• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EQ2 - ISXEQ2 (1 Viewer)

Dman0129

RedCents
67¢
Hello,

Just a quick question. I am playing EQ2 atm while I wait for new expansion on EQ's TLP server. I wanted to do some crafting etc and use a bot for this. Does anyone know if there is a way around paying for Inner Space so I would only have to pay for ISXEQ2?

Its hard to hack a hacker unless your a better hacker that said its not that much i pay it yearly

Honestly, I'm all for paying up a premium fee (I'm a innerspace subscriber), but EQ2's hacking community is horrible. The few that have the skills to make plugins/macros are just sleezy. Here is EQ2's model for those not informed:

Innerspace (must have): Monthly Sub
ISXEQ2 : Monthly sub
Most plugins for ISXEQ2: Monthly Sub

So you literally can have 4+ subs going for EQ2 hacking BS. Its complete garbage and that hacking community should be ashamed of itself. Its just silly, but hey EQ2 sucks anyway... play EQ1 its better, and the community is FAR superior. We have way more talent and everything is pretty much free if you contribute to the community. If not have fun shelling out all that money for a couple buggy plugins and no options.

so like you wanna rip the guy off of all of his hard work just so you can cheat in a game cheaper? , your momma must be proud man.

I don't mind paying, I pay for my subscription here and havnt stopped it in years. Never used the program before and don't even know if its worth it. Also in order to use ISXEQ2 You have to have a subscription. So you would be paying 2 separate subscriptions. Just want to make sure its worth it or any other options out there.

Its hard to hack a hacker unless your a better hacker that said its not that much i pay it yearly

Thanks for not being a Dousche, appreciate the honest answer. I may just do that instead.

I was curious to see how much money you could dump on EQ2 ISX community and it was pretty sad.

Innerspace $12 dollars for 3 months
ISXEQ2 $12 dollars every 3 months
Orgebot $21 dollars every 3 months
BJScripts $20 dollars every 3 months

Notice 3 month terms, most of these don't sell anything less than 3 months.
3 Months = $65
1 Month = $21.66

I think Innerspace is a great program, and ISXEQ2 should be considerably less than $12 but hey if people pay it. The plugins Orgebot and BJScripts... for $20 dollars each for community created content... What a load of $h1T. Just my thoughts, as again I don't use these nor do I play EQ2.

Innerspace is $15 for 3 months, $50/year.....i think that's old pricing data....I was going to test Ogrebot for EQ1 as there is a port for it. I think it requires ISXEQ and I just didn't feel like compiling it to test

You guys are treating this whole thing like its all SOE asking for more money, its not, we all subscribe to addons to your gaming experience that were made and maintained by DIFFERENT people. Redguides does not make or own or update isboxer/innerspace and has no interest in that company, so your saying because 1 company charges money for their hard work that all the other companies should be free? I frankly am glad to some companies are still making ANYTHING for EQ1 with it being 15 years in. So they want money for their hard work, they are not FORCING you to buy it. I subscribe here and I use isboxer, I do not subscribe at any other site but I could, its like ordering at McDonalds, you CAN get fries but you can still have lunch without them...

People who do not get paid do not stick around, thanks isboxer, innerspace and redguides for continuing to stick around.....

I was curious to see how much money you could dump on EQ2 ISX community and it was pretty sad.

Innerspace $12 dollars for 3 months
ISXEQ2 $12 dollars every 3 months
Orgebot $21 dollars every 3 months
BJScripts $20 dollars every 3 months

Notice 3 month terms, most of these don't sell anything less than 3 months.
3 Months = $65
1 Month = $21.66

I think Innerspace is a great program, and ISXEQ2 should be considerably less than $12 but hey if people pay it. The plugins Orgebot and BJScripts... for $20 dollars each for community created content... What a load of $h1T. Just my thoughts, as again I don't use these nor do I play EQ2.

One can always learn C++ himself and see just how much work it really is to make these plugins/programs takes time and skill.

One can always learn C++ himself and see just how much work it really is to make these plugins/programs takes time and skill.

I know C++, C#, and a variety of other languages. I'm not saying its not a time investment, but it seems a bit of stretch using someone else's work to make your own capital. Without innerspace / isxeq2 those bots/scripts don't work, and to charge a monthly fee for it, is a bit much. Write a cool plugin / script... charge a fee for it.... sure I get it, but to make it subscription based and have such huge dependencies on Innerspace and ISXEQ2 is just wrong.

I know C++, C#, and a variety of other languages. I'm not saying its not a time investment, but it seems a bit of stretch using someone else's work to make your own capital. Without innerspace / isxeq2 those bots/scripts don't work, and to charge a monthly fee for it, is a bit much. Write a cool plugin / script... charge a fee for it.... sure I get it, but to make it subscription based and have such huge dependencies on Innerspace and ISXEQ2 is just wrong.

You're describing exactly what redguides and that other site do. I don't really see how someone can complain about people charging $ for the work they did. If people pay the monthly sub why not charge it ?

hmm isn't that capitalism? , i mean i guess they could do it for free and then see how many donations they get , lol again guess they be doing it for free cause most folks dont ever donate lookit eqmule dude has to hope to get 25 donates a month and shit he seems to have hard time of that and sites like this wouldnt even exist with out him

hmm isn't that capitalism? , i mean i guess they could do it for free and then see how many donations they get , lol again guess they be doing it for free cause most folks dont ever donate lookit eqmule dude has to hope to get 25 donates a month and shit he seems to have hard time of that and sites like this wouldnt even exist with out him

Over 1500 people download MQ2 every update from its site and almost none of them donate anything.

You're describing exactly what redguides and that other site do. I don't really see how someone can complain about people charging $ for the work they did. If people pay the monthly sub why not charge it ?

Nope that isn't what redguides does, this site is one of the prominent macroquest2 sites because they are active with eqmule (main mq2 dev) and have contributed to him in various different ways. Redguides also provides a community and rewards those that contribute to it. I've only ever spent $6 dollars on redguides since its inception back in 2005. I've gained hundreds of dollars in rewards and have had a subscription for almost a decade. I will admit releasing a reworked mq2warp plugin back in the early days of redguides did get me like 3 years of access along with an ipod, but you get my point.

That said for redguides to have an active EQ2 section we would have to get a hold of the old source for ISXEQ2 and update it. I don't know anyone in the community that actively likes EQ2 that much to work on it, but if Redguides wanted to they could probably contact lax, ieatacid, eqmule or many others that if paid enough would update and give RG the source. Most of the MQ2 dev crew could do it, but the only question remains what that magic $$$ is and if they would feel comfortable going against Amadeus (also a former mq2 dev) business model. I only mention the mq2 devs as they are the most familiar with the code and hell lax wrote innerspace which runs the isxeq2 plugin. If I was a guessing man, there just isn't enough money or interest in justifying any of this. So, you'd have to find someone willing to donate a lot of there time for free, who is also familiar in writing a plugin for innerspace.

EqMule is really the guy to awnser some of the MQ2 questions and why the mq2 dev team didn't capitalize on it. That said its interesting to see where the mq2 dev team is now.

DKAA = I think he still hangs out in IRC, can't say I ever have talked to him, because hes seems like an asshole.
ieatacid = no clue... this guy kinda fell off after changing his avatar from hot chicks in thongs to a naked fat guy in a cone lol.
Lax = Lavishsoft (Innerspace creator)
rswinders = no clue
EqMule = Currently working on EQ. I remember him running some website where if you hacked certain parts it would level you up in the forums to get access to exclusive plugins and crap. These days he seems to run the straight and narrow and take pity on the dwindling EQ community. If he wanted I think he could pretty much hold all MQ2 users hostage and take home a big payday. I guess he is just one good dude... (until the day he turns evil and does this...)
Amadeus = ISXEQ2 / ISXEVE creator. These plugins are a cousin to MQ2 for those respective games.

There you go, those that capitalized, those that disappeared, and those we still see today. That's the most I know, which isn't much. These guys all deserved to get paid, because they are all very talented. I'm just not a fan of seeing some guy creating a script/macro/plugin and getting more money then people that have far more skill getting the left overs for using there work. Its my opinion, and I know that isn't going to make some folks happy, but its what I believe is right.

Last edited:
That said for redguides to have an active EQ2 section we would have to get a hold of the old source for ISXEQ2 and update it. I don't know anyone in the community that actively likes EQ2 that much to work on it, but if Redguides wanted to they could probably contact lax, ieatacid, eqmule or many others that if paid enough would update and give RG the source. Most of the MQ2 dev crew could do it, but the only question remains what that magic $$$ is and if they would feel comfortable going against Amadeus (also a former mq2 dev) business model. I only mention the mq2 devs as they are the most familiar with the code and hell lax wrote innerspace which runs the isxeq2 plugin. If I was a guessing man, there just isn't enough money or interest in justifying any of this. So, you'd have to find someone willing to donate a lot of there time for free, who is also familiar in writing a plugin for innerspace.

We don't need to have a download of ISX or whatever for us to have a discussion about EQ2. I don't come here simply for the compile. I come here to learn a different side of the game. Sometimes you also get just some tips for non-sketchy activities here on redguides.

I'm also not advocating that we reopen (if it even exists anymore), or open an EQ2 section, I was just simply saying I wished it was still there, as I'm sure some amount of discussion would have taken place, especially with the new TLPs.

The community on redguides is old, and I've been a member here since 2005. Most people are helpful and friendly, an extension of that into a different game couldn't be bad. :p

Yeah I do remember the EQ2 section, it had a couple tools for like crafting and stuff, but it was all very crude and nothing really noteworthy came into the section, especially compared to the capabilities of ISXEQ2. I think opening up a sub-forum EQ2 in a section called Other Games or something would be ok, but that's Redbot's call.

Question - EQ2 - ISXEQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back