• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

GM Viianixis Quits (1 Viewer)

Viianixis said:
One more thing - (and yes you're typing usually sucked ass)...

Some of you know about the /snoop command GM's use to see anything you type, read, hear, etc etc... Basically - when they /snoop you - your chat boxes become their chat boxes.

Some of you have gotten smart and now use AIM or YAHOO to chat while playing, or use Teamspeak or whatever... But not only the suspected hackers out there are being /snoop'ed.

How many of you ever found a nice quiet corner in one of the rooms in POK to cyber someone?

LOL

What do you think GM's do when they are bored? Sometimes, in addition to events, they cruise the server looking for "interesting" looking situations such as a male and a female characters sitting face to face in a room back in the far corner of a zone and they will /snoop you to see what you are talking about...

More often than not - it's another case of cybering going on... If it's really good, they print out their logs and share it with the other GM's and who knows where it goes from there...

Food for thought...

GM's have a LOT of power with the commands they have access to so beware the bored GM...

ROFL#*$(##

-CodeCaster

So uh... Yeah. Typing MQ commands anywhere but the MQ2 window is a very, very, VERY BAD idea.

-CodeCaster

Viianixis said:
But they go mainly on numbers now - so if you are an idiot and warp like 20,000 times in one day - they are gonna take a good look at you... (Yes, trust me - it happens. I have seen players out there with like over 100,000 entries in the logs for a week for warping and/or having their packets blocked from being sent to the server...).

But I'm not there anymore - but the logs I had created are and this GM Buglex - well - he's mainly interested in you Bards out there that AFK Macro in F Halls, Halls of Honor, and that other place... Vexed or whatever...

Food for thought. Good luck.
watch it bardy-boys lol.

codecaster said:
So uh... Yeah. Typing MQ commands anywhere but the MQ2 window is a very, very, VERY BAD idea.

-CodeCaster

Except that MQ2 intercepts and filters any commands BEFORE they are sent to the server. And unless SOE has decided they can win a law suit for being able to monitor my machine (ie a keylogger) then you can safely type your commands anywhere. Don't believe me? Go ask for yourself on the MQ2 site.

Re: Interesting thread from an ex-GM

well i have meet him in game once..and got a warning from him...saw me doing afk fishing for a day or so...

Re: Interesting thread from an ex-GM

heh nice little post there.

Battletroll I love the avatar

GM Viianixis Quits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back