• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EQBCS not working properly (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,616¢
I have had EQBCS installed for over a month now. (Proving what a complete noob I am). I used the "Install" from the EQBCS interface that comes up from using the EQBCS.exe icon. It used to work just fine, but recently it has stopped working. When I execute EQBC from right clicking the MQ icon in the icon tray, where it says "Start EQBC Server". That pulls up the EQBC interface that has the 6 buttons and the IP address in it. I press the "Start" button and EQBC starts according to my Resource monitor. Then I used to click the "OK" button and forget about it. Now, however, that doesn't work anymore. When I click "OK" EQBCS will terminate itself and disappears from my Resource Monitor.

I did some reading here in the forums and found a temporary fix. Clicking the "debug" button and minimizing the window that pops up solves the "problem". Also the "standalone" button does the same thing. Any ideas from you guys why this is happening? Am I just doing something wrong. I have already tried the "remove" button but that doesn't seem to work at all. I was thinking that I would uninstall and reinstall routine. But no help there.

Thanks in advance for any help in this regard.

Have you considered installing it as a windows service as in >THIS GUIDE<
I like to have as few alt-tab windows visible as possible and running it as a service is one less thing to think about when trying to get in the game

Try clicking "Standalone"

Also, sometimes the IP address populates as 0.0.0.0. That works on some computers and not on others.

I have to manually put in my ip address from CMD window "ipconfig"

Then go to the EQBC settings file and replace the old ip with the new. (if it changed)

Darb...That's what I have been using, the "Stand alone" button and just minimizing the window. Here is my EQBCS.ini contents:

[EQBCS]
Port=2112
Address=127.0.0.1

Sic... I thought that was the whole purpose of the "Install" button in the EQBC interface that pops up. I am pretty sure the EQBC used to just run when I ran the MQ command or did an update for MQ. Although I don't recall watching my Resource Monitor to check on it before either. It just seemed to always work. Until one day when I logged in my characters and couldn't get them to autoaccept my group invites. I was like wwwwhattt? MQ2 chat says "not connected to chat server"? What's up with that. It is also strange that I can't "remove" it and re install it. Anyways I am reading over that link you provided and give that a try. I, also, don't want to have to fuss with it if I don't have to.

^Thanks for your help guys, appreciate it.

Question - EQBCS not working properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back