• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Going beyond 6 toons with isb + VVmq2 (1 Viewer)

DadBod

RedCents
1,238¢
Hi,
More and more I find myself going beyond 6 toons. So I load the first 6 with ISB + MQ2, and aditional with MQ2 only.

I like the way isb manages windsows, windows swapping, and “see-through”.

Is there a way to get 2 groups running with ISB? (I would be very fine with added license or the like)

Would you recommend abandoning ISB instead? I need the insta-swap for the main group, and the “see-throgh”. And it is so easy to change launch group setup in ISB, the profile groups in MQ2 requires change in configuration files each time (which I would say was a design imperfection).

thanks in advance

ISBOXER and mq2 run perfectly together. There is no reason to stop with 2 groups...you can run them all on isboxer. and configure multiple character sets as required.

Example:

1638624036217.png
And easily add additional computers...and launch all the toons from one character set.

Each character set can have different screen layouts.

I personally use isboxer, at this point only for hotkeys (which you can do other ways) and for the borderless window (which i haven't found another solution that doesn't have a gotcha involved, and i've tried a good dozen different alternativeS).

having said that i can't really recommend isboxer, it is a pain to setup, most of the features are not needed for MQ (imo), and their support is actively hostile

I have been using ISB for several years, my question is how to run two concurrent groups the best way, as it seems that ISB does not support it...

I have been using ISB for several years, my question is how to run two concurrent groups the best way, as it seems that ISB does not support it...
I often run multiple groups and i use isboxer just fine.

i have my "regular" profile 1-6, then i have some profiles that are 1-12 that has my 1-6+ the 7-12 toons. I also have an "everyone" group which has the 1-6, 7-12, AND 13-everyone else. this allows me to keep my 1-6 in my normal place, but load in and out of other toons as i need to without their window positions conflicting

what exactly doesnt work correctly for you with 2 grps?

As SIC and I have both stated - you can create multiple profiles for your groups and everything works.
It does get confused if you try and launch two different profiles at the same time on the same computer - so dont do that.
Just like Sauron - Make one profile to rule them all - and everything will work. broadcasting, VideoFX, windows layouts etc will work for all toons in the profile.

So, the monumental gap in my knowledge in this case was the fact that a character set in ISB can go beyond 6 toons.

!

I am adding the extra toons now.

I have no idea why I got the idea that there was a limit of 6 toons, somehow I told myself years ago that that was a thing....

For posteriority:

Q: does ISB support more than 6 characters?

A: Yes. Just keep adding more character slots to your character set.

Thanks all, will redcent everyone as redcents become available.

Question - Going beyond 6 toons with isb + VVmq2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back