• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Evolving Cloak from Mission: When One Door Closes. (1 Viewer)

collects are not needed
OP posted "6th cloak" but it was just an Aged version of the previous cloak. The Aged versions of each cloaks are just the evolved versions of the next tier. My crew has the Aged Eclipsed cloaks all except my main had it before they finished their collects.
1= Chest (loot from One Door Closes mission in Ruins of Shadow Haven)
2 = Champion (finish all Mercenary and Partisian quests in the expansion)
3 = Paragon (Beat all group Missions for Hero's in the expansion)
4 = Challenger (Earn all Group Missions Achievements in the expansion)
5 = Nightslayer (Kill all Hunter Nameds in the expansion)
6 = Something to do with Raid, unknown yet, probably hasn't been unlocked to this date.

I posted this back in December or January somewhere.

1 - Shadow Haven mission drop - Lucent Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x1)
2 - Champion - Vivid Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x1)
3 - Paragon - Dulled Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x2)
4 - Challenger - Obscured Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x2, 19 x1)
5 - Hunter - Eclipsed Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x2, 19 x1)
6 - Raid completion - Nebulous Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x1, 19 x2)
7 - Raid achievements - Benighted Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x1, 19 x2)

I posted this back in December or January somewhere.

1 - Shadow Haven mission drop - Lucent Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x1)
2 - Champion - Vivid Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x1)
3 - Paragon - Dulled Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x2)
4 - Challenger - Obscured Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x2, 19 x1)
5 - Hunter - Eclipsed Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x2, 19 x1)
6 - Raid completion - Nebulous Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x1, 19 x2)
7 - Raid achievements - Benighted Cloak of the Selenelion (18 x1, 19 x2)
Well that sucks. I was told Raid completion for 6 and collects for 7 which didn't make sense to me. I was hoping Raid Achieves weren't going to be there since you get an aug for that. That is hard for vast majority to get.

Well that sucks. I was told Raid completion for 6 and collects for 7 which didn't make sense to me. I was hoping Raid Achieves weren't going to be there since you get an aug for that. That is hard for vast majority to get.
Always a raid tier or two. And why are you using your toonname??

Always a raid tier or two. And why are you using your toonname??
It's what I originally thought until someone told me otherwise. No one would know if you don't say shhhh....
(honestly I just simply don't care enough. If I got banned it would save me so much money each month, I'm not afraid of that smoke)

kill faster~ lol its based on mob # it seems =-(

From what I understand, it's a flat number of item exp based on 1) the level difference between you and the mob, and 2) the number of players in a group. The item exp gets split evenly between multiple group members (Mercs included). So theoretically, the fastest method to level the cloak would be the highest level mobs you can kill solo the fastest.

By the way, the Aged version is only 100 more HME vs the non-aged, so there's no rush to age it really, unless you have the raid completion achieve done already.

From what I understand, it's a flat number of item exp based on 1) the level difference between you and the mob, and 2) the number of players in a group. The item exp gets split evenly between multiple group members (Mercs included). So theoretically, the fastest method to level the cloak would be the highest level mobs you can kill solo the fastest.

By the way, the Aged version is only 100 more HME vs the non-aged, so there's no rush to age it really, unless you have the raid completion achieve done already.
It's the con of the mob not necessarily the level difference. Killing "weak" mobs is the fastest way. Last years anniversary had an entire zone of blue con weak mobs that as far as I have seen is the fastest way to xp evolving items at level 120.

Edit: my bad, the anniversary quest is only good for older evolving items, not the Cloak

Last edited:
I'm told the best move are the gimp shrooms floating around, solo, but I just go about my business and it XPs bout the same without dedicating time JUST to it

Sell-a-NELL-ion (or Sell-a-NEEL-ion is also acceptable). A short second vowel syllable. Rhymes with Hellion.

Its a greek word, means 'a lunar eclipse that occurs as the sun is rising'.
That may all be completely true and factual and not at all disputable.

But if people can insist on calling it "Looslin" then I can say it "SEY-leen-lee-ohn"

I'm told the best move are the gimp shrooms floating around, solo, but I just go about my business and it XPs bout the same without dedicating time JUST to it
It's def more fun to just get xp while doing other stuff with friends/guildmates, etc. But if you find yourself with nothing going on and 5% from the next evolution, get to stomping them shrooms! (the beetles and small dinosaurs in firefall also work).

It's the con of the mob not necessarily the level difference. Killing "weak" mobs is the fastest way. Last years anniversary had an entire zone of blue con weak mobs that as far as I have seen is the fastest way to xp evolving items at level 120.
Just tested this out in Beyond Espoir (23rd anni mission). Killed 210 mobs in 30 minutes with a full group, where honestly 2 or 3 people can kill just as effectively as the mobs die so fast most of the group doesn't even engage. Mobs also respawn in this instance so you will never run out.

Edit: Ignore this, posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited:
Just tested this out in Beyond Espoir (23rd anni mission). Killed 210 mobs in 30 minutes with a full group, where honestly 2 or 3 people can kill just as effectively as the mobs die so fast most of the group doesn't even engage. Mobs also respawn in this instance so you will never run out.
And the results?

And the results?
That was the results. Not posting %'s gained as that has many variables, for instance what evolving item it is, what level the evolve is at, how many people are in group, I have even heard if you have multiple evolves equipped that need xp it gets split further (haven't tested this).

The point I was trying to make is you can easily hit 400+kph of blue cons in that instance which from what I have seen is the fastest way to evolve any evolving item at level 120. If there is a better way I would love to hear about it.

Edit: Ignore this, I posted in the wrong thread...

Last edited:
That was the results. Not posting %'s gained as that has many variables, for instance what evolving item it is, what level the evolve is at, how many people are in group, I have even heard if you have multiple evolves equipped that need xp it gets split further (haven't tested this).

The point I was trying to make is you can easily hit 400+kph of blue cons in that instance which from what I have seen is the fastest way to evolve any evolving item at level 120. If there is a better way I would love to hear about it.
Sorry, but that was non-information. You didn't even say if the cloak evolved at all. You don't need to cover all the variables, just give data for yours. Could just say 'killed in Beyond Espoir and my cloak gained XP'.

Sorry, but that was non-information. You didn't even say if the cloak evolved at all. You don't need to cover all the variables, just give data for yours. Could just say 'killed in Beyond Espoir and my cloak gained XP'.
Ugh, my apologies. I was looking at multiple threads and meant to post this on another evolve thread not specific to the cloak. The cloak needs to be in NoS zones so everything I posted in this thread isn't relevant to the cloak and by extension this thread....

Beyond Espoir is good for evolving TBL chase and ToV earring, it won't do anything on the NoS cloak.

I edited my other posts to avoid future confusion.

backing up homer simpson GIF

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Ugh, my apologies. I was looking at multiple threads and meant to post this on another evolve thread not specific to the cloak. The cloak needs to be in NoS zones so everything I posted in this thread isn't relevant to the cloak and by extension this thread....

Beyond Espoir is good for evolving TBL chase and ToV earring, it won't do anything on the NoS cloak.

I edited my other posts to avoid future confusion.
It's all good. I think I posted about the anniversary mission being an insanely fast way to evolve the ToV ear last year. Was honestly surprised to see a post saying it worked for the NoS cloak too, seeing as I am 1 challenge aways from leveling it and needing to XP it again. Bummer can't use the 23rd mission. Would have been nice.

Bans - Evolving Cloak from Mission: When One Door Closes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back