• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Greetings, If a person had an Red Guides Account. and boxed three EQ accounts, Each on a different computer, would things work? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
126¢
Greetings, If a person had an Red Guides Account. and boxed three EQ accounts, Each on a different computer, would things work? The two Boxed accounts target Leader/Tank and then execute Macro Assist ? Would this three box three computer system require Three RG accounts? Thanks in advance. First Time poster LOL. will read other posts while awaiting a replay.

Solution
MQ is not supported on Truebox servers. If/When a server transitions into "relaxed truebox" or complete removal of truebox restrictions, MQ support would be added at *sometime* afterwards.

> Here is the link to the sticky <

Other tools such as MySEQ and IonBC are available for truebox servers.

Your question reads like a truebox question. And the answer to that is no.

Otherwise, no, just 1 RG account
So figured I could jump ahead here. (Making an assumption)
I have no idea why you'd need to use multiplie computers except to run on True box servers.
If that is the case I'm afraid your going to be disappointed as RG VV doesn't work on True Box by design.

MQ is not supported on Truebox servers. If/When a server transitions into "relaxed truebox" or complete removal of truebox restrictions, MQ support would be added at *sometime* afterwards.

Solution

Sic I think she wants to box on a normal server but uses three computers to do her boxing and wants to know if one Red Guides Account will work ie can she be logged into the one account from the 3 computers she uses to box or would she need more Red Guides accounts? For a regular server let's just say that's her setup it's not true box that's how she boxes 6 toons. Can she have one account logged in from all 3 computers at the same time to do six boxing on 3 computers with 1 Red Guides account?

Sic I think she wants to box on a normal server but uses three computers to do her boxing and wants to know if one Red Guides Account will work ie can she be logged into the one account from the 3 computers she uses to box or would she need more Red Guides accounts? For a regular server let's just say that's her setup it's not true box that's how she boxes 6 toons. Can she have one account logged in from all 3 computers at the same time to do six boxing on 3 computers with 1 Red Guides account?
The answer to multiple PCs, 1 RG account on nontruebox server is yes, which is why I said that you just needed 1 "otherwise"

I am not on a true box server. I have been true boxing ( 3 computers / keyboards / mice / ect. due to the Auto follow lag thing. Better auto follow on three computers. Though looking at the intro vid and the use of Nav Mesh , looks like auto follow would work.

Robren911 has my situation down pat 100 % .

I must say though that the help and Response far exceeds that of other companies , Awesome support.

Thanks for the help

I am not on a true box server. I have been true boxing ( 3 computers / keyboards / mice / ect. due to the Auto follow lag thing. Better auto follow on three computers. Though looking at the intro vid and the use of Nav Mesh , looks like auto follow would work.

Robren911 has my situation down pat 100 % .

I must say though that the help and Response far exceeds that of other companies , Awesome support.

Thanks for the help
check out the new user vids, and get framelimiter setup - you shouldn't have any autofollow issues.

many of us run 6, 12, 24, 48, 54 etc toons on 1 pc and don't have any issues.

trueboxing because of PC performance will be a thing of the past

Greetings to all,

Thanks for the donated RedCents , with that , and a lot of coffee, I got things set up and can now anwser my own question, but thought I would share it in case there is a another new person looking at this, mind you the responses I have gotten were / are AWESOME and I thank you.

OK, I wanted to play with three Computers 3 key / mouse . LIKE true box , but with MQ2.

Reasons: I can see all three accounts as well as thier chat windows xp ext. If I get a tell to one of my boxed toons I will see it.

So the steps are:
download Launcher to all PC's and install as per normal
Test each PC's account , yha dah yha dah
Once all is working on all three pc's type in /pluginman
this will pop up the plugin manager clickie thingie
click or be sure the MQ2EQBC is green
then I followed

Are you using more than 1 PC to box?
If you are running toon on multiple computers you will first need to know your system IP that you wish to run the server on. You only need to run this server on 1 PC everyone will connect to this server.

So in windows XP you will hit the Start Menu > Run > and type "Cmd" without quotes

in the command window you just opened type "ipconfig"

(In windows 7 or Vista you can simply type "Cmd" into the searchbar at the bottom of the windows menu and click the exe it shows you)

You will see and address at the end of the line IPv4 most commonly you will see 192.168.1.XXX or 192.168.0.XXX

This is the address you will need to know.

Once you have that you can go back ingame and type /bccmd connect 192.168.1.XXX 2112

The 2112 is the default port and can be left alone unless you feel the need to change it.

You will want to type the same commands as shown above

Rich (BB code):

/bccmd set autoconnect on
/bccmd reconnect on

Then go to you other PC's and type the same

Rich (BB code):

/bccmd connect 192.168.1.XXX 2112
/bccmd reconnect on

: END QUOTE :

I made a Social key with a /pause 25/bccmd connect 192.168.1.XXX 2112
/pause 25,/bccmd set autoconnect on
/bccmd reconnect on

I hope this help others and thanks again for the help I received here.

Greetings to all,

Thanks for the donated RedCents , with that , and a lot of coffee, I got things set up and can now anwser my own question, but thought I would share it in case there is a another new person looking at this, mind you the responses I have gotten were / are AWESOME and I thank you.

OK, I wanted to play with three Computers 3 key / mouse . LIKE true box , but with MQ2.

Reasons: I can see all three accounts as well as thier chat windows xp ext. If I get a tell to one of my boxed toons I will see it.

So the steps are:
download Launcher to all PC's and install as per normal
Test each PC's account , yha dah yha dah
Once all is working on all three pc's type in /pluginman
this will pop up the plugin manager clickie thingie
click or be sure the MQ2EQBC is green
then I followed

Are you using more than 1 PC to box?
If you are running toon on multiple computers you will first need to know your system IP that you wish to run the server on. You only need to run this server on 1 PC everyone will connect to this server.

So in windows XP you will hit the Start Menu > Run > and type "Cmd" without quotes

in the command window you just opened type "ipconfig"

(In windows 7 or Vista you can simply type "Cmd" into the searchbar at the bottom of the windows menu and click the exe it shows you)

You will see and address at the end of the line IPv4 most commonly you will see 192.168.1.XXX or 192.168.0.XXX

This is the address you will need to know.

Once you have that you can go back ingame and type /bccmd connect 192.168.1.XXX 2112

The 2112 is the default port and can be left alone unless you feel the need to change it.

You will want to type the same commands as shown above

Rich (BB code):

/bccmd reconnect on

Then go to you other PC's and type the same

Rich (BB code):

/bccmd connect 192.168.1.XXX 2112
/bccmd reconnect on

: END QUOTE :

I made a Social key with a /pause 25/bccmd connect 192.168.1.XXX 2112
/pause 25,/bccmd set autoconnect on
/bccmd reconnect on

I hope this help others and thanks again for the help I received here.
MQ isn't going to work on Vista or windows 7. And please dear everything don't tell me you're running one of them

I am Running Windows 10 / 11 . I got the server ( BCCMD ) commands and every thing up and running . I am amaze at how well this is working out. I get server responses on all toons and the interact as if they were on one PC . Tis really impressive.

So figured I could jump ahead here. (Making an assumption)
I have no idea why you'd need to use multiplie computers except to run on True box servers.
If that is the case I'm afraid your going to be disappointed as RG VV doesn't work on True Box by design.
Just to provide clarity here, in my particular situation, I use two separate computers on occasion because sometimes I box my wifes character when she isn't playing her character. Therefore it has to be on a separate computer. So maybe others also have a similar circumstance?

OP: I would suggest Dannet for cross network communication with MQ. It should be enabled by default, but if it isn't see link

https://www.redguides.com/wiki/MQ2DanNet

I run 3 pcs and would also recommend you ditch EQBCS for Dannet.

The only other problem you might run into is some things are designed for one PC. ie There is a great Lua called GEARLY that helps you sort your toons gear. Its absolutely amazing - but you need to modify it to work on 3 pc's at once.

CWTN Buffs also only looks at one PC for what buffs are on what toons.

I would also recommend ISBOXER for 3 pc's

You know there's plugins/scripts that make says and tells show up in what ever window you may be in. There's really no reason to run three clients on three different PCs now unless defeating TrueBox rules. And any PC that'll run Windows 10 or Windows 11 and has a discreet graphics card of any kind can at least run 3 clients on one PC

Greetings wired420 I will have to research that Chat text from say Accout 2 and account 3 to show up on account 1's / leader's screen . By any chance do you know the name of that app. I will start looking as well . Thanks though for the info.

Question - Greetings, If a person had an Red Guides Account. and boxed three EQ accounts, Each on a different computer, would things work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back