• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Getting out of auto nav while engaged in it (1 Viewer)

gogeceo

RedCents
80¢
Curious is there a way to take control of my character once i use the find command? sometimes they start doing circles or get hung up on walls cause of dmf or something. I tried hitting escape but that doesnt work

Curious is there a way to take control of my character once i use the find command? sometimes they start doing circles or get hung up on walls cause of dmf or something. I tried hitting escape but that doesnt work
there are some recommended hotkeys
INI:
/hot StopMe 13 /squelch /multiline ; /afollow off ; /stick off ; /moveto off ; /nav stop ; /play off
/hot StopAll 13 /bcaa //squelch /multiline ; /afollow off ; /stick off ; /moveto off ; /nav stop ; /play off
/hot StopGrp 13 /bcga //squelch /multiline ; /afollow off ; /stick off ; /moveto off ; /nav stop ; /play off

omething that I personally do is adjust my mq2 nav settings

/nav ui to pull up the mq2nav window
Then go to settings tab
and then adjust the "break behavior"
I, personally, use stop navigation --- this means when i press wasd, it will cause mq2nav to stop

1597026325615.png

I use /nav stop have it into a hotkey to mqpause off, stick off. Call it an abort key if you will.

Sic has another method which works well. I found I am often finding instances I need to use A, W, S and D to smooth out of the Nav Meshes as they often get hung up on corners if not shrunk, or can't go over certain things if shrunk. Similar, the meshes are often cut too close to camps and have to move as it's navigating to avoid clusters of mobs from known camps training on me and my guys as I travel.

INI:
/hot StopMe 13 /squelch /multiline ; /afollow off ; /stick off ; /moveto off ; /nav stop ; /play off
/hot StopAll 13 /bcaa //squelch /multiline ; /afollow off ; /stick off ; /moveto off ; /nav stop ; /play off
/hot StopGrp 13 /bcga //squelch /multiline ; /afollow off ; /stick off ; /moveto off ; /nav stop ; /play off

HI Sic,, thanks for the hotkey sharing, how do i resume all these after the above abort key?

Just setup another key to turn all these to ON?

INI:

omething that I personally do is adjust my mq2 nav settings

/nav ui to pull up the mq2nav window
Then go to settings tab
and then adjust the "break behavior"
I, personally, use stop navigation --- this means when i press wasd, it will cause mq2nav to stop

View attachment 23581

Worked like a charm. Thanks Sic!

Question - Getting out of auto nav while engaged in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back