• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Request - FTP tanks (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,775¢
I've almost always played casters in EQ but recently PLed up a war and an SK, both on FTP accounts. Are these even really feasible to play without prestige augs? If so up to what level.

Also, does anyone have a list of non prestige AC augs hanging around?

Do the whole set of Heroic augs in Feerott and Lower HOT, that nets you 19 30AC augs and one 35ac shield aug, plus a dmg aug, ALL non prestige!
Sadly, it requires that you do have a heroic char.

On FV it is very easy to tank F2P in full Suppressed with a mix of heroic augs and a number of better non-prestige augs (there are some 40+ ac augs that are non-prestige) :P

That goes up to 100, I have not done any TDS.

have used f2p non heroic non auged roft1 geared not maxed aa sk's to farm in VoA t3 with no problems also tanked a few tasks in shards ladning no problem. but my lvl 94 warrior cant even tank in Tosk.

heroic f2p with at least full set of heroic augs should be able to manage TDS T1 at least.

When you say ftp, you mean 250aa? That's really the limiting factor there. You can get away with not having any augs at all but the aa's, you need at least the autogranted from either going gold one month or going heroic.

Gear, you can get latent or castaway and you'll be able to tank even TDS (not sure if it would be easily though) without any augs if you got the aa's.

even the 1000 from being silver isnt really enough so would def advise going gold for at least 1 month and getting the autogranted AA's and as many more as you can.

obv if you go heroic you get the autogranted ones upto 85 anyway and some decent augs.

so id say if you have to choose between gold for 1 month or heroic i'd go with an heroic toon.

I'm going have to disagree with scots on this. Heroic=3500 SC. Gold=$15/month and you get the autogrant. I can rack up over 4k aa easy in a month over the autogrant putting your tank at well more than enough to tank group content even without augs. Two months gold, you should be able to max a warr's aa including tradeskills and non essentials.....knights, probably not since they got so many extraneous ones but it will be real close.

heroic sk = 5518 no idea what warrior or pali gets. autogrant lvl 85 full access enchanter gets around 4900 so not a lot between the two untill later lvls.

depends how much play time etc you can get in. not everyones gona be able to max aa in a month or even two, and ofcourse heroic is over twice the cost of two months full access.

The best IMHO for long term F2P is Heroic + 1 month Gold, but that is not cheap.

Heroic gives you some AAs (MPG trials, some SoD AAs) which autogrant does not, plus you get to use the Heroic non prestige augs. Of course, you also save some time of not practicing skills. Fast Drogmor mount is another extra you do not have to spend Gold Tickets on for the horse.

As already stated, autogrant from Gold gives you AAs up to and including 90 and then you have a month to get the rest of AAs past 90.

I got from 5500AA to 12k AAs in a month of KISS on my heroic SK last summer. I did have a F2P 95 mage, 95 bard and 95 shaman on passive buff duty (ungrouped)

where did you do that Playj? and why have the others ungrouped from sk, apart from not having to share xp? didnt realise bard songs would work on someone outa group.

remember you can also equip a F2p with full TDS t1 gear without having the expac so you can easily have a pretty awesome F2P tank

I did it in HoT zones T2 and T3 ones. My strategy has always been kill more greens but die less. VoA zones were doable but I could die if lag spike hit my shaman.

Only the SK was on gold access and the other characters were level 95 F2P Heroics so couldn't gain any experience/AA.

Bard was only singing AOE mana song. Mage was dmg shielding (Surge line rocks) and sending in pet, and shaman was healing/buffing. Only SK was running KISS, rest of chars were running simple buffing and healing loops that I wrote. Oh I also added a line to KISS to periodically turn on my SK's cleric merc for cleric buffs and then turn it off when buffs were done.

So the requirements to max out AAs were pretty low, you need only about 200AA a day, so that is less than 10AA an hour. This was on FV though, so regular server will take longer but 2 months of gold should suffice

You are right, F2P at 100 is very nice with Castaway gear (remember you can wear it without having TDS expansion).

Request - FTP tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back