• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Feign Death Issues (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
I've noticed every character that uses Feign Death to survive doesn't unfeign themselves afterwards.
This seems to happen with my Necros, Shadow Knights, Beastlords, and any other class with the feign capabilities. For the last hour, my groups Necro has feigned and not gotten up because he was almost killed. The group is doing fine and still killing, but ever since the necro feigned he never came back up, and isn't contributing to the group, so I have to stand him up myself before he continues playing again.

The feign is great, that the macro protects itself by feigning, however it does disable the character completely afterwards.
It could save you from death, but it's also completely bricking the character and requiring player intervention to get it back up and working, any suggestions on how to handle this issue?

Thanks

Afaik they should stand up after 10 seconds, unless you have your setting set to a certain health %.

•Syntax : Your FD AA/Disc/Spell|mob health|Feign - Example below would try to use Improved Death Peace when mob health is at 70%. Then stand back up in 10s

Rich (BB code):
Code:
DPS2=Improved Death Peace|70|Feign

Dunno if this works in the healing section, but I'd make sure the |Feign is added.

Hope it works out mate =)

Hmm, that's odd, because I don't have feign in my character .ini at all, it's automatic. It's likely picking up the AA, just like on my Beast Lord, it started automatically using the AA to feign when dieing, and doesn't get back up - Since this is a built in capability to feign by KISS ASSIST or MQ2, it should likely require a fix on that side? unless we can modify a file a repair it ourselves, but should be a future fix in kiss assist if it turns out to be a bug

Maskoi, Using the latest mq2 source (19 march) you can make this change (either way you need to add BST to the list):
ln 864:
Rich (BB code):
                    } else /if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},MNK,NEC,SHD]} && ${DPSText.Arg[3,|].Find[Feign]}) {
                        /delay 30 ${Me.State.Equal[FEIGN]}
                        /varset FDTimer${i} 60s
                        /delay 10s ${Me.State.NotEqual[FEIGN]}
                        /if (${Me.State.Equal[FEIGN]} && !${Me.Sitting}) /stand

to:

Rich (BB code):
                    } else /if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},MNK,NEC,SHD,BST]} && ${Spell[${DPSText.Arg[1,|]}].Attrib[1]}==74) {
                        /delay 30 ${Me.State.Equal[FEIGN]}
                        /varset FDTimer${i} 60s
                        /delay 10s ${Me.State.NotEqual[FEIGN]}
                        /if (${Me.State.Equal[FEIGN]} && !${Me.Sitting}) /stand

Attrib 74 is for feign death and removes the need for the |feign entirely so it is one less thing for people to mess up... and really, isn't that a macro writer's goal =P

That tag is really for classes that can steal aggro and basically have fd at will. why beastys were not included with playing possum because the AA timer.

The new mq2 tlos are new to most of us and will have to go through my testers but anything that contributes to Keep It Simple simple is in.

normal possum is 30 sec recast, hastened in 20 btw. shorter recast than imitate death and deaths effigy =D if you have any questions about the new TLO members, let me know, as i added them and have been using them for over a year now in most cases.

Question - Feign Death Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back