• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - Funny Asleep at Keyboard Moments (1 Viewer)

RedCents
761¢
Not confirming or denying some of these being of my own doing :D

1. Waaay back in the day, had a group down in Frenzy camp in LGuk. Probably been there a few hours. The chanter in the group was pretty badass keeping CC under control with our chain pulls while controlling a charmed pet too. The night was getting long and before anyone could realize, the chanter hadn't moved in a bit. Few attempts to /poke and trigger audio alerts...but no response. A few minutes had gone by and now we're having back spawns occur. While dealing with those, the worst thing happened...The mage geared/buffed charmed pet broke lose. Was pure carnage at that point. That pet destroyed all of us with ease. The best part of that though...the chanter woke up as we're all dead and discussing how to get back down there with that creature camping our corpses.

2. This next one used to happen more often back in the day. Too many times a group member would fall asleep and the rest of the group would have to chain inspect them to trigger their toon to go LD, or leave them behind to die or whatnot. LOL. Obviously, wasn't always the case if there was a porter in the group. There were times it was the porter that fell asleep though. So, that definitely caused some flustered folks when they couldn't get a port out of a deep dungeon afterwards 😄

3. While kiting in Skyfire mountains, we were near the Burning Woods zoneline medding after a few kills. All of a sudden, a wizard in our group just took off running. Didn't say a word. Didn't invis himself. So, of course we invis'd and took after him. Don't know how...but he managed to run across the zone all the way up against the wall without any aggro. We only knew then that he was asleep when his toon was still running while up against the zone wall. You can just picture the comical aspect though of him sitting at his desk, head mashed on the keyboard drooling, LOL 🤣

4. I will admit this next one was myself...Found out the hard way not to bind in the so-called "safe hall" :airquote: in LGuk. Fell asleep there once while waiting LFG for a spot to open. Needless to say, a train and a few death loops later...I woke the next morning several levels lower and all corpses expired. Angry rage is about the best way to describe it. Had to buy a new keyboard that day.

Right before they nerfed Drezna in Najena, they had a que for for the spawn. It was so bad a GM came and would randomly to a CC to see who was there, if no answer, you lost your spot. I was asleep for 14mins a time for almost 35 hours. So I wouldn't miss the CC. But I got my damn boots. Bad part was it was my Bday and some people showed up. So every 14 mins my timer would go off and I would run down get on PC and yell Im here for Drezna with my hotkey, then reset timer and go back. Noone understood it.

Right before they nerfed Drezna in Najena, they had a que for for the spawn. It was so bad a GM came and would randomly to a CC to see who was there, if no answer, you lost your spot. I was asleep for 14mins a time for almost 35 hours. So I wouldn't miss the CC. But I got my damn boots. Bad part was it was my Bday and some people showed up. So every 14 mins my timer would go off and I would run down get on PC and yell Im here for Drezna with my hotkey, then reset timer and go back. Noone understood it.
this guy EQs

For me it was the circlet of shadow prenerf - being a necromancer meant I could FD in between respawns so while sitting there waiting for the countdown to next respawn it became very easy to fall asleep, and the item was rare enough that you would have to sit there for days getting PHs or getting his common drop. So, mind you I was basically a kid, it was summer, and I'd been up far longer than normal - wham, I wake up hours later, sitting in my chair (maybe some drool), on screen I was a floating pile of bones, with the named having spawned. It would be a great ending if it had the item I wanted, but unfortunately it was just another of his common drop.

Last edited:
Early Paladin years. I had just restored faction enough for Freeport Militia to not beat my ass going to North Freeport to bank. Someone in EC was about to die by the hands of Sergeant Slate so I hit him with Lay on Hands and asked if he would kite a minute so I could zone to Nektulos. He didn't wait! A bit later I was killed by a Grif. It was night time and being a blind human, I decided to wait until it was morning to get my corpse. Not thinking about being bound at the gates in Freeport, I retuned about 20 minutes later to be caught in a death loop. The gaurds were having a field day beating me senseless. I had to get the assistance of a GM to get my pile of corpses and move my bind to the zoneline. That was a multi level loss mistake. Needless to say I never healed anyone fighting guards in EC ever again.

so, way back when trying to help a friend complete his cleric epic in the dark days when you had to kill ragefire after naggy died and he could spawn at any time within a 36-hour window. There were 3 guilds attempting to do the turn in at the same time. It got bad so a GM was even called in to monitor the situation. I stayed up for 3 days straight to finally get him the turn in. I actually had my recliner pulled up to the computer would take 10min power naps.

One day I had already been playing for 26 straight hours with friends.
We used Teamspeak (a Discord like) to speak to each other, at one point I said "I'm starting to get tired", the second after I was snoring !
There must be an audio recording of this conversation lying around on the internet somewhere.

It was a long time ago, when i was a young player. My guild decided to farm east wing in Ntov for armor, i was playing a cleric as main at this time. I fall asleep during the raid, and woke up a few hours later. i was alone in ntov, luckilly, we were pulling to a safe camp.

Euro player so happened to me very regularly unfortunately, I was raiding with a PST guild toward the end of my 'raiding career' so raids going on till 5am or 6am took their toll.

This could have been the first time but it was definetly my most infamous. I remember I was in Kaesora, I was in a family guild at the time and we had a nice little group from the guild going. We had dropped down into the big cave area where the church is, there's a ledge where there's no going back once you drop in and we were pulling to there. I was a wizard so I was probably their ride out of the place too. Anyway fell asleep at the keyboard, face on the desk sort of thing. Woke up a couple of hours later, they were still there waiting for me luckily but ready to leave at this stage. I remember porting them out to North Karana and having a laugh about it. It was about 8am then, went downstairs and talked to my mother for a while and then went to bed! It's funny the things you remember years later.

Those days I was in college and a lot of the time I would get up around 5pm, play through till maybe 8am and go to bed. Occasionally I would actually go in to classes, catching sleep on the bus in and out. It's a wonder I ever managed to graduate! But those few hours of lectures really cut into my sleeping time and could lead to asleep at the wheel incidents lol.

This is not a falling asleep moment. But a moment I will (and my guildies) will never forget. Once in my old guild, we were all playing as usual. One of our guild mates stopped responding. Naturally everyone thought he fell asleep. So one of our guild mates who happened to live just down the street went over to visit / log him off etc. Only to find he had a sudden aneurysm burst in his brain and passed away at his keyboard.......:(

I hate the memory.....makes me sad to this day...

Funny - Funny Asleep at Keyboard Moments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back