• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - estimating dps increase from increased heroics. wru formula ~ (1 Viewer)

timmy

RedCents
1,363¢
nota bene: made up numbers.

if i have a melee dps who does 100 dps and then i max an AP for him, is he now doing 110 dps?
if i have a melee dps who does 100 dps and i upgrade his tbl slot 5 to tov slot 5, is he now doing 115 dps?

i understand eq is a game of many halfing-sized increases that add up to ogre-sized results, but i'm curious if anyone has every done the math and determined how valuable an increase in hdex is for baseline dps. there are a lot of moving parts in eq, so it's probably not a simple one-size-fits-all formula, and yet, it certainly seems like someone smart would have given this some thought and busted out a protractor and/or excel and made the magic happen.

i'm not looking for a reason to NOT do the ap or upgrade slot 5s, i'm just curious if i could get a general idea of the quantitative increase those timesinks would yield.

yeah i've read that one before. i've read a lot of the "eq math" over the years and still am in the dark. =p but it's such a fascinating journey of flip/flop (rog hstr vs hdex in that post for example) and clutching at straws. 21-year-old game and the mechanics of combat are still murky. in some parts, at least.

yeah i've read that one before. i've read a lot of the "eq math" over the years and still am in the dark. =p but it's such a fascinating journey of flip/flop (rog hstr vs hdex in that post for example) and clutching at straws. 21-year-old game and the mechanics of combat are still murky. in some parts, at least.
Sometimes, you cant do shit. You hit a wall and cant go any further in progression and so on. But then you do something, maybe get some single upgrades or do other progression and get som more stats, just some minor ones. And then you can steamroll through the before impossible missions etc.

Must be som magical numbers in your stats you climb over.

Yeah there's certainly milestones for larger increases when it comes to heroics... from personal experience I've noticed decent hikes in dps at 1200, 1600, 2000 and 2400 hDex for instance.

What each individual point equates to is anyone's guess though... although there are in -game tooltips for at which point you gain extra accuracy, avoidance, shielding etc... but they're all different and the even within the same skill the amount you need for each increase seems to change as you get more of it.

Think all we can really do is just stack our main stat with "just get more of it" in mind

Question - estimating dps increase from increased heroics. wru formula ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back