• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Firewall/Router Issues (1 Viewer)

IamBigDaddy

RedCents
80¢
Firewall/Router issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just started my 9+ month project in Japan and the hotel I am staying at apparently is blocking the ports I need for EQ and Teamspeak. Below I have tried to give all the info I can think of that might help someone trying to help me. If you do not know how to fix firewall/router issues you can stop reading now as I do not want to waste anyones time. TIA to those who choose to help me...;-)

IE, Outlook Email, SlingPlayer (watch TV from home in USA) and even Limewire all work fine. Actually very fast connection.

With EQ I can get to the login screen but get this error after typing in login/passwoord-"Network Error. The server is not responding,please check your connections and try again."

With TS I get the error-"No reply from server Maybe the server is offline or maybe Teamspeak is not running on it."

I only play on the Bert server.

I have portable the uses Vista with me and both a portable and desktop that use XP pro.

I am using a Belkin wireless router (tried connecting directly with same results)

I have D-Link 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch (DES-1005d) that I am not using but if it will help with this situation I can.

I found this iinfo on the SOE site-
"UDP datagrams are sent to/from the player's PC (using ports numbered >1023) from/to the EverQuest servers (using ports numbered >1023). Additionally, ICMP Unreachables (ICMP type 3) are sent to/from the player's PC from/to the EverQuest servers.

The EverQuest server IP addresses are on the subnets:
64.37.148.* , 64.37.149.* , 64.37.150.* , 64.37.151.* , 64.37.156.* , 64.37.157.* , 195.33.132.*, 195.33.108.*, 195.33.133.*, 199.108.1.*, 199.108.2*, 199.108.3.* ,199.108.15.*

Please note that EverQuest opens a random UDP data port from the player's PC every time EverQuest is run. Thus, the need to have all ports >1023 available. "

"Thus, the need to have all ports >1023 available." this is going to be very difficult to get them to do...All ports...

Welcome to Asia, I'm in Korea.

If the hotel is blocking your ports then you are S.O.L., unless you use a proxy. Thing is I don't know of a proxy that would be able to forward your EQ requests.

I had the same issue once in a hotel, and what I did was told the front desk that EQ wouldn't play, and I asked them if they were doing port blocking. They sent me to the business center, and the guy asked which room I was in and how long I would be staying. within an hour I was able to play EQ.

Firewall/Router Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back