• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ever report an obvious MQ2? (1 Viewer)

Ever report an MQ2er?

• Yes

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 73.1%
  • Let other people sort it out

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

bakshi

RedCents
Im just wondering if anyone has ever reported someone that was obviously using it in public and stuff.

I guess if someone was being an ass about it , and bragging infront of others and causing obstruction

Or someone who generally was an ass then yes

Otherwise nope

The only obvious mq2 that I even cared about was some guy trying to ghost the named I was after. Ended up just asking him to stop, he did, saw no problems after that, so I left it alone.

I have never had a run in with another cheater, I have seen them, and I am sure they see me but I dont ask dont tell. In fact I had someone /tell me for directions in a zone I was in ghostkilling a major raid boss and so I took a one of my rangers off and showed him the way. He came back later and said are you done ghostkilling <name of boss here> and I was like shit! he just laughed and was like 6 anon rangers in a zone and no one else=good guess you are cheating. He didnt see me but guessed, I let him loot a nice 265 hp/mana item, and ghosted a mob he was stuck on in 1.5 and never heard from him again lol. That is how I feel cheaters should behave.

Snitches get stitches from geting beat down like bitches.

At least that was the motto on the block I grew up on in Detroit.
I don't call the police, I handle things myself.

anyone who uses MQ2 and would turn someone in, is an asshole. Let the obvious idiots get themselves cought, because it will happen.

no need to be a low down dirty snake ass bitch.

Hi All,

IMHO if someone is being an Asshat and acting recklessly, he is endangering us all...and he deserves what he gets. I always err to the side of caution and if I am MQ'ing/Macroing and even get the slightest hint that I am in someone's way... I move the hell out pronto. In that light, I would hope that anyone who was able to figure out what I am doing would not snitch me out. Personally, if someone is an a-hole, I might train a shit-load of see-invis on to his afk macro party, but i would never /petition anyone.

Cheers,
Melon

I agree with DNA.

I know of about 75-100 MQers on Prexus. It's a fairly easy thing to do...whenever I'm bored, I'll go to places where popular macros are run, and the macro records to an INI who is running the text at a certain pace/number of times, with what text, etc.

The other easy way I've found is to watch for people using stick in MQ2Melee. Seriously, you path better and faster than the NPCs do. That's an obvious thing to anyone who knows what it looks like.

And of course, the best way is to use a modified MQ2Targets which just echos and logs the name every time a PC spawn is added and removed from a zone in less than 1s.

What they do is their business, what I do is mine. If I see someone doing something stupid when GMs are near, I send them a tell that's like, "I know what you're doing, and you had better stop." Freaks them out, and if they are running a typical macro, activates the sub that does /endmac and /q. But honestly, I view others running MQ with a sense of curiosity...what have they done with MQ that I might look at and learn from? Who's running it? What other highend guilds have people with it, and what people? But otherwise, I run a NIMBY approach...won't deal with it as long as it's Not In My Back Yard.

thez said:
I agree with DNA.

I know of about 75-100 MQers on Prexus. It's a fairly easy thing to do...whenever I'm bored, I'll go to places where popular macros are run, and the macro records to an INI who is running the text at a certain pace/number of times, with what text, etc.

The other easy way I've found is to watch for people using stick in MQ2Melee. Seriously, you path better and faster than the NPCs do. That's an obvious thing to anyone who knows what it looks like.

And of course, the best way is to use a modified MQ2Targets which just echos and logs the name every time a PC spawn is added and removed from a zone in less than 1s.

What they do is their business, what I do is mine. If I see someone doing something stupid when GMs are near, I send them a tell that's like, "I know what you're doing, and you had better stop." Freaks them out, and if they are running a typical macro, activates the sub that does /endmac and /q. But honestly, I view others running MQ with a sense of curiosity...what have they done with MQ that I might look at and learn from? Who's running it? What other highend guilds have people with it, and what people? But otherwise, I run a NIMBY approach...won't deal with it as long as it's Not In My Back Yard.

Well said Z.
Mochilla, how would you like another MQer turning you in for using something as simple as stick, because they could recognize it?
Bah why am I even trying to reason with you..... your statement proves a level of ignorance and indecency that can not be reasoned with.
offense fully intended.

I have done it before, there is an asshole cleric on Luclin in the guild known as Five Rings. Basically Watice Osiris reports anyone he see's using MQ2, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but he was an MQ user and it was obvious. Basically if Watice saw you in a zone killing something he was after and knew you used MQ2, you got petitioned. I just did a favor in return.

Marburyisgod said:
I have done it before, there is an asshole cleric on Luclin in the guild known as Five Rings. Basically Watice Osiris reports anyone he see's using MQ2, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but he was an MQ user and it was obvious. Basically if Watice saw you in a zone killing something he was after and knew you used MQ2, you got petitioned. I just did a favor in return.

That's far better than just being a straight out snitch any day of the week.

Never reported anyone for MQ and probably never will. Mostly because, as someone mentioned, Karma is a bitch. I've never knowingly ganked someone elses mob, and never knowingly interfered with anyone else, but accidents do happen. I like to think that if I'm nice to the universe, the universe will respond in kind.

I was once killing in a zone with some non-users. We had CoHs set up to pop a few named to bypass the gay clearing and to save us a lot of time. An anon group of MQers zoned in and I got a tell "how are you guys killing abc when there is xyz dead across the other side of the zone with only 22 minutes left on xyz's corpse ... you are being petitioned for hacking and I'm telling your guild leader" all from the zone in. Point is we were killing what they wanted to clear ... they assumed we were cheating to do it (luckily this time we weren't). It was a simple case of looking out for number 1 and fuck the competition in the ass.

GMs check into the situation, find out we had CoH bots set up and that it was all legit ... look into my counter-petition against the petitioner inquiring how they could possibly know that from zin. Petitioner got banned and I'm still playing today.

Karma's a bitch. I've never petitioned a MQ user ... even the assholes on Zek who warp/cast/warp/cast and do it all so blatantly (not that zek-GMs give a rats ass).

Personally, I try not to be a hypocrite if I can help it. Now, I don't ghost, I hardly ever warp, I believe I'm pretty low-key with my cheating. But I'm still cheating, and for me I don't think it's worth the risk of petitioning someone else. I guess it's the karma thing. Besides, I figure if I'm seeing someone obviously using MQ2, then chances are someone else will see them, and petition them.

I haven't petitoned anyone as yet, but like a few have already stated - if someone was being a complete ass about it, I send them a tell asking them to "take it easy" as everyone can see what they are doing. I have seen a few on my server, hell if I cant use the loot, I send an /ooc and 9/10 of the time an MQer pops on top of the mob to loot it :)
Like DNA first said here, Karma is a bitch.

In that instance...

Petition away.

If I had the time or wanted to bring up some bad memories, let me tell you about a this guy named Draxion that my guild had trouble with.

The day I started MQ2 up was the day I noticed a whole new world of EQ.. I never knew so many used it. People I gruoped with for a very time used it and I had no clue. I just thought they were hella good box's. I have seen groups wiped by mq2 crews and have not said a thing. I just go on my way and laugh. I would really think that sony would investigate my account 1st before even looking into what happend. It takes one to know one .

i took a afk macro group cleric for 4 hours put myself in there group was funny as hell when he returned and im off somewhere across zone with his cleric

Mikiky said:
I have seen a few on my server, hell if I cant use the loot, I send an /ooc and 9/10 of the time an MQer pops on top of the mob to loot it :)

Thats entrapments hehe What a great way for GM's to find hackers...300hp item rotting in 5 min then do a log check on everyone that shows up... ROTFL ;-O

spelat said:
i took a afk macro group cleric for 4 hours put myself in there group was funny as hell when he returned and im off somewhere across zone with his cleric

Now there is a prime example of someone I would take the karma for to petition.

The only thing more fun than petitioning someone who is blatantly hacking is if you're petitioning someone blatantly hacking while you're doing the same.

LOL, first time I met Abyss ingame was something like that...I was afkmacroing in a group in RSS, was bored, and saw a character bouncing across the map, lol.

honor among thieves.

however, even thieves cross the line sometimes. people warping all over MPG ... and not just a 6boxer warping to the guys, but i'm talking some serious zoning, succoring, etc... him being an idiot in MPG would draw attention to MPG. How many people zoned thru MPG to RSS? Fuck, that's one of the reasons I started using zone again! running 2 accounts through MPG was hell. So if you've got some dick for brains warping around MPG, causing high hell, and a GM happens to be there watching him (because you feign ignorance) and you warp.. bamno, you go for his stupidity. If you petition about it? You make the choice to avoid your own capture (so to speak) for another day, as we're all on borrowed time, really.

The illuminati didn't become as "legendary" as it is today because people just show off all the secrets they have to hide. Even if they have nothing, it's held back away from the public! :p

I've only reported one MQ2 user and he deserved the bannings, warp trains were his specialty in MPG, RSS WoS as well as RCoD... and imo those are the people who deserve to be petitioned.

Last edited:
Every time someone petitions/reports regarding MQ2ing, it makes the problem larger for Sony, and increases the amount of effort they will be willing to put into combating it. One does NOT make it more safe for himself by 'getting rid of' the ones who are more obvious about their usage.

Ratting out the other guy is a disservice to all of us, no matter the reason.

--Jimbo

Well I agree with most of you here. Let me just say that if I was a GM and someone reported another for MQing, Lets just say I would most defiantly check the one that petitioned too. I do realize that I have a job to do and I do get checked up on myself, so the one MQing will most likely have to be dealt with. I never ban, just suspend….if I was a GM.

I say let them know by /tells. And don’t give away that you are an MQer. Because 9/10 they will say well ill turn you in too. (that and the GM will prolly check logs, and you saying “I seen you warp from point x to point y” or using mq terms isn’t good) Be polite, and say something like I was right by you and you disappeared (warping) or why is your characters moving so weird (macros). Be creative. Or just state the obvious if they are right in front of you. Don’t threaten to turn them in, just tell them what is going wrong. Half the time they don’t know that its screwing up.

I never have petitioned someone, nor will I. I know that if you get the wrong GM your banned. If I had a total ass hat that didn’t care then he will get banned.

This is just me tho…….

Ever report an obvious MQ2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back