• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - FTP v Expansion - dumb question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,842¢
Ok, this is probably a dumb question but I've spent a bit of time trying to figure it out and can't seem to come up with an answer that makes sense.

I am considering buying NoS for my 3 FTP boxes (only have what's FTP, which is up to ToV currently). Other than limiting new AA purchases, prestige, etc. are there other limits? For example, can I still go into the expansions and exp, get em to 120 (then krono em to grind AAs), etc.?

I'd *imagine* I'd have access to all the expansion stuff (CoV, ToL, and NoS) and could get to 120, but I don't want to drop the $ on it without being sure. Any help?

Yes. You can only purchase the current expansion (NoS), but it comes with all of the previous expansions you did not have access to. CoV, ToL, and now NoS. 120, associated AA's, zones, gear, etc. You will have full access to everything DBG currently offers content-wise.

In June typically, CoV will open to all F2P players, but you will only have access to the zones, gear, and AA. No level increase.

Does that help?

Yes. You can only purchase the current expansion (NoS), but it comes with all of the previous expansions you did not have access to. CoV, ToL, and now NoS. 120, associated AA's, zones, gear, etc. You will have full access to everything DBG currently offers content-wise.

In June typically, CoV will open to all F2P players, but you will only have access to the zones, gear, and AA. No level increase.

Does that help?
Sure does! Thanks!

Not sure what you meant here @Shadow. There is no level increase in CoV. Were you intending to say that FTP would not get a level increase if there was one? Not aware that is the case, and FTP got level 115 unlocked with that expansion I believe.

And having access to the AA is misleading. FTP can't earn the AA, but can access them once earned.

Whats really good is they will be adjusting it so level 100 can request tasks in NOS next week.

Changed the minimum level on all Night of Shadow quests to 100.

Of course this will also allow them to die "Ranger" fast.

Not sure what you meant here @Shadow. There is no level increase in CoV. Were you intending to say that FTP would not get a level increase if there was one? Not aware that is the case, and FTP got level 115 unlocked with that expansion I believe.

And having access to the AA is misleading. FTP can't earn the AA, but can access them once earned.
What he was saying is that although access to CoV will be coming shortly, don't expect to be able to achieve level 120 because it was not a level increase expansion. As for being able to access those AA's you can't access CoV AA's on an account that doesn't have access to CoV, be it ftp or gold. Once CoV becomes free to all you have the ability to purchase the CoV AA's whether ftp or gold, but if ftp it's gonna cost you. Anyone that would be silly enough to but AA cap increases needs to be smacked into last week. Save your money and activate the account for 1 month and get far more AA's than you could with the measly AA upgrade purchases.

What he was saying is that although access to CoV will be coming shortly, don't expect to be able to achieve level 120 because it was not a level increase expansion. As for being able to access those AA's you can't access CoV AA's on an account that doesn't have access to CoV, be it ftp or gold. Once CoV becomes free to all you have the ability to purchase the CoV AA's whether ftp or gold, but if ftp it's gonna cost you. Anyone that would be silly enough to but AA cap increases needs to be smacked into last week. Save your money and activate the account for 1 month and get far more AA's than you could with the measly AA upgrade purchases.
Sorry @Turaj. That was a bit passive aggressive on my behalf. The wording of Shadow's reply made it seem there was something special about the XPAC being unlocked for FTP:
CoV will open to all F2P players, but you will only have access to the zones, gear, and AA. No level increase.
Rather than just say that was wrong, I figured I might be missing something and posed it in the form of a question rather than an assertion. Should have just clarified that FTP will have full access to CoV, subject to the normal FTP restrictions (AA, gear, etc.).

Ok, this is probably a dumb question but I've spent a bit of time trying to figure it out and can't seem to come up with an answer that makes sense.

I am considering buying NoS for my 3 FTP boxes (only have what's FTP, which is up to ToV currently). Other than limiting new AA purchases, prestige, etc. are there other limits? For example, can I still go into the expansions and exp, get em to 120 (then krono em to grind AAs), etc.?

I'd *imagine* I'd have access to all the expansion stuff (CoV, ToL, and NoS) and could get to 120, but I don't want to drop the $ on it without being sure. Any help?
My two cents wait for CoV ftp. NoS is a dead expansion…mostly just us doing our thing the group experience is mostly dead on live

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

That is exactly what I was saying. When CoV is released for F2P, meaning every account now has access to CoV content, Zones, AA, and Gear. No level increase in the context that 115 is still the max level for CoV, and he mentioned 120 specifically. It was a clarification statement shortened to "No Level Increase".

My two cents wait for CoV ftp. NoS is a dead expansion…mostly just us doing our thing the group experience is mostly dead on live

Happy Hour Drinking GIF
I don't know anything about NoS, but ToL content was worth it IMHO. I enjoyed it. I liked the loot system, and from what I hear, the NoS loot system needs to disappear and never come back.

Naw, it will stick around for 2-3 xpacs until they hemorrhage subs and realize it was dumb as crap, 2 years to late.
People are whiners. We are two months into a non-level XPAC and people are upset that they have not all completed their armor sets already.

This systems is somewhat exponential. Initially, all pieces will be new and useful to everyone in the group. Over time, each dropped piece will be useful to fewer and fewer members (meaning most already have most gear). It is bottleneck imposed by design. And it isn't as bad as many thing if they just realized that specific missions and specific named drop specific slot items.

Overall it doesn't matter, as the T2 gear is almost as good and the lack of TS gear will hardly determine life or death, but people like to whine.

NoS is the ONLY expansion that i didn't get full geared on, It's very hard to get a full set of T3 on even your main tank. I would wait for the next expansion if i were you, yeah it might be 10 months ahead but you can do many stuff in old content while waiting. Save your money for some kronos or subs, Your toons will thank you. :)

Question - FTP v Expansion - dumb question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back