• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Framerate hell (1 Viewer)

Did you check compatibility settings? Also, see if
/plugin mq2itemdisplay unload
helps. If so, Check uierrors.txt in your eq dir.

If none of those are helping, we can schedule a screenshare time and I'll have a look.

well i was having a combination of things. im not sure what all or which combination of things fixed it. i deleted the ini, got dx, deleted drivers in safemode, set afinity, did cpu.mac, and redid win10. im sure i did more than that just cant remember what

HW Vertex shaders should always be ON. This was a feature added back in the day when video cards were pieces of shit, this allowed the CPU to take up some of the load to ease up on the video card. Now that everyone has a "recent gen" video card, the video card can actually process this better than the CPU can, so you must leave it on.

This has a side effect of bottlenecking your RAM too, because anything that goes thru the CPU must also go thru the Ram. So by making sure every single one of your clients has HQ Vertex shaders on, you should see less CPU and Ram consumption overall- usually about 3-5% CPU usage per client you have loaded. You'll probably also want pixel shaders 2.0 on there, because video cards process this better than forcing them into a legacy mode from 15 years ago.

I recently did this as I was pegged out on my ram (16gb running at 90% usage) and after changing this it drpped down to 50-60%, and thats with 14 characters.

If this helps ya, please hit thanks......thanks!

sounds like it may be related to mq2fps. If you do use that, make sure in everquest game options, your FPS sliders are set to max. Also make sure you are on calculate mode, and not the other.

/fps mode - this is a toggle command, between "calculate" and I think "constant", if you watch your eqbc window, it'll show what mode you have switched to.

I think calculate is the good one out of the two, but you can try both and see what your results are.

Problem - Framerate hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back