• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - Foraging Ethemere Essences (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,549¢
I am working on my toon's research, and the Guidestones is the easiest way to go. I've got a ranger and druid farming full time in ETWK but MAN is it slow. 70 Essences in a day but 1000 pods of water. Is there a better zone in which to forage, with a higher rate of Essences?

I am working on my toon's research, and the Guidestones is the easiest way to go. I've got a ranger and druid farming full time in ETWK but MAN is it slow. 70 Essences in a day but 1000 pods of water. Is there a better zone in which to forage, with a higher rate of Essences?
wow i didn't even know you can forage essences - they drop very frequently from mobs in COTF zones - the dead hills fast respawn mobs (near tower) drop them very often

I used to forage them in dead hills and don't remember getting more than 100 per day. If memory serves 85 was average. If you flip the HA and forage you can do well over 100 a day but a full stack will be over a week of foraging.

Don't forget you can choose ethemere essences as a reward in the Overseer quest. But I don't think you get many.

And Magelo lists Neriak fourth gate as top spot for drops. I know when I do the Roz daily HA I will get a few everytime.

You should be able to make a few f2p accounts and setup some forage bots, I used to have 3 in cotf zones for essences and 3 in tds zones for relic fragments and just swap them over every half day to day and alternate zones at the same time

Pro Tip - use binding powders

intricate, elaborate, ornate etc.
can probably buy them in stacks of 1000 in the bazaar.
rest of recipe is store bought without subcombines
resultant parchment is stackable (unlike guidestones)

need about 1,200 to go from 243 to 300. Need another 1000 more to max the trophy

Pro Tip - use binding powders

intricate, elaborate, ornate etc.
can probably buy them in stacks of 1000 in the bazaar.
rest of recipe is store bought without subcombines
resultant parchment is stackable (unlike guidestones)

need about 1,200 to go from 243 to 300. Need another 1000 more to max the trophy
I think it would depend on server. On mine the essence sell for 200 to 1500 and there are no elaborate or ornate binding powders ever in baz.

Isn't there a completely vendor bought path to 300+ for research? I did my bard from 0 to max trophy in less than 2 days.
Sounds great if such a path existed but I have never seen one for any TS that was 100 percent vendor. Even jewelry requires diamonds and that's the easiest I know of. What's the secret recipe?

Sounds great if such a path existed but I have never seen one for any TS that was 100 percent vendor. Even jewelry requires diamonds and that's the easiest I know of. What's the secret recipe?
Maybe I bought binding powders off the bazaar, but I know that I did 0 to max trophy research in, like, a day and a half with no farming on my end. I know it was super easy so spending literal weeks foraging for essences doesn't sound efficient to me.

Easiest method for me was to use the guide stone mac here and park in ethermere to max research and the trophy. Definitely the biggest pain in the ass TS to max imo

My method for research to 300 was Combat Spellbook:

To make Combat Spellbook (Spell Research: Yield 1, trivial 375), Combine the following in a Spell Research Kit, Tome Binding Kit, Prayer Writing Kit, Hybrid Research Kit, or Song Writing Kit
  • bullet.gif
    Mystic Ash (*)
  • bullet.gif
    Piece of Parchment (5) (*)
  • bullet.gif
    Writing Ink
Writing ink, had 1000's of them from dropping all the time, and they never had any other real use..

only thing, you need to do that small questline between Shawl 2.0 and 3.0. You must complete the Merchant Alliance Quest and scribe the Merchant Alliance Tradebook in order to perform this combine.

but you run the tradeskill mac with the ID of the combat spellbook in the mac so it destroys it each time you create, and its easy street!.. you can use this to max lvl your trophy as well!

When I was looking for the Essences I had build a team of Bard, Rangers and Druids and did the 3 Gribble-mission once a day, to Speer up the collection of those. The mobs in the Gribble-missions drop them commonly. While Groningen up this Band, I Kette forage-AAs maxed.

Question - Foraging Ethemere Essences

Users who are viewing this thread

Back