• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Error - A timeout Occured (1 Viewer)

Dman0129

RedCents
67¢
Its not MQ specific but im having this problem with my shortcut to eq that has patchme at the end of the .exe.

It logs in other accounts fine but wont log in my main 2 boxes.

I can log in regular main eq.exe fine just not for the shortcut. It makes it to where I cant use MQ2 on the 2 main accounts.

Any ideas?

The time out is usually an incorrect password. Is it giving you any kind of message? Take your time and make sure you are using the correct password with caps etc.

Yeah everything is correct. It will let me log in no problem on the regular everquest.exe but wont keeps timing out when i try the eq.exe shortcut version.

my other 4 accounts dont have a problem its weird, I may change the passwords and see if that fixxes it.

Ok, so I deleted the old eqgame.exe shortcut. . .went into my eq folder and created a new one and built it like the instructions say.

Still wont log in my 2 accounts but logged in my other 4 fine.

I uninstalled and removed all of my EQ files. Did a fresh reinstall and still same problem.

Any last ideas? No one else has had this problem?

This is one of the weirder things I have heard about in a bit.

Is there anything different about the 4 and 2 accounts? Free to play, servers anything the 4 have in common different than the 2?

The only diff is I just bought RoF expansion for the 2 whereas the other 4 are just up to HoT.

This did literally start when right after I added the expansion.

I would petition, but I dont want them being like well you can log in using the regular everquest.exe so use that and or questioning why i use eqgame.exe

Ok so I tried the wineq2 and it still does the same thing. I trust you, ive been part of this community a long time. Would you mind trying to log in using my account if I changed the password temporarily and sent you the info in a PM or text?

I could not duplicate this issue. I had no issues logging my Rof accounts on just the short cut skipping the launcher.

PM me your info and I will test them.

Did you update your files on one of the accounts with RoF first? Could be that you only updated with the HoT accounts, so it doesn;t have all the files necessary for the 2 RoF accounts.

Did you update your files on one of the accounts with RoF first? Could be that you only updated with the HoT accounts, so it doesn;t have all the files necessary for the 2 RoF accounts.

Well, i agree that it would seem to be tied to the expansion somehow, but there is only one set of files to download; hot accounts patch for rof files, too.

If you have more than 1 eq install, I have one for my main with all graphics on, and one for my alts with it set to low and on a different harddrive. I often times forget that I have to run the Everquest exe for both to update them. You'll get the time outs if you are trying to run an unpatched shortcut.

There's a thread on the official forums about accounts that have special characters in the username can no longer log in via bypassing the launcher. Since the most recent patch, I have 2 accounts that I can only log in via the launcher, which kinda kills all my ISBoxer/mq2autologin setup and windows management. Someone on the official boards contacted CS and their response was to pound sand because we're "accessing the game in an unintended manner".

Error - A timeout Occured

Users who are viewing this thread

Back