thought to be unacceptable to my peeres, but then I drank 4 dozen eggs every morning to help me get large! Now that I'm grown I drink 5 dozen eggs so I'm roughly the size of a barge!).

For those of you still wonderinge, I am a purveyor of the onlyne game wyrld, and am best known for my Burly Shortman Hunter "Hacken." If you're on Terenas anythyme, then you should drop bye for a mug o' flagyn and some warm Woodmars.

P.S. If anyone can identify the above quote then you will recieve a blessing on yourn householde!

The quote has been extended and...written correctly

Forsooth, the Magicks of Google are of no avail--to complete thine Task doth demand a more powerful Sorcery!

Gaston said:
"Good Morrow me Shrews and Frews...and Stablesmen? I look like yar!"The quote has been extended and...written correctly

Kind of sounds like something that Runned would write as he passes out at his computer and smacks his forehead onto his keyboard. But that's just me. :)

RabidBadger said:
Kind of sounds like something that Runned would write as he passes out at his computer and smacks his forehead onto his keyboard. But that's just me. :)

Wow, that's exactly what happened. Except, replace "at his computer" with "at a bar" and "smacks his forehead onto his keyboard" with "is hit in the back of the head with a pool cue."

I hate it when I pass out unexpectedly on my keyboard. I get little tiny square indents on my forehead, and my posts look like cra,mghjkjvcfoilzfnhlz.

Well lawrds, thou hast had two and twain to discovere the answer to the above postede riddel. Thee answer followes:

The quote is from Home Movies, the short lived, but best-cartoon-in-the-entire-world that aired on Adult Swim from 2000 to 2004. The episode was "The Rennaisance Faire" and the quote was from Mr. Lynch. If you've never seen the show it's on DVD now and is so completely worth picking up (even if it makes no sense at first). Here's the creator's website.

The website's not much but be sure to check out the music links (my favorite is the rock opera for Franz Kafka)

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.

Tom Goes to the Mayor was better then Home Movies.

Marginally.

But it was better!

Alright, just went to IMDB and read up on "Tom Goes to the Mayor." Sounds funny, is it still airing on Adult Swim or did it get the axe too?

Follow-up question: Is it available on DVD?

Interesting fact: Ron Lynch does a voice for this show. The VERY SAME MAN that did the Rennaisance Festival quote above!

I could never get over the fucking weird-ass animation style in Tom Goes to the Mayor. Distracting, I couldn't pay attention.

Greetings me lawrds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back