• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - EverQuest May 2023 Patch (Test 5/9/23 - Live 5/17/23) ((UI issue discussion too) (2 Viewers)

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again"
Looks like this feature made it to live this time. what a cluster sheesh. "hey everybody we're gonna make a shiny new UI! see? it's even on our roadmap! ok guys here it is! oops we're crashing everyone's games because we forgot the DLLs that make the dang thing work" 🤦‍♂️

Need .net 5 for the converter to run
This makes no sense. .Net 5 is already out of support. They should've stuck with the version everyone would already have on the target systems (Framework 4.x) or rolled out with the latest (.Net 7).

@Jabberie

New client pushed out as of 1:00 PM PT 5/19. Build is broken.
yes.

if you patch eq you will need to wait for new MQ build​

Damn you respond fast.
No @Ordell I GIF you fast! Now hurry up and wait

Bored Cabin Fever GIF
Sad Happy Hour GIF

Oddly enough, they left the two EQUI files in the default UI folder.. so if you create your own UI folder (with no spaces) in the everquest/uifiles path, and load that... you load the old default UI.

once you do that, just /loadsk in game, select your new UI and boom, old default UI without their new trash is back.

View attachment 48579
only thing missing is the other two files i had to put in besides these 2 but ty i did manage to fix it

Hey all,

So since the last patch, I am having a ton of unresponsiveness/freezing of my PC when I'm playing. It seems to happen when I zone my group or if I have a wipe or anything. The PC will just stop responding and I have to restart everything and load it all up again.

This was never an issue prior to the last patch, did something change? Is there any way to revert it back to how it was before?

Thank you.

Are they aware of it? Anything I can do to revert it? It is making things soooo difficult, lol.
Yes they are. There are several posts about it so far. Gonna try and merge them all. Please try and check before posting repeats

Yes they are. There are several posts about it so far. Gonna try and merge them all. Please try and check before posting repeats
Thanks, I saw the one about the crashing, I just wasn't getting any errors just a comp freeze so I wasn't sure it was the same issue.

More than likely related to the EQ UI changes and other backend things. i dunno. it's too technical for me, but I wanted to reply.

Patch - EverQuest May 2023 Patch (Test 5/9/23 - Live 5/17/23) ((UI issue discussion too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back