• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - FV Raiding? (1 Viewer)

Vikszaik

RedCents
150¢
I used to raid in original eq pre Kunark and Kunark but stopped playing after scars of velious came out. Did about 1 or 2 years of extensive age of Conan raiding 2008-2009). Loved raiding but I had to work too much and had to give it up. However, I’m recently retired and I want to give it another go.

I’m 90% sure I’ll go with EQ (debating New World and EQ2 as well, however no MQ2). I like the idea of FV (easier to deck out 6 toons from the bazaar). I don’t want to solo to max level, and will 6 box it to max level. However, I’ll have a main I’ll use for raids and joining a raid guild (I won’t box when I join a raid guild, due to my suspicion it’s likely not accepted).

I’ve gotten 6 toons to 115 on test using MQ2, so I have a good feel on the mechanics of MQ2. My main is a monk. I’m hesitant to spend money on 6 toons for expansions on test without knowing how good raiding is on test.

Questions I have

1) what server (FTP or TLP) is best for raids (ie most raid guilds)? I just assume FV is best for ftp. TLP needs to be boxing allowed.
2) i love the community and vibe on test and definitely lots of 6 boxing. When mq2 is down for patches, the population is very low. But I suspect FV and definitely TLP would look down on boxing/mq2. I’m I wrong? I’m a don’t ask don’t tell, but it’s fairly easy to figure out boxers when you cross paths.
3) I prefer monk as main but not opposed to rogue or beast lord. Will it be a hard sell to get into a raid guild as a monk?
4) not a huge deal, but to save on some cash, is it possible to only get expansion on 3 toons to advance past level 115 and use mercenaries for the other 3 spots (to get my main to 125 for raids). Maybe TLP better, since you don’t need to buy expansions?

Roll a toon on the servers youre interested in and ask the names of the raiding guilds, they'll probably have a page that will tell you what classes they are looking for. If you can afford the cost of 3 mercs at 115 you probably can do the expansions instead and be money ahead.

I used to raid in original eq pre Kunark and Kunark but stopped playing after scars of velious came out. Did about 1 or 2 years of extensive age of Conan raiding 2008-2009). Loved raiding but I had to work too much and had to give it up. However, I’m recently retired and I want to give it another go.

I’m 90% sure I’ll go with EQ (debating New World and EQ2 as well, however no MQ2). I like the idea of FV (easier to deck out 6 toons from the bazaar). I don’t want to solo to max level, and will 6 box it to max level. However, I’ll have a main I’ll use for raids and joining a raid guild (I won’t box when I join a raid guild, due to my suspicion it’s likely not accepted).

I’ve gotten 6 toons to 115 on test using MQ2, so I have a good feel on the mechanics of MQ2. My main is a monk. I’m hesitant to spend money on 6 toons for expansions on test without knowing how good raiding is on test.

Questions I have

1) what server (FTP or TLP) is best for raids (ie most raid guilds)? I just assume FV is best for ftp. TLP needs to be boxing allowed.
2) i love the community and vibe on test and definitely lots of 6 boxing. When mq2 is down for patches, the population is very low. But I suspect FV and definitely TLP would look down on boxing/mq2. I’m I wrong? I’m a don’t ask don’t tell, but it’s fairly easy to figure out boxers when you cross paths.
3) I prefer monk as main but not opposed to rogue or beast lord. Will it be a hard sell to get into a raid guild as a monk?
4) not a huge deal, but to save on some cash, is it possible to only get expansion on 3 toons to advance past level 115 and use mercenaries for the other 3 spots (to get my main to 125 for raids). Maybe TLP better, since you don’t need to buy expansions?
yes 3 boxing with 3 mercs is great but it does mean you need to build your group for that. if you wanted to stay with DPS main i would suggest maybe like DPS/shaman/bard/3rogue mercs. if the DPS can hold agro great if not maybe change of the rogue mercs to a tank. rogue mercs are pretty good DPS with a bard in group. im not sure how good cleric mercs are if you made a tank instead of the shaman.

There are 2 American guilds that raid full time on FV both have application processes. I run a guild made up entirely of boxers from Red Guides on FV. We don't raid yet but likely will do casual raiding at some point.

These are some raiding guilds and the days they raid on FV - most of them have mentioned accepting Monks. Go check out their sites.

EAR is a huge (over 4,000) member guild that is very helpful to guild mates with getting needed achievements in the game such as https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=134319 They have tons of inner guild contests, events, etc and sometimes do alliance raids. This guild is very "friendly" (wink wink nudge nudge)

Average server like Tunare or Xegony has about 2-3 raiding guilds with much stricter requirements.

TLP are very restrictive and much of the content is not available on them until a certain expansion is released on their schedule. Kinda old school so not really ideal if you want current content. Plus there is a new one opening soon and a lot of players will migrate to it so might be good to get in on ground floor for that one.

These are some raiding guilds and the days they raid on FV - most of them have mentioned accepting Monks. Go check out their sites.

EAR is a huge (over 4,000) member guild that is very helpful to guild mates with getting needed achievements in the game such as https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=134319 They have tons of inner guild contests, events, etc and sometimes do alliance raids. This guild is very "friendly" (wink wink nudge nudge)

Average server like Tunare or Xegony has about 2-3 raiding guilds with much stricter requirements.

TLP are very restrictive and much of the content is not available on them until a certain expansion is released on their schedule. Kinda old school so not really ideal if you want current content. Plus there is a new one opening soon and a lot of players will migrate to it so might be good to get in on ground floor for that one.
All 4 of the listed guilds are recruiting for your "main" hand played. None of them allow MQ on raids, to do so, at the least is getting kicked from raids.. most likely reported also. Rob and a few others of us here have box raiders, but starting out, unless your going to dump couple dozen KR, your fresh boxes are gonna be Greg style and be a waste of spot.

End result, yes, get a hand played char you are skilled at (or willing to learn), play on FV, feed raid loot/currency back to your box people, and use them to overall advance your team (progression, achv, AA's) when your not on formal time.

There needs to be one named Taco Tuesday as none seem to be raiding Tuesdays.

If you are able to raid the standard times (6-8pm starts EST) then you'll probably find FV is great for you. It also has their top guilds coordinated to raid on different days if you wanted to raid more on different characters. This server also supports FTP boxes nicely, and free trade is too convenient, its hard for me to go back and play regular servers because of this.

Other live servers aside from TLPs you may find pickings a bit more scarce in terms of number of guilds with variety of schedule.

And what about live servers other than FV? IS there anyone box raiding or wanting to???
There are multiple of us on this forum with entire raid armies of our own there’s also a couple of groups of friends that I know have done it in the past (not sure if they still are). Odds of randomly finding one with other unknowns on the forum is likely low because of the exposure to others that comes with it

Discussion - FV Raiding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back