• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - game locking up / crashing when zoning on test server (1 Viewer)

519helvis

test server lobbyist
RedCents
939¢
after a quick search here i could not find anything else similar so wanted to ask if anyone else has seen an issue when using a command to zone a raid/multiple groups at once and it causing the game to lock up

on Friday i ran a griklor raid on my crew and when i was finished i did the normal druid TL to GGH anchor and the //yes command ... it froze up all 54 windows yet when checking system resources it didnt seem to be maxxing anythnig out? im no tech professional or anything but i know my computer and have never had this issue?

than today was running an older tbl raid and had the same scenario happen but was only moving 3 groups at a time ...

my computer is almost brand new got it in January and has handled a full raid crew fine ... before i go further with that ... i'm curious has anyone else on test server been having issues when zoning?

i've been finding that even if the windows don't lock up it still seems to be taking a very long time to load ,...

any feedback is appreciated

after a quick search here i could not find anything else similar so wanted to ask if anyone else has seen an issue when using a command to zone a raid/multiple groups at once and it causing the game to lock up

on Friday i ran a griklor raid on my crew and when i was finished i did the normal druid TL to GGH anchor and the //yes command ... it froze up all 54 windows yet when checking system resources it didnt seem to be maxxing anythnig out? im no tech professional or anything but i know my computer and have never had this issue?

than today was running an older tbl raid and had the same scenario happen but was only moving 3 groups at a time ...

my computer is almost brand new got it in January and has handled a full raid crew fine ... before i go further with that ... i'm curious has anyone else on test server been having issues when zoning?

i've been finding that even if the windows don't lock up it still seems to be taking a very long time to load ,...

any feedback is appreciated
Ive been doing the NoS Missions. And everytime I zone doesnt matter where, without fail, Ill have 1-all of them lock up and freeze! Been experiencing it for awhile but everyone else Ive spoke to hasnt had any issues so I thought it was just me

Back in my test days I found trying to port directly to a guild hall (Big or small) had an almost universal tendency to cause me to disconnect. It was a long standing bug with at least the small guildhall that you had to send in a sacrifice toon to spin up the instance then you could load your crew in. Theories were all over the place as to why, but it was the way of things for years till they "Fixed" it.

It sounds like that's back.

A couple of things you could try
Send just one to make sure the guild hall is spun up. If it crash's your typically good to send the rest in. If it doesn't. Enjoy your port.
Leave a toon in the guild hall so it doesn't go down. Not ideal but its what I did most of the time.

Question - game locking up / crashing when zoning on test server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back