• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Exp bonuses? (1 Viewer)

Bone

RedCents
123¢
New accounts don’t get lesson so what are the best methods for exp bonuses for new heroic characters?

New accounts don’t get lesson so what are the best methods for exp bonuses for new heroic characters?
My best xp comes from using 2 groups with fellowship --- you have all the toons "sharing" xp, and it pushes vitality to the toons not in your current group. so I have a group doing normal stuff, which is feeding vitality to my PL group

My best xp comes from using 2 groups with fellowship --- you have all the toons "sharing" xp, and it pushes vitality to the toons not in your current group. so I have a group doing normal stuff, which is feeding vitality to my PL group

barring this. there are usually claimed xp pots you can use on all toons

through gift of legacies lost and dbg claim/buy (dont forget your complimentary bottle!)

Vitality? I am a old school player who took long breaks what do you mean by vitality? And I’m only going to box 5 or 6 total

EQ added a system of Fellowships with the idea being to let groups of friends with different amounts of playtime to all level together. So you can have up to 12 people in a Fellowship (start one in Pok, use find and then also grab the Fellowship Insignia in the same room via chat with fellowship guys.)

Vitality is the exp sharing part of Fellowships. Members can share exp gains with other members and it's transfered as vitality every 15 minutes. Vitality gives you an additional stacking bonus to any exp that member is receiving from kills. It's 300% bonus if they're working on AA or 500% bonus if it's going to regular level exp.

Fanra has a good explanation on their wiki (linked by Sic above.) The most important thing is you can only share with members who are offline or not in your current exp group and it has the same exp sharing level restrictions as grouping. So until you're running two groups it's not super useful for xp. If you're PL'n a few different toons for fun, you could have them all the exp group's fellowship and kind of rotate them in-group/offline, but that's kind of a lot of work.

If you've got two groups, you can do a "Dretski" fellowship where 5 toons + 1 PL toon are in each group. The 5 members of each group are cross-feeding vitality to the PL toon in the other group, so those PL toons level super fast.

If you've got three groups, you can do a "william12" where a full group of 6 (in fellowship) + group of 5 (in fellowship) + the PL group of 6 (5 toons not in fellowship + the PL toon in fellowship) and you PL the single toon insanely fast.

Last edited:
If not doing the 2 group fellowship thing, Go to the DB store, (click the DB icon), and purchase 10-20 exp pots. Take your lvl 85-110 to Frontier Mountains. I find the drogans to be the fastest exp with decent respawn timers. Dont afk there though. Through casual play (3-5 hr sessions) you can grind an 85 to 110 in about 4 days there. I recommend constantly checking your map while here and going out to say hi to anyone that gets near as this is a vigilante's paradise it seems like.

If you've got two groups, you can do a "Dretski" fellowship where 5 toons + 1 PL toon are in each group. The 5 members of each group are cross-feeding vitality to the PL toon in the other group, so those PL toons level super fast.

If you've got three groups, you can do a "william12" where a full group of 6 (in fellowship) + group of 5 (in fellowship) + the PL group of 6 (5 toons not in fellowship + the PL toon in fellowsup) and you PL the single toon insanely fast.

That's the clearest explanation ever. Thanks!

Don't forget the baz. Lots of people get potion packs in monthly claims and re sell them.

Also at level 85 you would get mega exp at the end of HA's given by Clayton Teek and even the kill 5 daily's given by Franklin. I think FM is going to be too high unless you have some higher guys carrying you.

EQ added a system of Fellowships with the idea being to let groups of friends with different amounts of playtime to all level together. So you can have up to 12 people in a Fellowship (start one in Pok, use find and then also grab the Fellowship Insignia in the same room via chat with fellowship guys.)

Vitality is the exp sharing part of Fellowships. Members can share exp gains with other members and it's transfered as vitality every 15 minutes. Vitality gives you an additional stacking bonus to any exp that member is receiving from kills. It's 300% bonus if they're working on AA or 500% bonus if it's going to regular level exp.

Fanra has a good explanation on their wiki (linked by Sic above.) The most important thing is you can only share with members who are offline or not in your current exp group and it has the same exp sharing level restrictions as grouping. So until you're running two groups it's not super useful for xp. If you're PL'n a few different toons for fun, you could have them all the exp group's fellowship and kind of rotate them in-group/offline, but that's kind of a lot of work.

If you've got three groups, you can do a "william12" where a full group of 6 (in fellowship) + group of 5 (in fellowship) + the PL group of 6 (5 toons not in fellowship + the PL toon in fellowsup) and you PL the single toon insanely fast.

lol, I've never heard it called the "Dretski" fellowship or "William12" fellowship method. That's pretty awesome!

Side note... Back during EoK I PL'd a second group just to do the Dretski method. It works very well. I presume the William12 method works even faster.

Only issue with PL'ing tons of toons is GEARING tons of toons :)

lol, I've never heard it called the "Dretski" fellowship or "William12" fellowship method. That's pretty awesome!

Side note... Back during EoK I PL'd a second group just to do the Dretski method. It works very well. I presume the William12 method works even faster.

Only issue with PL'ing tons of toons is GEARING tons of toons :)
Defiant to 85. If you plan to do progression you can get free gear doing tbm when defiant gets old and currency is tradeable. The currency from DH HA can be used to purchase latent ether gear which is tradeable at 100. The augs and weapons you'll have to earn currency for. Then at 105 EOK drops. Leveling will take a bit longer but you get progression and gear at the same time. Hunter achievements give nice bags. It's how I like to bring up toons. EOK progression gives that nice mount as well for stat increases.

That's the Golden Frontier Rhinoceros Saddle.

d0a11d0834a1d7f9d525a554d0679b43.jpg

292d1a84d763eeeff35033ac35b39b53.jpg

Discussion - Exp bonuses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back