• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Fresh group to 105, looking for some advice (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,013¢
Just got my (first) group to 105 and have a six pack of Coronas View attachment 34915 ... oh wait, Kronos...

Looking for some advice. Should I:
1. Krono now, grind 4kAA (for the bonus), then AutoGrant, then level...
2. Grind to a higher level (106, 110), then pop krono, AA bonus, AG, then grind AA
3. Grind to 110, chill and work on non AA activities (Epics, Augs) until after xpac launches, then repeat the above choices for 110-115
4. Something different (other than give you the krono 🤪 )

This group is all (green) F2P, and it's getting really interesting what I can do to level at this point. I've managed to get a conflag set for my SK for when I do get to 106... and sort of leaning towards going 106 and starting the krono/AA journey to help my QOL enjoyment. However I'm a little torn with the new Xpack coming out next month and would hate to waste lots of time grinding AA now that will be AG next month.

Cheers

Just got my (first) group to 105 and have a six pack of Coronas View attachment 34915 ... oh wait, Kronos...

Looking for some advice. Should I:
1. Krono now, grind 4kAA (for the bonus), then AutoGrant, then level...
2. Grind to a higher level (106, 110), then pop krono, AA bonus, AG, then grind AA
3. Grind to 110, chill and work on non AA activities (Epics, Augs) until after xpac launches, then repeat the above choices for 110-115
4. Something different (other than give you the krono 🤪 )

This group is all (green) F2P, and it's getting really interesting what I can do to level at this point. I've managed to get a conflag set for my SK for when I do get to 106... and sort of leaning towards going 106 and starting the krono/AA journey to help my QOL enjoyment. However I'm a little torn with the new Xpack coming out next month and would hate to waste lots of time grinding AA now that will be AG next month.

Cheers
so couple things.

if you have no AA, autogrant going to eok and 105 is going to be a HUGE bump for you. and almost an absolute requirement to even grind up higher level without a PL.

since you have a conflag set, get your sk to 106, then decide.

I think it is MUCH easier to grind AAs before capping out, i almost always go full/near full aas for 110 before popping toons into 111+.

at 110 you can use ToV T1 gear which is a HUGE jump from conflag.

regarding the autogrant - they've often been slow and inconsistent about when they bump the f2p and autogrant is often even more behind than that. so i probably wouldn't wait on that specifically.

Dont think we have any indication that ToV will go FTP in a month it could be +6 months like they did for TBL with launch of COV. I would wait a month and see what its going to do and probably keep pushing for higher lvls and see what it looks like after new expansion launches.

Question - Fresh group to 105, looking for some advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back