• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Experience Mismatch - Should I be concerned? (1 Viewer)

Gekko

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
4,554¢
Hi all,

Just looking for a few opinions and some feedback.

Because of a few wipes/semi-wipes early on, my SK tank and cleric lag behind the rest of the group in the experience department. The cleric is not really my concern at the moment but I am concerned about the SK tank. The reason for my concern is that I have been cycling through Gribble's three HA's and more often than not, the mission level increases ahead of the tank, meaning he faces yellow and a few more white con mobs for a cycle or two until he dings up. I am thinking he should be OK as long as I make sure the enchanter can handle any single mez or AE mez for the current mission level.

Any thoughts? Am I just over thinking the game? Should I grab Gribble's mission and then remove the toons that are ahead?

Be well. Happy Theory Crafting.

I'm jumping on board with just setting the others all to 100% aa for a mission or two to get the SK caught up.

My SK started tanking Gribbles in dated gear and 3 levels behind my brother's ranger when it was current expansion and never had much trouble, so.. take that information as you will. Honestly, 1 level off was never an issue in Gribbles for any of the crews I was in, but the fix is so easy I would just go ahead and do it, anyway.

The funny thing is I tried doing the 100% AA the other day and one of the characters in the lead ding'ed. I made share fellowship share was also off. Is there something about HA's that you will always get regular EXP?

I was a bit curious as to the thoughts from the community, so that is why I put this question out there for discussion.. I would seriously doubt that there are any groups that have always leveled in unison. I was just hoping the SK tank would lead the pack and not the Enchanter or Mage. I never thought about essence emeralds. I will have to think that one over, but I don't have a level 51 Necro.

Be well. Happy gaming.

you should definitely not worry about this, i believe the level max for that expansion was 100? so once you hit that well that is the max spawn for gribbles, and eventually your shd is gonna start making more exp because of early aggro bonus and what not, so dont worry about it, just get them levels

you should definitely not worry about this, i believe the level max for that expansion was 100? so once you hit that well that is the max spawn for gribbles, and eventually your shd is gonna start making more exp because of early aggro bonus and what not, so dont worry about it, just get them levels
I don't think this is correct. They tried to make all HAs scale a while back and AFAIK it's been bugged ever since to keep scaling out of hand (to the point I think it's nearly impossible for high level groups to handle) and they don't seem to have any intention to fix it as they want to pull people away from them.

maybe they fixed it and I forgot or missed it then, but I definitely remember people posting logs on the official forums of mobs doing nukes and aes with damage that was higher than anything possible in an expansion lol

While I was leveling up I had 3 buttons for Boxhud. 10, 30, 50. Each one represented a % to go to AA. 10%, 30%, 50% and it allowed me to push them on the fly to manage leveling at the same time. Was a godsend because I displayed current exp % and when a toon was starting to get out of hand, hit the button and let others catch up, etc. Ensured my toons ding within a mob or two.

The funny thing is I tried doing the 100% AA the other day and one of the characters in the lead ding'ed. I made share fellowship share was also off. Is there something about HA's that you will always get regular EXP?

I was a bit curious as to the thoughts from the community, so that is why I put this question out there for discussion.. I would seriously doubt that there are any groups that have always leveled in unison. I was just hoping the SK tank would lead the pack and not the Enchanter or Mage. I never thought about essence emeralds. I will have to think that one over, but I don't have a level 51 Necro.

Be well. Happy gaming.
Are they FTP accounts? if so you may have been at max AA already and then the xp will just go to regular xp whether you want to or not.

Hi all,

Just looking for a few opinions and some feedback.

Because of a few wipes/semi-wipes early on, my SK tank and cleric lag behind the rest of the group in the experience department. The cleric is not really my concern at the moment but I am concerned about the SK tank. The reason for my concern is that I have been cycling through Gribble's three HA's and more often than not, the mission level increases ahead of the tank, meaning he faces yellow and a few more white con mobs for a cycle or two until he dings up. I am thinking he should be OK as long as I make sure the enchanter can handle any single mez or AE mez for the current mission level.

Any thoughts? Am I just over thinking the game? Should I grab Gribble's mission and then remove the toons that are ahead?

Be well. Happy Theory Crafting.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Should even out at you near and go past 105ish...it'll get slow across the board

maybe they fixed it and I forgot or missed it then, but I definitely remember people posting logs on the official forums of mobs doing nukes and aes with damage that was higher than anything possible in an expansion lol
I saw this as well but the only scaling issues I encountered going through CotF and TBM about a year ago was named mobs have abilities that didn't scale down. I particularly remember a TBM named that would instantly drain the entire groups mana pool.

With respect to the OP's question I agree with Kaen, for Gribbles it won't be an issue.

Just keep at it. Remember your defensive skills for pulls of 4 so he doesn't splat before ENC gets everything under control. Some of those HAs have undead mobs so if you're pulling with the SHD, you can lull them with the calm undead AA (Rest the Dead, maybe on the white cons) or you can use the CLR or ENC to single pull with lull if your multi-pulls are wiping the group.

Just keep at it. Remember your defensive skills for pulls of 4 so he doesn't splat before ENC gets everything under control. Some of those HAs have undead mobs so if you're pulling with the SHD, you can lull them with the calm undead AA (Rest the Dead, maybe on the white cons) or you can use the CLR or ENC to single pull with lull if your multi-pulls are wiping the group.

Spaceman, thanks. I forgot about the AA. I just kept seeing the level 45 spell in my book and was saying to myself "that's useless." I have now hot keyed the AA. I feel like such a n00b.

Lately, I have been lucky. Sometimes when I am not able to play I will park the group in the guild lobby and have been getting some nice friendly MGB's. I think one night when I came home I had HP of ~69k at level 85. Needless to say I cycled through all three Gribble's in like 90 minutes or so. Makes me wonder art what point in the expansions is HP > AC. I know both are important but if I had to choose A over B item where the difference was AC vs HP, which way should I lean. I saw at raidloot,com you can sort by a formula which includes Dex, AC, and HP.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Spaceman, thanks. I forgot about the AA. I just kept seeing the level 45 spell in my book and was saying to myself "that's useless." I have now hot keyed the AA. I feel like such a n00b.

Lately, I have been lucky. Sometimes when I am not able to play I will park the group in the guild lobby and have been getting some nice friendly MGB's. I think one night when I came home I had HP of ~69k at level 85. Needless to say I cycled through all three Gribble's in like 90 minutes or so. Makes me wonder art what point in the expansions is HP > AC. I know both are important but if I had to choose A over B item where the difference was AC vs HP, which way should I lean. I saw at raidloot,com you can sort by a formula which includes Dex, AC, and HP.

Be well. Happy gaming.
AC vs HP isn't really anything to worry about early on. Keep going until you hit a wall then try to get a bit of gear until you can keep going. Most of the choices for stats come from Augs and typically the high AC augs have high HP. Until I hit 110 I used the augs I found along the way and waited to start really trying to optimize slots.

Question - Experience Mismatch - Should I be concerned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back