• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Everquest 2 or World of Warcraft? (1 Viewer)

For a next-gen MMORPG, which do you prefer?

• World of Warcraft

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Everquest 2

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I'm here for the study guides.. wtf are you talking about?

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,102¢
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll still play the original Everquest, it's kind of hard to leave a level 70/1k AA character even if I did macro all that XP, but I have to admit World of Warcraft is a blast. I'm a PvP guy, so I'm not even touching Everquest2, but know a lot of people who love it.

How about you guys?

I was wondering, i knwo this may seem offtopic in this thread but is it possible to just get the cheat guides for 5.95?

Last I checked it was $5, if you don't want the forum access I can remove that :P

Is that what you were asking?

Last edited:
I promise you we'll get MQ2 working on your computer, or any other 3rd party program you wish, even if you don't have a compiler. We have some very helpful folks on the forums.

Last edited:
eq all the way bud.

i have 250 days /played for my eq character, no way in hell im starting over on another game.

WoW! but anyway, I notice that there are a lot of WoW guides, but I only see the gold one for purchase... how do I get access to all of the WoW guides?

For a next-gem MMO these games are lacking. Yes, I have tried both. EQ2 is a complete joke. WoW is all about the grind, imo. Also, in WoW the population balance is very out of whack. At least, it was when I played. I still enjoy EQ1. Unfortunately, Mythic has ruined DAoC. That was my favorite game by far.

Zedmix said:
eq all the way bud.

i have 250 days /played for my eq character, no way in hell im starting over on another game.

Ahh...I remember EQ...

The only trade items that were worth making were SOW potions and high level food...

Making trade items was tedious...but the portable oven doubled as a 4 slot bag...

All the spell graphics were basically just different colored explosions...

Nobody would group with Wizards unless they were in the guild and you felt obligated...

The druids got all the good ports early...

East Commons...the Original Auction House

At one time the most coveted Magic Item at any level was a common compass...

Begging Enchanters to sell you a Clarity because it will increase your slow, grinding EXP rate 300% for a few minutes.

Traversing the continents for hours to get the components so that you can beg a Shaman to sell you SOW potions at an exorbitant rate because you can't solo without them.

Dying once meant losing up to 3 days EXP grinding...and possibly your level.

"Hell" Levels

Dying in a GuildWar meant having your corpse camped and losing SEVERAL levels...WEEKS of play...or losing your stuff to a decomposed corpse...and of course the "GM's don't get involved in GuildWars (even though the game rules for what happens in GuildWars is exactly OPPOSITE of what actually happens)

Setting the GuildWar timer for a week to find out that it's broken and the War will NEVER end unless you and the enemy GuildLeader get within so close of each other and type the command to end it. By this time, 3/4th's of both your guilds have quit (not only the Guild, but the GAME) and hate each other so much that it will never happen as long as you're GuildLeader...

By the time you could get an item, you didn't need it and because they never decayed or were soulbound, you couldn't sell it either...

When you got to the docks, and saw the boat departing you could count on a 15 min wait on top of the 1/2 hour boat ride...

Camping the AC for literally days of online time, to finally see him, get him down to 1/4 hp just to have some bastard hobbit who doesn't NEED J-Boots swoop in at the last second and K/S him and try to sell you the ring for 50 plat...

Outer Planes? Can't enjoy those unless you're in an "uberguild"... They "own" them, and will train you to death over and over if you disagree. See the above part about "dying". When I played, the GM's actually kept a raid schedule for the uberguilds. not in an uberguild? Sorry, you can't enjoy Sony's content YOU'RE PAYING FOR....

Sitting....hours sitting...waiting for health...waiting for mana...waiting........

You can keep EQ. Yes, yes, I'm sure they've changed all that stuff but it left such a bitter taste in my mouth...
250/days played? 250/days wasted is more like.

Do yourself a favor. Find a buddy with WOW, invite yourself over and play it for 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Easy_Moder said:
For a next-gem MMO these games are lacking. Yes, I have tried both. EQ2 is a complete joke. WoW is all about the grind, imo. Also, in WoW the population balance is very out of whack. At least, it was when I played. I still enjoy EQ1. Unfortunately, Mythic has ruined DAoC. That was my favorite game by far.

DAoC had a LOT going for it. It's a damn shame Mythic screwed it up.

Skeptic, I agree about the EQ, unless you use bard macro (which is what i will be doing ever time i log off WoW and go to sleep.. or until i get cought) I like EverQuest, but like i said, its more fun to get back at Sony for all the BS bugs that pissed me off during those days of play, and this way i can enjoy high end game w/insane AA's etc etc hehe.

WoW however, thats a fun game, although i lost interest in most games fast (ADD?) i dont think so, i just lose interest in games when i do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over etc etc, you get the picture...
If you guys got some cool guides for WoW, post them on the WoW subscribers forum so i can XP fast, I just want to play a character that i can Grind my xp and get 60 in 2 days... so help me out while your at it, you degraded EQ1 enough =) :D

Reason being.. to pvp, i want to hit 60 and start pvp'ing with my friends, it just sounds hella fun, and whatever class is the most fun in pvp is the one i am thinking of playing, however i dont know which class is most fun (no... not a dumb hunter) but I also dont want to get one that takes 5 days to get to 60... Anyhow, throw me a pm if anyone has any suggestions for WoW Class for FAST XP and/or/also Best PVP, i tryed to start a thread on the subscribed forums on that and it will build up and get very interesting soon, being able to just point out what class is best where how and why etc. Cant wait. Thanks in advanced for your pm's.

Another thing about EQ is that if you minght be lucky enough to get into a group and goto the zone you wonna hunt in, but sure enouhg your camp is being farmed by some basturd lvl 60 who doesn't need the loot and will probably never ever EVER use it. basturds..

Anyway.. WOW is better IMO

Infernal said:
Reason being.. to pvp, i want to hit 60 and start pvp'ing with my friends, it just sounds hella fun, and whatever class is the most fun in pvp is the one i am thinking of playing, however i dont know which class is most fun (no... not a dumb hunter) but I also dont want to get one that takes 5 days to get to 60... Anyhow, throw me a pm if anyone has any suggestions for WoW Class for FAST XP and/or/also Best PVP, i tryed to start a thread on the subscribed forums on that and it will build up and get very interesting soon, being able to just point out what class is best where how and why etc. Cant wait. Thanks in advanced for your pm's.

Go for rogue, there best in PvP and own a lot :) WoW for teh bloody win!

Sam

Frost said:
I dont undestand what people like about everquest.....

I have to put my experience in here. First, I agree with the above statement. Let me paint the picture for you. I love rpgs. I am the nerd of the family, in school I was always different and didn't really find any true friends till my senior year. I could play D&D for hours. Final Fantasy was God. Baldurs gate was crack to me. I didn't jump on the MMO bandwagon off the bat. Don't know why, just didn't. EQ had been out for awhile, couple of expansions were out with it and at staples they were selling the game and two expansions for 25bucks. Figured I didn't have anything to lose. I buy, install, log in. After about 20 minutes of playing it...I was uninstalling it. Not saying anything bad about those who like it, I just hated it and swore MMOs off. Fast forward..FFXI. Again, didn't jump in head first but a friend of mine talked me into. Buy, install, log. NOw this was different because I had friends to guide me but the major difference was the world looked BEAUTIFUL! And even though I enjoyed FF I never got obsessed over it. When I couldn't play...oh well. Infact I would take week long breaks from it without batting an eye. Fast forward. I have a friend who is chomping at the bit for WoW. She is drooling over it, always talking about it, always sending me beta screenshots and telling me I need to buy it when it comes out. Then she has me watch the intro movie. She has my full attention now. I was a little pumped but not gun-ho. Buy, install, play. The world is beyond words. Unlike FF I get health back rather quickly so I don't have to wait 2 minutes between every fight. So far so good. I see my first guardian...wow. I see danarsass...holy hell. The further I went the more I fell in love. It's NOTHING for me to spend ALL my free time playing WoW. If you've never played it, try it. Go to a friends house or something but just try it. If you don't like it, that's cool, more server space for us addicts. :D

I never ever played EQ ... although I had lots of friends who played it, but I never really like all that online geekstuff.

Untill some friends convinced me to try Horizons, it would be much cooler than EQ, and I would love it. After playing Horizons for a few days I got bored because there was no real purpose behind the game, except to level up.

When the WoW Beta hit Europe, the same friends tried to convince me again, no no WoW will be much beter than Horizons.... where did I heard that before ? So I kinded passed up on the Beta testing.

Than the game hit the stores in early february, at first I didn't really was going to fall for it, but the whole gaming community was going berserk over this game, so I told myself to give it a try ... I was getting bored with my XBOX anyway.

I installed the game, made a character and started playing ... and oh my god what a great game, none of the things I hated about MMORPGs seemed to bother me and I loved the way the game looked and how the quests work, it was perfect to play solo, and looked very nice to play in group to PVP.

After I was playing a few weeks, my girlfriend caught some interest in the game, and it didn't toke long before she was sold too.

This game is an absolute must have for everybody with a computer that can handle the minimum specs!!!

DELETE EQ / INSTALL WOW !!!

;)

lol, It's nice to see how I was not the only one. I am not much of a gamer, have a girlfriend and a job that take almost all of my time, by the way, how do you get your girlfriend to play? Mine doesn't seem interested in that kind of thing... :rolleyes:
Anyway. Now I can't stop playing WoW. I hate going at the weekends to visit my girlfriend's parents without any internet conenction!! :mad:
So now, I work during the day, go home, kiss my girlfriend, sit down in front of the computer and start playing WoW. Requires lots of time, but I wouldn't change it for the world!

Just my 2 cents here.

WOW was fun for like 3-4 weeks but, after you have a lvl 60 mage with the best gear you can get and both trade skills maxxed out there was nothing left to do.

Not to mention the lying asses at Blizzard who said that the PvP portion would be up and running when the game went live back when we were all in Beta.

PvP.. or gankfest was about all it was , and when you did try to get a real PvP session going server lag was unlike anyhting I have ever seen in on line gaming.

Then there was server Que's, waiting and waiting to get on a server to play.

Yes the game was fun, but in a Play Station kinda way, there was just absolutley nothing to the game and it was over so quickly.

EQ I have been playiing month and it has its draw backs, but it is 100% better then WOW.

I want to play the game that never was, thanks to WoW.

The game I'm talking about was Warhammer Online.

Think WoW only dirtier, nastier, darker, BETTER graphics. The trailer was 1000% awesome.

I still think Blizz gave Games Workshop some cash under the table to drop development....

I hold out hope there will be a WH40k Online someday. That would so PWN PlanetSide it wouldn't be funny. I hope $ONY goes bankrupt and fries in hell for their transgressions...

troii said:
WOW was fun for like 3-4 weeks but, after you have a lvl 60 mage with the best gear you can get and both trade skills maxxed out there was nothing left to do.

Not to mention the lying asses at Blizzard who said that the PvP portion would be up and running when the game went live back when we were all in Beta.

PvP.. or gankfest was about all it was , and when you did try to get a real PvP session going server lag was unlike anyhting I have ever seen in on line gaming.

Then there was server Que's, waiting and waiting to get on a server to play.

Yes the game was fun, but in a Play Station kinda way, there was just absolutley nothing to the game and it was over so quickly.

EQ I have been playiing month and it has its draw backs, but it is 100% better then WOW.

WHAT??? What WOW is this? I dont believe ive heard of it? What can u do with a lv. 60 mage? what CANT you do with a level 60 mage, and i truly doubt you had all the best items and armor. Maybe this was beta or something but WOW is nothing like this. I too thought it was for the so called "geeks." I had friends who played and it consumed their lives so i was like "no way this will happen to me." They gave me a ten day trial. First time I played, 26 hours straight. oh God it was aewsome and still is. I think you know where my vote lies.

EQ2 the Graphics are absolutly beautiful. The Spell system sucks and whats with this Heroic Opportunity Bullshit. No place to solo because all the damn mobs are linked to together in groups and will kill you. You can die while doing tradeskills WTF!!! The econmy is already inflated. The best spell upgrades are crafted and are ungodly expensive. Unless you play 24/7 and are MR. Uber player you'll never afford them. Causual players are screwed with this game.

WoW I love WoW's gameplay I love the fact you can regen your own HP's and Mana with food and drink rapidly. Very easy to solo stuff. Gold isn't really that difficult to make becuase good loot drops randomly off any mob or is found in chests. You don't have to have Uber Raid Force 1. To get decent gear becuase it's sold in the AH and only soulbinds if you equip it.

But.... OMG it's like playing in a freaking cartoon world I absolutely hate hate hate the graphics they suck.

Matrix online WTF? How can everyone be Neo when he's called "The One" Doesn't that mean there's like only one of him? How can everyone be Neo and kill Agents when they hand everyone their ass except him in the movies. Should rename it Neo world.

WOW IS AWWESOME! Eq is boring! its only fun once youve put in like 1,000hours- 5,000 hours (literally!)! on one char thats just too much. I would die of like bordomosphemy! IN wow it takes mabye 400 (if ur first time and your taking a slow, steady questing pace and just enjoying it) to get to 60! plus every level past like 20 is fun ( and i takes like 2 weeks to get there) every two levels you feel invincible, untouchable. You ARE GOD! then you go to battle grounds to test your new toys and you get ganked to hell...FUN FUN FUN... Everquest seems to reward u for the time spent playing, WOW, you are rewarded no matter what you do with like a sense of competion and awe and all that junk. oh and it does NOt take 3-4 weeks to get a 60! unless your butt is glued to your computer chair it would take like several months! k well i have nothing left to say... if i sound over dramatic or obsessive (with wow), its only cus i am

Everquest 2 or World of Warcraft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back