• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Full Screen WIndow Mode (1 Viewer)

Myysterio

Myysterio
RedCents
1,516¢
I'm getting to the top of Maslow's Hierarchy with RG

I've seen several posts on windows mode, but I haven't seen something recent that didn't have caveats like not working with autologin. Can anyone tell me how the fullscreen windowed mode works or point me to directions? Switching in full screen sucks and windows have crap resolution. I'd like to up my resolution game.

Thanks ahead of time. Just need some help finding directions that actually work and arent 5 years old.

Other than isboxer I haven't found any that can give borderless Fullscreen without any "gotchas" or compromises
What do you use? Ive seen your videos, you swap screens and have significantly better resolution than I do.

Another annoying side note, If I go to full screen mode, it puts it on the wrong screen and wont go to the other one.

What do you use? Ive seen your videos, you swap screens and have significantly better resolution than I do.

Another annoying side note, If I go to full screen mode, it puts it on the wrong screen and wont go to the other one.
isboxer, unfortunately.

eq also doesn't like swapping in and out from -> to -> back from fullscreen --- can cause/create crashes because of the reso changing

eq recently made windowed mode the default to try and combat some of that
coldblooded had a fullscreen thingie, i'm trying to find a link --- it was based on this window switcherr from eve

isboxer, unfortunately.

eq also doesn't like swapping in and out from -> to -> back from fullscreen --- can cause/create crashes because of the reso changing

coldblooded had a fullscreen thingie, i'm trying to find a link --- it was based on this window switcherr from eve
Ive been running in windowed mode since I came back in 2020, I recently saw something about windowed full screen and I been complaining about the lack of visibility through my UI. All my MQ buttons make it feel like i'm playing with a helmet on.

isboxer, unfortunately.

You have any info on how to port MQ/RG to Isboxer setup? I see videos on how to just set it up normally, but having autologin all setup for MQ sounds like a complication. Paying $50 to fuq myself over for a few weeks while i work out the kinks doesn't sound like any fun to me. Also, if you have a friend code for lavish I will put it in if I buy something.

This is the legit way to have autologin work with a functioning, non-shit, fullscreen windowed mode that allows you to seamlessly move from game to desktop and back without EQ deciding to fuck itself. You also get all the added benefits of ISBoxer's window positioning, which is also far superior to anything EQ offers out of the box.

I just use eqclient.ini VideoMode and Defaults with these lines below along with MQNext Framelimiter:-

[Defaults]
WindowedModeXOffset=-3
WindowedModeYOffset=-26

[VideoMode]
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
Width=1920
Height=1080
WindowedWidth=1924
WindowedHeight=1058

The final result is Full screen for HD 1920x1080 with windows Taskbar appearing to switch to other programs, working smoothly like it used to be with old WinEQ.

I just use eqclient.ini VideoMode and Defaults with these lines below along with MQNext Framelimiter:-

[Defaults]
WindowedModeXOffset=-3
WindowedModeYOffset=-26

[VideoMode]
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
Width=1920
Height=1080
WindowedWidth=1924
WindowedHeight=1058

The final result is Full screen for HD 1920x1080 with windows Taskbar appearing to switch to other programs, working smoothly like it used to be with old WinEQ.

I have
[Defaults]
WindowedModeXOffset=1919
WindowedModeYOffset=1

[VideoMode]
Width=1920
Height=1080
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WindowedWidth=1904
WindowedHeight=1041

My resolution in window mode sucks and i have less play space than in full screen mode. All the UI components take up significantly less space/look clearer. This may be a problem with my video card, but Im not sure how to remedy it.

ISBoxer's window layout system is a thing of beauty. It is NOT super user friendly to set up, but there is a window layout wizard that does a lot of the heavy lifting. I play on 3 27" monitors and cross-monitor borderless full screen instantaneous window swapping, without any resolution or other EQ fuckery is pure awesomesauce. Well worth the $50 per year for me.

Can I use Isboxer strictly for the borderless full screen? And my MQ still work like normal? I Main my pali while the rest of my group is umm. Very quiet awesome players lol. I play on a 34” widescreen 2560x1080, I can’t get EQ to switch to full screen so I can enter the viewport info, it crashes the game when I hit switch to full screen. Also, If anyone can assist in getting rid of the weird stretched world that would be nice.

Can I use Isboxer strictly for the borderless full screen? And my MQ still work like normal? I Main my pali while the rest of my group is umm. Very quiet awesome players lol. I play on a 34” widescreen 2560x1080, I can’t get EQ to switch to full screen so I can enter the viewport info, it crashes the game when I hit switch to full screen. Also, If anyone can assist in getting rid of the weird stretched world that would be nice.
yes, I use isboxer --- but if you don't already use isboxer, i don't recommend trying =p

I don't think I could survive without ISBOXER.
  • Borderless full screen and Window layouts for multi-monitors
  • Broadcasting across multiple PC's
  • Virtual INI for each toon.
  • Setup Multiple teams in minutes.
  • Viewports etc etc
There is a problem with Framelimiter and ISBOXER "Next Window" - but other than that it wont screw up your MQ.

I just need a way to get my screen to work sic. Any other advice?
I also use ISBoxer. Works great once you get past the learning curve. Have you tried running in windowed mode, and using the windows taskbar overlap option in the EQ options screen so you gain the part of the screen back that windows taskbar usually takes up once you maximize the window? I realize you will still have the small bar at the top of the screen, but I think this is as good as it gets. Well, as far as I know based on what you are asking for.

I also use ISBoxer. Works great once you get past the learning curve. Have you tried running in windowed mode, and using the windows taskbar overlap option in the EQ options screen so you gain the part of the screen back that windows taskbar usually takes up once you maximize the window? I realize you will still have the small bar at the top of the screen, but I think this is as good as it gets. Well, as far as I know based on what you are asking for.
My prob is with the 34” wide screen, if I run at full windowed, I cannot use the /viewport option to convert to 1080. So my toons look like fat dwarfs lol. Everything is stretched. So I was trying to go full screen, viewport, it puts black walls on the side of the screen and you can move like chat boxes and stuff off the screen so you get a full view to play on. Just a pain in the ass really playing an old game on new techology

My prob is with the 34” wide screen, if I run at full windowed, I cannot use the /viewport option to convert to 1080. So my toons look like fat dwarfs lol. Everything is stretched. So I was trying to go full screen, viewport, it puts black walls on the side of the screen and you can move like chat boxes and stuff off the screen so you get a full view to play on. Just a pain in the ass really playing an old game on new techology
Oh I see. I understand now. I will think on this and see if I can come up with something.

Question - Full Screen WIndow Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back