• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - F2P Mercs - broken for 'bronze' f2p accounts (silver and paid 'gold' are ok) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,616¢
Hello RedGuides

The May 18th 2022 patch has broken all f2p mercs for those at bronze level ( never paid, never krono'd the account).

The patch saw some changes to mercs, in which DBG removed the ranks 1 thru 5 inclusive and slimmed it down to just - apprentice or journeyman.
Most players as gold paid subs, will have used J5 before. Similar those with silver accounts an A5. The rebrand of mercs is at those same levels so no-one has lost out.

The F2P, as bronze were limited to A2 mercs, and so getting a leg up in this simplification to be on the same footing as their silver f2p brothers and sisters in arms.

But no, this hasn't worked as planned.

If you already have a merc, you can't unsuspend it.
"You can't unsuspend the selected mercenary because you do not meet the required membership for it"

Bug is already confirmed on DBG forums here: "Mercs for non-membership accounts"

I'll copy paste some info from the forum post here for refence.

(includes screen shot of trying to hire a new merc)
1652944923996.png

The DBG Dev response confirming the bug.

1652945017604.png

At the time of writing, they say they know what to fix but don't know when it can go in.
As its going to impact a fair number of players of many levels I suspect a hot fix is on the cards for coming days.

Perhaps waiting to see if more bugs are reported and roll-up quick fixes into one, rather than wait until next months maintenance.

Regards and Best Wishes

News Update - Friday, May 20th 2022

This bug appears to have been fixed!
😁
(no update on the forum thread, noticed the fix by accident!)

I logged in some f2p bronze toons i've been levelling with the intent to do housekeep of spells and kissassist profiles.
Surprisingly, noticed they had mercs up! Something they didn't after the patch, and the reason for my initial posting.

Note: you do not need to rehire a merc. Your old rank 2 is automagically upgraded to the new apprentice (former rank 5) level.
(Keep in mind with these enhanced abilities of the A5 over A2 merc also comes the enhanced 15 minute charging.)

As an aside, after the patch I'd failed to unsuspend a merc as it reported about the lack of membership. At the time I thought a work around would be to dismiss and hire again. As you can see from the earlier post the quote from forums highlights the hiring process of apprentice mercs as 'red' (unavailable) to f2p bronze characters. I learned that the hard way in game.

Well today, that same character was able to hire a merc.

Back to business as usual for those impacted by this.

Regards and Best Wishes

It was posted, just buried in amongst other complaints about the cost of mercs. There was even a hot fix that happened that no one noticed lol

Accendo, Yesterday at 3:55 PM
This should now be fixed in game. If you're a F2P player and can't hire a merc, please let me know with as much detail as possible.

News - F2P Mercs - broken for 'bronze' f2p accounts (silver and paid 'gold' are ok)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back