• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Fellowship Vitality Bug (1 Viewer)

Many_Whelps

WoW was the first MMO
RedCents
9,106¢
Are there any known issues with vitality gains? I have 2 box groups. Half of my main group gains vitality as expected and half are stuck at zero. All are in the same fellowship and show as "capped" in the fellowship window, but the character sheet shows zero vitality available.

/begin rant
I have read the docs on that and I do not understand fellowship XP at all. Nothing works the way that I expect it to.
I never see any of my guy's fellowship bars go up.

If I have character A, who I want to Donate XP, and Character B to to receive XP, Is A supposed to be Sharing? or is B supposed to be Sharing? or both?
If character A is in a group with other characters that are not sharing XP, it seems to me like everyone else gets less XP than when that is toggled OFF. I am not %100 sure about that.

/end rant

/begin rant
I have read the docs on that and I do not understand fellowship XP at all. Nothing works the way that I expect it to.
I never see any of my guy's fellowship bars go up.

If I have character A, who I want to Donate XP, and Character B to to receive XP, Is A supposed to be Sharing? or is B supposed to be Sharing? or both?
Both
If character A is in a group with other characters that are not sharing XP, it seems to me like everyone else gets less XP than when that is toggled OFF. I am not %100 sure about that.

/end rant
The way it "should" work is that everyone who wants to participate, either as a giver or a reciever should toggle xp sharing On. Whenever anyone in the fellowship gets xp (kills only, no quest xp), everyone not with the group accumulates vitality. Even if they're online, but in an other zone or ungrouped. When a character gains vitality it goes to either aaxp or level xp according to how they have xp distribution set in the aa window.

I've had it working in the past. I recently started leveling 5 fresh level 85 heroic toons. 1 had been sitting in fellowship, unused floor several months, the others were neawly created. The one toon with full vitality dinged 88 before the others even got to 86. So it its very useful when working properly.

Last edited:
@SA_krycek I see, I think that my problem was that I had all of the guys grouped together in the same group, and it seemed like they were not getting XP as fast as without the fellowship.
So maybe my fellowship was just not doing anything :D, and I was delaying getting my XP by 15 minutes.

Somewhere someone mentioned a "Fellowship Bonus" and I thought that I would get more XP total.

@SA_krycek I see, I think that my problem was that I had all of the guys grouped together in the same group, and it seemed like they were not getting XP as fast as without the fellowship.
So maybe my fellowship was just not doing anything :D, and I was delaying getting my XP by 15 minutes.

Somewhere someone mentioned a "Fellowship Bonus" and I thought that I would get more XP total.
If they're all grouped, then they should be progressing normally. If you have more than the 6 grouped toons in the fellowship, then the offline toons will be siphoning xp off the group.

If they're all grouped, then they should be progressing normally. If you have more than the 6 grouped toons in the fellowship, then the offline toons will be siphoning xp off the group.

They also don’t share vitality while grouped with other fellowship members, BUT, any out of group fellowship members (with sharing turned on) will receive vitality.

Best case scenario is you share exp from maxed toons... then all the exp goes to the PLee.

in general, you need to be logged off to get the vitality. It also needed time to update, so don't log your guys out right after a mission. Give it a bit. to get level vitality it seems you can't be at a level cap. if you have next exemption and 115 is open to a toon they can share there vitality. Again to really use you need to have on and you need some one logged out with it on. otherwise you probably waisting it." Fellowship exp comes from shared exp. While in a fellowship members can share some of their exp with you while you are logged off. It is vitality and it shows up as a green bar. It is applied at a rata rate of up to 5 times for normal exp and 3 three times for aa exp "

I was always under the impression you had to be logged in to recieve the vitality, but not receiving exp at the time (as in AFK in the guild hall or housing).
The toons receiving exp will have their accumulated vitality being Used to apply bonus exp per kill and (since sharing) will be losing exp per kill as well (because a small portion of the exp is being supplied to the vitality of Other members not receiving exp.
The capped members would be supplying vitality to all since they cannot receive any more.
If you are trying cap level (with the latest expansion release) sharing is not really beneficial, since it taps the exp being received to build vitality for others.
To maximize the benefit six capped toons sharing and providing vitality to another member that is receiving exp at a different time (leaching vitality while afk) or receiving vitality and exp either in a different group or zone.

If you are trying cap level (with the latest expansion release) sharing is not really beneficial, since it taps the exp being received to build vitality for others.
To maximize the benefit six capped toons sharing and providing vitality to another member that is receiving exp at a different time (leaching vitality while afk) or receiving vitality and exp either in a different group or zone.
Yeah, I was trying to get my main 6 box team to leech vitality from a slightly lower "B" team prior to the expansion opening. The main group was already max level 110+99.999% and max AA and they would be offline for the 2 weeks leading up to ToV release. The "B" team would be running semi-attended (sometimes not) in some deserted zone that no one ever goes to anymore.

I was able to get 3 characters in the main group to gain vitality, but 3 others never got anything. The 3 that did not gain anything were reported as "capped" in the fellowship window, however /echo ${Me.Vitality} returned 0 points of vitality available. That's why I believe they were bugged. How can you be capped but have 0 available?

But then ToV went and put all the xp in the unlocking of achievements and traditional killing at a camp is agonizingly slow, so vitality doesn't much matter.

Don't recall where, but something about eating a death . . .
If capped out already, die, get rezzed, but basicly remove a bit of exp and toggle sharing so that instead of being "capped" they are sharing again

Can any confirm this is actually the case as I tend to get way more aa vitality even if on 100% level xp?

I get this too, feeders are capped and 100% normal, but fed toons have the aa vitality fill up quicker than normal vitality.

If a toon being fed starts not to receive and gets bugged I suicide, get rez and it starts working again.

Never had an issue with vitality. 12 members in my fellowship, 6 getting exp in grp sharing and the other six bars move up. Work with regular exp as well as aa's
depending on my percent to aa
exp is set too. Also add as stated above if one of my toons are out of zone but in exp group vitality bar increases.

I seem to get the same distribution whatever my percent to aa is set to. I have 3 capped toons feeding in another group and different zone and the 1 receiving always ends up with less kills with vitality where regular xp is available than he does for aa xp. It seems to be the same amount every time regardless of the percent of xp I have to aa. It's still good, I just wish I could at least get the same amount of regular xp kills as I do for aa xp.

Question - Fellowship Vitality Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back