• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - FTP Recommendations (1 Viewer)

whytdrumer

RedCents
1,014¢
So all my characters are currently FTP, level 110, without AAs. Here is the makeup of my crew: SK, Bard, Sham, Mage, Wiz, and Rang. I also have an Ench and Cleric that ill be bringing along to support my main group (still deciding this). I'm looking for help on how to beef up my group because right now it seems like soloing they get owned pretty bad. My SK for example has all Snowbound ToV gear, and the best FTP gear I could find, but my HP non-buffed is about 150k. I'm looking for any and all recommendations on how I can create a solid group that can own most things. Here are a few thoughts.

1. Buy Krono for all of them to auto-grant AAs and grind out more AAs for everyone.
2. Continue upgrading gear for my other characters. Right now my SK is the only one that has ToV Snowbound gear and solid weapons.
3. Start trying to get non-prestige augs. These seem to drop from mobs that are out of my capabilities, I could be wrong here.
4. Get All Access for my SK and get better gear.

What are other things I can do? Better gear? Augs? I'd love your input and guidance. Thanks everyone. Love this community.

So all my characters are currently FTP, level 110, without AAs. Here is the makeup of my crew: SK, Bard, Sham, Mage, Wiz, and Rang. I also have an Ench and Cleric that ill be bringing along to support my main group (still deciding this). I'm looking for help on how to beef up my group because right now it seems like soloing they get owned pretty bad. My SK for example has all Snowbound ToV gear, and the best FTP gear I could find, but my HP non-buffed is about 150k. I'm looking for any and all recommendations on how I can create a solid group that can own most things. Here are a few thoughts.

1. Buy Krono for all of them to auto-grant AAs and grind out more AAs for everyone.
2. Continue upgrading gear for my other characters. Right now my SK is the only one that has ToV Snowbound gear and solid weapons.
3. Start trying to get non-prestige augs. These seem to drop from mobs that are out of my capabilities, I could be wrong here.
4. Get All Access for my SK and get better gear.

What are other things I can do? Better gear? Augs? I'd love your input and guidance. Thanks everyone. Love this community.

Couple things - if you're trying to stay F2P it is worth at least STRONGLY considering making your tank all-access, so you can take advantage of the better gear,and specifically the prestige augments - these really add up.
definitely autogrant your team and AA them hard for that 30 days they are krono'd - you can do this one by one if you don't want to drop all the money on all-access at once --- do your tank first without question
the non-prestige augs shouldn't be hard for you to get at 110, several of them in the TBMish era - but not to beat the msg too hard - your tank will be so much better all access

in fact, I would argue that it is very possible that your ability to generate plat/farm having your tank all-accessed and fully geared would pay for itself in the long run.

As far as your group comp goes - you have a lot of flexibility there, but not really taking advantage of full group synergy.

your wiz/mage are going to get more benefit from the enchanter over the bard - but with sk/brd/shm - using a couple of zerkers would be really beefy heh

I always feed my tank first - the strongest my tank can be is a win/lose for the full group without question.

150k is pretty low hps - sounds like your SK might need AAs too? SKs have a TON of AAs, so prolly get started sooner than later --- once your toons are "maxed" on their AAs, it is so much easier to keep them maxed when new content becomes available to you

The "without AA" is what's making it tough. Trying to tank at 110 content without the multiple levels of HP % boost, AC soft-cap boost and combat agility boost is going to feel like your tank is just getting run over. I'd krono the SK, turn on auto-grant and re-log. Then try the same camp. I bet it will be much easier. If you can krono the other toons for auto-grant, that will add a lot of DPS right away and some healing boosts.

Most people run their tanks as all-access all the time. It just makes maxing their AC easier. You can use all the prestige augs (bigger selection and more AC) and all the T2/T3/chase gear from whatever expac you're in.

AC augs is going to be a long term goal, you'll put a lot of time into camping them. Grab whatever you can in Bazaar and then start looking up aug guides or search on eqresource/raidloot. I also made a list of random AC boosts you can run around 110. Like mounts, stat food, tribute and such.

Last edited:
You’re absolutely going to want to take care of your tank first like everyone said. Frankly, I can’t believe you can hang around at all without any aa at that level

Thanks guys for the feedback. So @Sic what would you say would be a solid 6 box based on what I have and if you had the “perfect” group. I know there is no perfect group but I’m curious to hear your thoughts. I chose the bars because he seemed to add more utility than the enchanter. I also had the sham because he can heal and buff/debuff.

Thanks guys for the feedback. So @Sic what would you say would be a solid 6 box based on what I have and if you had the “perfect” group. I know there is no perfect group but I’m curious to hear your thoughts. I chose the bars because he seemed to add more utility than the enchanter. I also had the sham because he can heal and buff/debuff.
everything is super subjective --- If i had your crew and was going to "sic"ify it - I would go sk/shm/bard/zerk/zerk and then zerk/bst/ranger?/mage - last one has some flex - i love the bst for the utility it brings - 2 zerks and a bst - delish --- berzerkers are faceroll easy and very straight forward --- big 2 hander, a bard, and stack HDEX and GG

there is a ton of good combos tho

Never played a zerker. I typically play casters because they have been easier to box. But I haven’t used mq2 before so that might change things.

Question - FTP Recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back