• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Exping 115-120? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
162¢
Hey I am sure this question gets asked often.
I returned to the game recently and currently run:War/Shm/Bst/2x mage/Enchanter
I am looking for info on what is the best way to exp currently sitting at 117 and it’s like I hit a huge road block. Not happy with how slow it’s moving. Most have pushed me toward quests. Is there any macro or plug-in that automates any Quests? Can’t sit at the computer all day basically..

it does.

before you try and run to 120, if you are just bare-bones autogrant or otherwise don't have like 75-80% of your AA for 115-117ish, I would stop and do that before going to 120 and then wondering why your dudes fold over like they're wearing wet newspapers and use condoms for armor (and they probably are also too =p).

AAs, especially focus AAs arent things that can be skipped - they're "part and parcel" of the "doing the content that my character is equipped to handle" - along with augs, and gear, and spells, and team composition.

far too many folks wonder why their dps DROPS when they b-line to 120 because they dont realize things like Focus AAs aren't purely linear - they have "tiers" that you must meet before you get ***ANY*** benefit to them. so without being able to have baseline AA for them, you actually can have a loss in value for getting a new spell.

AFK play is not supported here, so unfortunately, folks are going to tell you "tough, you do need to be at the computer" --- but things like mq2grind help automate mission flipping for xp so you don't have to be paying *full* attention the whole time - many work and grind, for example

it does.

before you try and run to 120, if you are just bare-bones autogrant or otherwise don't have like 75-80% of your AA for 115-117ish, I would stop and do that before going to 120 and then wondering why your dudes fold over like they're wearing wet newspapers and use condoms for armor (and they probably are also too =p).

AAs, especially focus AAs arent things that can be skipped - they're "part and parcel" of the "doing the content that my character is equipped to handle" - along with augs, and gear, and spells, and team composition.

far too many folks wonder why their dps DROPS when they b-line to 120 because they dont realize things like Focus AAs aren't purely linear - they have "tiers" that you must meet before you get ***ANY*** benefit to them. so without being able to have baseline AA for them, you actually can have a loss in value for getting a new spell.

AFK play is not supported here, so unfortunately, folks are going to tell you "tough, you do need to be at the computer" --- but things like mq2grind help automate mission flipping for xp so you don't have to be paying *full* attention the whole time - many work and grind, for example
Sic thanks for the info. All my chars were maxed out at 115 and AA’s with AA’s saved. My war/shm/enchanter/ and 1 mage are all T3 from Tov. So basically your saying missions and task will be my best friend to accomplish the exp hump.

100%, get AAs mostly up to date. Otherwise will be a slow, painful and death filled slog. KV and UP in ToL are good for med difficulty, decent XP mobs, as is FF (NoS). once you get to 118.7 (?), can do the 4 missions in ToL to get you to 120.2, if you havent already done.

MQ2grind is excellent for flipping missions as pointed out, you take a slight xp loss, but hey, the zone is all yours. As pointed out, i wouldnt afk, but i can run 5+ groups, with minimal work, just tabbing through the drivers every few minutes.

Sic thanks for the info. All my chars were maxed out at 115 and AA’s with AA’s saved. My war/shm/enchanter/ and 1 mage are all T3 from Tov. So basically your saying missions and task will be my best friend to accomplish the exp hump.
if i were in your shoes, and it was your primary group you want to play - I would "grind/flip" during time you can't be fully hands-on, and then work merc/partisan -> missions -> hunter during your full-focus time

Hey I am sure this question gets asked often.
I returned to the game recently and currently run:War/Shm/Bst/2x mage/Enchanter
I am looking for info on what is the best way to exp currently sitting at 117 and it’s like I hit a huge road block. Not happy with how slow it’s moving. Most have pushed me toward quests. Is there any macro or plug-in that automates any Quests? Can’t sit at the computer all day basically..
If you haven't completed all of your Paragon tasks, ToV and ToL provide some nice exp bumps to get you through hell levels. We generally do ToV at 113.75 and ToL at 118.

Question - Exping 115-120?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back