• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Favorite group comp using all CWTN (1 Viewer)

Iā€™ve recently started a new group. And I went with a different tank this time (Iā€™m a long time SK, even before MQ). This group is pal/shm/enc/rng/mag/bst. So far weā€™ve made it though 86 and are working the HoT quests for augs. Iā€™ve had a bard in my groups for the last couple years but I just didnā€™t want to mess with updating KA inis as I leveled, so replaced her with enchanter.

So far Iā€™ve been unable to train myself to death (and Iā€™m super good at over pulling), the enchanter crowd control is just so strong. Iā€™ve also been impressed with the dps of the group, both in and out of burns. I know Iā€™m leaving a lot of dps on the table with mostly melee toons and no bard, but this group has done just as well as any of the former ones with an SK tank and a bard.
Itā€™s been a huge help having a tank that can Rez. With my SK groups I find myself finishing up missions or whatnot with a dead healer cause I had no way to Rez them outside of burning loyalty tokens.

Iā€™ve recently started a new group. And I went with a different tank this time (Iā€™m a long time SK, even before MQ). This group is pal/shm/enc/rng/mag/bst. So far weā€™ve made it though 86 and are working the HoT quests for augs. Iā€™ve had a bard in my groups for the last couple years but I just didnā€™t want to mess with updating KA inis as I leveled, so replaced her with enchanter.

So far Iā€™ve been unable to train myself to death (and Iā€™m super good at over pulling), the enchanter crowd control is just so strong. Iā€™ve also been impressed with the dps of the group, both in and out of burns. I know Iā€™m leaving a lot of dps on the table with mostly melee toons and no bard, but this group has done just as well as any of the former ones with an SK tank and a bard.
Itā€™s been a huge help having a tank that can Rez. With my SK groups I find myself finishing up missions or whatnot with a dead healer cause I had no way to Rez them outside of burning loyalty tokens.
How is the ranger performance? I've been wanting to try a comp with a ranger.

I love my ranger. They do solid dps and they have some fairly good burn adps for the rest of the group. Mana can sometimes be an issue, especially at the mid level range. They donā€™t do as much dps as rogues, but I like the ability to be able to switch from ranged to melee depending on the situation and not really see a lot of difference in his performance. In my 125 LS group, heā€™s consistently right behind the rogue as number 2 on my team (if you donā€™t count the SK burning HT).

I run the same setup in my main crew. I will often sub in a druid for the ranger. This group setup feels just about impossible to wipe. Passive heals, active heals, lock down CC, chromatic haze = yuge caster burns, bst adps, pets pets pets, dots, Evac, and 3 rezzers. I may be dumb, but there doesn't feel like a loss of dps to me either?

I run the same setup in my main crew. I will often sub in a druid for the ranger. This group setup feels just about impossible to wipe. Passive heals, active heals, lock down CC, chromatic haze = yuge caster burns, bst adps, pets pets pets, dots, Evac, and 3 rezzers. I may be dumb, but there doesn't feel like a loss of dps to me either?
Def going to try out it out with a druid for the early evac/ports. I'll just boost a ranger to sub druid at later levels. Thanks for advice.

I forgot to add the druid in dps mode eats mana. Enchanter + Beastlord will keep regen at a reasonable level. Ench alone or bard alone will require more frequent med breaks as they don't quite have enough juice as a single source. When the druid is crushing longer fights as top DPS, I cackle like a dry bones skeleton.

Last edited:
IRL - Favorite group comp using all CWTN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back