• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
GamParse

Software GamParse (1 Viewer) 2.0.0.98

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,102¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Redbot submitted a new resource:

GamParse - A log parser for data freaks. DPS, heals, and more via in-game overlays.

GamParse is a powerful and feature-rich log file parser for EverQuest used by all of the top guilds, as well as many individuals who want to improve their performance.

View attachment 15660

What is parsing?

When you play EverQuest, you can save information about your game session to a file (known as "logging") for later reading and analysis. Parsing is the process of reading the file and turning the millions of lines of text into information that you can easily understand...

Read more about this resource...

Doesnt seem to be parsing magic damage at all.
Wizard nor mage damage shows up, or bst nukes.

It does however show what spells they cast and how many times.

just before TBL launched they added new messages that messed up most of the parsers, they have again since added a couple more. I notice my necros pet lifetap spell is now recorded as unresistable spell damage.

Redbot updated GamParse with a new update entry:

2.0.0.x Beta

Update 2.0.0.77

-Support for updated DD messages.
-Support for updated spell cast, reflects, resists, interrupts, and fizzles.
-Added more in-depth stats for Spells.
-Fix for resetting to default location when minimized.
-Fix for errors when option to suppress no damage players was unchecked.
-Added some additional optimizations.

Update 2.0.0.x

Be aware that as a Beta version all settings will be default and need to be adjusted how you like them. Each update will reset...

Read the rest of this update entry...

two updates

Update 2.0.0.81

-Fix for error parsing slain messages from 2.0.0.80.

Update 2.0.0.80

-Spells Tab now shows per-spell breakdowns for spell failures: Interrupts, Fizzles, Resists, Reflects, and Blocks.
-Spell Over Time now displays the above with a notation for each respective spell failure.
-Added parsing for combat ability spell message.
-Other Misc. improvements to spell parsing that aren't visible to you.

beta 2.0.0.83

-Changed Time filters on the Search Tab to be between two dates (like GINA search). Default is last 24 hours from the time GP is started.
-Fix for "yourself" appearing as an opponent.
-Fix for error when exporting fight to text file.
-Fix (for real real) for errors with parsing new interrupt messages.
-Fix for some spells not being added correctly to fights.
-Fix for some incorrect times being listed for DPS.
-Disabled (for now) the resetting of settings files on update. May be reenabled for...

Update: 2.0.0.94 - Redownload from first post

-Fix for selecting "Total" on the Heal breakdown.
-Fix for Pull Suppression not being checked on reload.
-Added a check for proper .NET version.

Those of you having issues with the spells tab let me know if you get an error when you start it. (If you have the proper .NET framework installed you won't see anything different).

Update 2.0.0.93 - Redownload from first post

-Fix for older DoTs that didn't show a spell name. They now read as "Unknown Spell".
-Prevented some older...

When trying to link a pet to the owner, it only gives me one player to select from, not all of the players that have pets...i.e. SK and Mage both have pets, i can only link pets to the SK, mage does not show up as an option. I've tried splitting pets, but that does nothing for me.

DM if you want me to send the raw log to you.
GamParse-2.0.0-Beta_jVC1DLsOAT.png

2.0.0.95 to 2.0.0.97

2.0.0.97 - Redownload from link in first post

-Fix for a variable that wasn't properly resetting when loading a new log.

2.0.0.96 - Redownload from link in first post
-Fix (hopefully) for some interrupted spells showing incorrectly in the Spells & Discs Tab.
-Slain "spells" should now properly count in the "Comparison" box on the Spells & Discs Tab. (Note that this is NOT included in the total cast counts).
-Removed the "Special Codes" legend/key on the Overview Tab as it...

No issues here. Perhaps uninstall / reinstall?

There isn't an install to my knowledge. Its just a .exe file.

you need to have or you used to...have some .net frame work crap or something installed

It stopped working after I did a system update. This would make sense that it probably wiped out whatever I had that made it work. I'll see if I can do some research on this. Thanks!!

When trying to link a pet to the owner, it only gives me one player to select from, not all of the players that have pets...i.e. SK and Mage both have pets, i can only link pets to the SK, mage does not show up as an option. I've tried splitting pets, but that does nothing for me.

View attachment 17155

If you still have this issue: use the Leader command, you can activate it in the pet window, or use the EQ command “/pet who leader”.

This will cause the pet to say something like “my leader is xxxx”, and the parser picks it up.

thanks :) This issue actually stopped since I got a new PC...sometimes gameparse does freeze loading files though.

View attachment 17155

Did you ever find a solution for this? I've tried both the beta and the current release - having the same issue with my mage pet. My char name does not show up on the player drop down list and my pet name does! Pet drop down list is empty.

Did you ever find a solution for this? I've tried both the beta and the current release - having the same issue with my mage pet. My char name does not show up on the player drop down list and my pet name does! Pet drop down list is empty.
Make sure you have the very latest version. I think it's ".99A"

Has anyone been having any issues with GamParse? Damage is fine but it is not logging anywhere close to as many AA's and Disc that my Rogues are using. Any suggestions would be helpful. I know this is not a RedGuides product but there is this discussion. Thanks in advance ...Peace Out :angel:

Has anyone been having any issues with GamParse? Damage is fine but it is not logging anywhere close to as many AA's and Disc that my Rogues are using. Any suggestions would be helpful. I know this is not a RedGuides product but there is this discussion. Thanks in advance ...Peace Out :angel:

Haven't seen any upgdated to Gamparse since the thread got locked down over on the official forums. The *.99* versions stopped giving me tanking data, and with no avenue to discuss it again...and it frequently missed data, as you are experiencing.
Ended up switching over to EQ Log Parser, which, there's a link floating around somewhere. It's uh.... It has it's own share of flaws but seems to do a good job, although i am constantly re-linking pets to owners because it cant remember who is owned by who. The rgaphs for rolling damage in/out, etc are really slick, along with the ADPS comparison charts.
The charting out fights has helped me fine tune some of my adps on melee burns which is nice. But some 0of the data - for tlp - likes to reference the live name of a spell/skill frequently which is a little annoying, and there is not a whole lot in terms of customization options that gamparse has. So, flaws, but seems to be getting updates at least.

gameparse did not get completely updated after the last time that EQ changed the logging format. It's effectively broken beyond being usable at this point and it does not appear that a fix will ever be forthcoming. IMO, it's a dead resource at this point.

Software GamParse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back