• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - EQ Producer's Letter: April 4, 2024 (New TLPs Announced)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
29,731¢
Pronouns
He/Him

It is once again time to review what has happened, what is happening now and what is coming along down the line. But, before I get to what will be coming along, let’s review all that has occurred already during this extremely momentous year...

PAX East ran from March 21 through 24, and as many of you know, we had a panel there as well as an after-hours meetup. If you missed us at the panel, you can find a recording of it below! It was wonderful seeing so many of you at both the PAX panel and at Harpoon Brewery. I am so excited about Fippy Fest, which is fast approaching. However, in case you missed it, there is a post that gives more details about what you get with an in-person Fippy Fest ticket purchase. There is a plethora of real-life loot, as well as all the digital loot from the VIP digital pack. So much great stuff! If you don't want to miss any of the good times, please be advised that the tickets nearly are half gone. They will only be sold until 11:30 p.m. PDT on April 21, 2024, or until they are sold out (whichever comes first) so be sure to grab yours before they are all gone. Don't let these parties happen without you being in on all the fun! Don’t worry if you can't make it in-person though; there will be a livestream of the event that everyone can watch. Tons of fun will be had by all, both in-person and digitally. If you choose to make a digital pack purchase, you will also be able to post your questions in a special forum where it can then be read aloud on stream and answered by the game team.

PAX East 2024 Panel

Plus: there is still time to grab the 25th Anniversary giveaway items if you haven’t got yours already! Everyone who logs in until April 20 at 11:00 p.m. PDT will get a Royal Silver Crown. All-Access members will not only get the crown, but they will also get a Darkpaw Torch Ornament as well as a Goblet of Adventure II and a Level 100 Heroic Character!

25th Anniversary Keyart

I am so thrilled that you all are enjoying the Swag Store. We are busy gathering all the ideas you’ve been passing on to the Community Team to see what we can use in Season 2! You all have had some great ideas so far; keep them coming and be sure to reach out to our Community Manager Angeliana if there are things you would like to see if you have not done so yet.

With all the events going on, it's easy to miss, but we're also hiring! If you fancy yourself a tinkerer (engineer) or a storyteller (designer), look at our openings. If you have ever wanted to help create the EverQuest experience that you love so much, there has never been a better opportunity to become a member of the EverQuest game team than right now.

Now, for a few things that have happened that were not on the roadmap. Each month during the Year of Darkpaw, during our scheduled monthly update day, we run a Lore & Trivia Contest in the forums. The winner of the day’s contest will get a prize from a small pool of available items. It’s just a little something to pass the time while you wait for the game to unlock. The Community Team is also running a Jigsaw Puzzle event across our social media channels. Each day, a piece is unveiled, and another task is posted. The person who wins the daily task not only gets to choose the next piece to be removed but they also get a point for the day. The three people with the most points per platform will win a nice pack of items, that’s nine total winners! This will continue until June 13th with the winners being revealed at Fippy Fest.

What a puzzling event!

Finally, Rathe Day is coming on April 22nd! Participate in this event and learn a thing or two about conservation while you’re having fun.

Here’s a quick look back at the roadmap from January through March.

January:

February:

March:

The following is what is coming up between this month and June.

April:

• The Year of Darkpaw
    • Monthly collection, giveaway, limited edition items
    • Anniversary Tower
    • April quest, Heroic Adventure, and merchant items added
    • Adding March giveaway item for purchase
  • Tempest Festival event returns
May:

• The Year of Darkpaw
    • Anniversary Tower
    • May quest, Heroic Adventure, and merchant items added
    • Adding April giveaway item for purchase
  • New Progression Servers Launch
June:

• The Year of Darkpaw
    • Anniversary Tower
    • June quest, Heroic Adventure, and merchant items added
    • Adding May giveaway item for purchase
  • Pride Month Familiars
  • Hardcore Heritage event returns
  • Scorched Sky event returns
Now that all the formalities are out of the way let's talk about the big announcement for this quarter. It's time to reveal the Time Locked Progression servers' rulesets for 2024! I hope you all are as excited as we are for these rulesets.

With Mischief and Aradune being the two most popular server rulesets from their opening day to today, this was an easy enough choice to make for such a celebratory year. So, without further ado, our new TLP servers are Tormax, a Traditional Time-Locked Progression server and Teek, a Random Loot Free-Trade Time-Locked Progression Server. Both will have Relaxed True-Box, starting with the traditional True-Box rules and relaxing the True-Box rules further over time. Both servers will start with the Ruins of Kunark unlocked with expansion unlocks then happening at a standard cadence. Both will launch on Wednesday, May 22, 2024!

That’s not all either. This year we're introducing a name reservation system that will launch on April 24. Those characters with 200 days or more played time will be the first with the opportunity to reserve their character name on these servers. As we get closer to launch, the played time restriction will lower for the next round and so forth. So be sure to get in those hours if you want to be in the first round to reserve your name on the new servers!

Lastly but not least, I want to thank all of you for being with us during this banner year and helping us celebrate twenty-five glorious years of this amazing game. I am thankful that each of you is here to mark this outstanding year-long celebration! And now, of course...

It’s time to answer the Call,
Jenn Chan
Head of Studio

Last edited:
I'm genuinely a bit surprised at the TLP choices, and that's even with them announcing it would be copy pasta to begin with. I'm sure they will both be fairly popular, but they could have improved the ruleset of both servers fairly easily (like adding some of the popular features of other tlp servers, personally I think the evolving bonuses are sort of cool, lots of people wanted either relaxed or no truebox from the get go and so on.)

Also I can't wait for them to backpeddle really quickly when people start talking about the improved customer service / gm presence that Aradune originally promised -- and COMPLETELY failed to deliver. Also the mischief/thornblade original FAQ mentioned anti cheating and how they would perma ban people AND all associated accounts on the second offense.. which again never happened. I know this is a MQ community, but personally I would genuinely prefer it if TLPs didn't have as much blatant cheating as they do, especially the use of active hacks and truebox circumvention for 54 man raid forces.

I'm happy with the ruleset, but I do wish there was something more. Like mischief and some oakwynd ramp or something to spice it up. I know they are making it a Kunark start which is a good starting point but I would of like something more.

All class/combo or something or even all classes on launch would be enough to spice up the early eras

I'm genuinely a bit surprised at the TLP choices, and that's even with them announcing it would be copy pasta to begin with. I'm sure they will both be fairly popular, but they could have improved the ruleset of both servers fairly easily (like adding some of the popular features of other tlp servers, personally I think the evolving bonuses are sort of cool, lots of people wanted either relaxed or no truebox from the get go and so on.)

Also I can't wait for them to backpeddle really quickly when people start talking about the improved customer service / gm presence that Aradune originally promised -- and COMPLETELY failed to deliver. Also the mischief/thornblade original FAQ mentioned anti cheating and how they would perma ban people AND all associated accounts on the second offense.. which again never happened. I know this is a MQ community, but personally I would genuinely prefer it if TLPs didn't have as much blatant cheating as they do, especially the use of active hacks and truebox circumvention for 54 man raid forces.
In all fairness, the only people I have seen in the last 3 years get a BAN (3 people), was from MQ'n on mischief... these arnt I heard it, these are long time, real people friends.

celebrate happy birthday GIF

with Kunark unlocked from the get go will that mean Guise of the Deceiver is already gone?

edit: if my research is correct the Guise and COS and other nerfed stuff should continue dropping for a certain amount of time regardless of what expansions are unlocked.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot have not played a free trade server, yet alone with random loot. If you don't know the potential of the Teek server then you're missing out. Mischief has been amazing, so amazing that by the end of an expansion I am Krono positive with paying for my accounts by krono. Running 6 accounts and having all tons 90% BIS is nice while playing for free!

Seems developers don't want boxing in the first expansions anynore. Another year with subs canceled then.

How long did mischief take to become mqable?
Day one, useable but not optimal. Supported 10-18-23, server launched 5-26-21
just for clarity sake - trying to use MQ on unsupported server is a very bad idea. you potentially throw away all the protections that MQ affords you on supported servers. "not optimal" kinda glazes over that fact in a pretty potentially damaging way.

How long did mischief take to become mqable?
They didn't remove Truebox until the server was like halfway through SoD, but they removed Mangler's at the same time and they were significantly farther along so who knows. On one hand I think; they must have some sort of population metric that they track to make that decision. On the other hand I think; they just remove it arbitrarily when they feel like it or possibly for some profits reason. Either way the new servers will most likely be truebox for over a year at least.

I found this part interesting ...

By playing on Teek or Tormax you agree to:
Absolutely No Automated/Unattended Gameplay. Any incident of automated gameplay will result in an immediate suspension, and a second offense will result in a ban, including Teek or Tormax-associated accounts. 

Have they ever been THAT specific about automation before? I looked back at the last couple of years TLP news release archives and nothing came close.

It sort of reads as "While Automated/Unattended gameplay is not allowed in EQ at all, on our TLPs we really fucking mean it!"

I found this part interesting ...

Have they ever been THAT specific about automation before? I looked back at the last couple of years TLP news release archives and nothing came close.

It sort of reads as "While Automated/Unattended gameplay is not allowed in EQ at all, on our TLPs we really fucking mean it!"
I just feel like the dirtty step-child.

lol, like people being this mad or crazy for one person boxing a group. (This going without saying but people who hog camps ruin it for others.)

News - EQ Producer's Letter: April 4, 2024 (New TLPs Announced)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back