• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - Funny Guild Name (1 Viewer)

RedCents
924¢
This morning before the markets opened (I trade derivatives(options) and equities), I was doing the Bazaar Bag freebie quest and getting the Fellowship token on a couple of my toons, and I saw a character whose guild tag was "Passing Winds".

I know it's utterly childish, but I still laugh at stuff like this. It made me wonder if the GL was aware of the double entendre and was just being tongue-in-cheek, or he/she was serious and thought this would be some sort of majestically cool name. It's funnier if it's the latter.

Not to mention that it's not the manliest name ever. Please tell me this is NOT Rob's guild.

This morning before the markets opened (I trade derivatives(options) and equities), I was doing the Bazaar Bag freebie quest and getting the Fellowship token on a couple of my toons, and I saw a character whose guild tag was "Passing Winds".

I know it's utterly childish, but I still laugh at stuff like this. It made me wonder if the GL was aware of the double entendre and was just being tongue-in-cheek, or he/she was serious and thought this would be some sort of majestically cool name. It's funnier if it's the latter.

Not to mention that it's not the manliest name ever. Please tell me this is NOT Rob's guild.
Considering this...'vintage'...game is just full of adults, I'd have to guess they are aware of the name humor. But without the silliness, where would we be? Just like the bitter Boxing haters on the regular forums. Rob's one is lightly humorous as well. The double humor with the passing winds one... what if they leader truly did not know and goes about touting how cool the name is and others wondering if he's being humorous. Would be like a Farrelly Brothers movie in Norrath.

Totally concur. We find joy where ever we can :)

In some culture, passing winds could be interpreted similar to 'Feng Shui'. Which by the way just mean "Wind Water". (That's literally what Feng Shui means). Which means flowing winds and water. Flowing like the wind and water. Something to that effect.

And yes, oblivious to the 'other' meaning of Passing Winds. It will actually sound really good and poetic in Chinese.

Woohoo! I must have leveled up in the forum because I've unlocked the ability to drop red cents on people instead of just "like" and "I heart this". Much better.
You can keep up your level 2 by continuing to give out red cents for funny, cool, helpful posts! And if you make posts like that then others will give you red cents.

You can "buy" your level 2 each month for 50 red cents in the red cent store. Its up the top right of the page here

Looks like you had enough to do that but Rob generously helped you out. That's just how nice we are here.

You can keep up your level 2 by continuing to give out red cents for funny, cool, helpful posts! And if you make posts like that then others will give you red cents.

You can "buy" your level 2 each month for 50 red cents in the red cent store. Its up the top right of the page here

Looks like you had enough to do that but Rob generously helped you out. That's just how nice we are here.
LOL. Yeah, I clearly didn't realize.

I thought it was because of my skill at forum posting. "You have gotten better at forum. (100)"

I remember having a heck of a time trying to get fun guild names through the GM filter when I first played in the early 00s. Then WoW came in and blew the lid off the whole "let's take this seriously" gambit and I think EQ had to relax its stance a bit. I've seen some really good guild names across the few servers I've played on over the last couple years back in the game.

Funny - Funny Guild Name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back