• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EQBC issue (1 Viewer)

Cluelessone

RedCents
428¢
I have EQBC set up on my main PC which is pretty state of the art (super fast) and I can run three instances of KA on it using EQBC without issue.

I wanted to see the chanter screen on my second PC to insure he was doing his job only to find, I can connect to EQBC but I get disconnected for "client failed to authenticate..." I added a couple of screen shots below

Client
Client.JPG

Server
Server.JPG

disable firewall on the one running the server see if it works

Thanks, I did that on both computers with no success. It logs in and you can see the log in on the server side, I just get the authorization error after the connection message.

- - - Updated - - -

The error message seems pretty specific, anyone have a clue what triggers it?

so the packet was either A:not sent or B:the eqbcs computer did not allow the packet through a firewall
I know the packets are getting through because the server shows the connection and the name of the toon, on the local client's MQ window (IE soandso has connected) right before it disconnects me for being unauthenticated.

I had this same problem. I ended up finding out I had installed EQBC twice. After using it once, I could never get it to work later after I rebooted. I closed EQBC and went into my folder and restarted it from there, it worked again. I deleted the duplicate. Hope this helps someone else.

Question - EQBC issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back