• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - for fun groups: 3box - tankless/mercs from level 1? (1 Viewer)

redraj

RedCents
571¢
Anyone have success stories of 3boxing melee characters - or tankless groups (no pettanks either)?

I really want to level some rogues or wizards from level 1 by running through old zones and what not. I'm not really interested in leveling/gearing another tank, loading up healers & 6 accounts. I found it to be too slow/tedious 1-70 when your stopping very often to regear, buy new spells, etc. I got caught up a lot reconfiguring ini's and shopping for entire evenings when I did 6 accounts, get tired and then afk botted while I slept instead of actually playing, just to repeat the next day.

I was thinking of doing rog/rog/rog or wiz/wiz/wiz or something else for the 'funsies' maybe 2 chars and a bard (only if necessary), allowing me to copy/paste ini's and quickly pick up identical spells/weapons and move on.
Running through some tss zones/quests (I remember the hive being lots of fun).

Not even remotely close to optimal. Will I hit a brick wall doing that? Is relying on tank mercs/healers reasonably effective? I'm not sure if I've used a tank merc past level 20 before.

At what level do you even need to start using a tank 60? 70?

I'm thinking the tank merc would have the advantage of being able to get & maintain aggro on multi pulls (something I haven't been able to get right on my tank bot - and even when it would, the content would be too tough to stay alive for long).
Upto level 70 rogues do silly damage with their poison procs, I recall one shotting mobs at level 40 when the new poison procs first came out. I'm sure triple nuking is just as quick upto level 70.

Anyone have success stories of 3boxing melee characters - or tankless groups (no pettanks either)?

I really want to level some rogues or wizards from level 1 by running through old zones and what not. I'm not really interested in leveling/gearing another tank, loading up healers & 6 accounts. I found it to be too slow/tedious 1-70 when your stopping very often to regear, buy new spells, etc. I got caught up a lot reconfiguring ini's and shopping for entire evenings when I did 6 accounts, get tired and then afk botted while I slept instead of actually playing, just to repeat the next day.

I was thinking of doing rog/rog/rog or wiz/wiz/wiz or something else for the 'funsies' maybe 2 chars and a bard (only if necessary), allowing me to copy/paste ini's and quickly pick up identical spells/weapons and move on.
Running through some tss zones/quests (I remember the hive being lots of fun).

Not even remotely close to optimal. Will I hit a brick wall doing that? Is relying on tank mercs/healers reasonably effective? I'm not sure if I've used a tank merc past level 20 before.

At what level do you even need to start using a tank 60? 70?

I'm thinking the tank merc would have the advantage of being able to get & maintain aggro on multi pulls (something I haven't been able to get right on my tank bot - and even when it would, the content would be too tough to stay alive for long).
Upto level 70 rogues do silly damage with their poison procs, I recall one shotting mobs at level 40 when the new poison procs first came out. I'm sure triple nuking is just as quick upto level 70.

Merc tanks are very over powered at low levels. When I remade my character I was able to solo till about 60 with a Tank Merc + Ranger.. no healer.

That does sound fun, but I'd lean more towards 3 wizards just for travel purposes. I also wouldn't worry so much about shopping, I only do it once every ~15 levels or so. My level 100's walk into the bazaar wearing heroic gear & spells :)

I hear a lot of shit about the tank merc, but mine is tanking a couple lvl 101 mobs right now with no issues. It's not perfect, but it does slightly better than the caster merc and that's all I need.

Merc tanks are a lot better if you don't have them set to auto assist and set a group MA.... without it they sometimes run around and break roots... which is annoying. Especially when you have a ranger pulling... rangers are great pullers now with the root-blur.. but not with mercs!

If you can slow the mob then a tank merc can handle most everything. With 3 wiz or 3 rogue, I think the mob will be dead before the tank gets hit! Hahaha

Question - for fun groups: 3box - tankless/mercs from level 1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back