• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Fullscreen login issue (1 Viewer)

RedCents
130¢
Hello community!
I have a strange EQ issue (Probably not related to the MQ, but does not make my life easy).
Could someone advice, please.
Start and run EQ for the last few months without any problem (except the windowed mode on login, but this is seems a permanent bug from the developers and can be overrun by ALT+Enter).
From the last week i found that when i log EQ and on the character selection window press ALT+Enter (to avoid chat windows messsed up in game), screen goes black for the few sec, then drop to the desktop.
EQ icon remain in the start line.
Pointing this icon showed me EQ start screen with the character ready to load.
Clicking on the icon bring black screen and drop to the desktop again.
Using ALT+TAB to navigate to the EQ end up with the same result, black screen and desktop.
Hitting ALT+Enter while in black screen sometime bring EQ back to the front in the window mode.
Using ALT+Enter kick the game to the dead circle (black screen>desktop).
After multiply attempts, if lucky enough, i can get the EQ window in full screen, then i can log in.
(By the way, if i switch the tabs (ALT+TAB), game goes to the dead circle again.
VERY ANNOYING...
What i did: Copy eqclient.ini file from another computer without login screen problems.
No help.
Update graphic driver - no help.
Reinstall the game completely - no help.
(System: MSI Creator Z490 with I-9 cpu and Gforce RTX3070 and as i mentioned, up to the last week EQ runs well).
Maybe someone experience and solve the same issue and can share information?
Thank you for any advice except the "Play in window mode" - Sorry, this is not an option.

Solution
> Thank you for any advice except the "Play in window mode" - Sorry, this is not an option.

Then enjoy having all your problems.

Seriously, exclusive full screen mode is a disease. Cure yourself of it.

> (System: MSI Creator Z490 with I-9 cpu and Gforce RTX3070 and as i mentioned, up to the last week EQ runs well).

Nobody here has changed anything.
> Thank you for any advice except the "Play in window mode" - Sorry, this is not an option.

Then enjoy having all your problems.

Seriously, exclusive full screen mode is a disease. Cure yourself of it.

> (System: MSI Creator Z490 with I-9 cpu and Gforce RTX3070 and as i mentioned, up to the last week EQ runs well).

Nobody here has changed anything.

Solution
like literally the developers of the game was like fullscreen mode is so bad, its making us cry we gonna make it default to windowed mode, maximize your window and you wont notice, rearrange your ui and camp out nicely and you golden, took like 2 days to switch from fullscreen to windowed and then beign happier in windowed mode.

Thank you for the information.
I have 9 computers run EQ now, all in full screen, no issues.
From early 2000, when i join EQ i use this game only in full screen, and never aware of the problems it caused on any computer, big or small.
May be i am special?
I think there is problem with some PC setting interference with EQ.
That what i hope to heard, from someone who have the same problem and solve it,
not bend yourself to it (by switching to the window mode).
Looks like no hope.
Will keep trying.
Thank you all again for the responses.

Problem - Fullscreen login issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back