• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Frame Skipping Issue - Mouse Look (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
8,317¢
With the implementation of the DX11 and EQ, I have been able to adjust for almost all of the performance issues that came with the update. However, one thing I haven't been able to really adjust for has been the massive lag and frame skipping when looking around with the mouse. Also, from time to time the game seems to just bog down to a few frames, and then a few seconds later go back to normal.

Anyone else experiencing this and found an adjustment that makes a difference? I would be interested in hearing about it.

Did you update your video drivers?
All drivers are up to date on all machines tested. But wait there's more...see below

yes, i have the same issue. I have no idea how to fix it though.

I just found this on the EQ Forums...

Looks like a temp fix as well as acknowledgement that it will be fixed in an upcoming update

For those interested, here is the temp fix in the forum post HERE

Please try this work around. It should benefit players with modern recommended graphics cards.
  • Copy the EQ file Resources\Memory.ini
  • Rename your copy to Resources\Memory512.ini
  • Edit your copy as follows
    • Change these variables in this section to have the values shown:
[MemoryMode2]
BitmapsPerFrame=20
MaxHighQualityTextureMem=512
DownsampleTextureMem=128
  • Edit the EQ file eqclient.ini and add this variable under [Defaults] section:
[Defaults]
MemoryIni=Resources\Memory512.ini
  • Also find (or add) this variable under [Defaults] section and change its value as shown:
[Defaults]
GraphicsMemoryMode=2
  • Run LaunchPad to launch EQ
Performance should be better!

For those who tried this, you can see that the Memory.ini file contains instructions and that there are a range of memory tuning possibilities. We'll be tuning Memory.ini default values to work better on modern machines in a future update.

Question - Frame Skipping Issue - Mouse Look
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back