• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Software EQ Log Bot (1 Viewer)

EQLogBot

RedCents
30¢
As a long time player of EQ in various forms from the beta of the original game to private servers like P99 and various TLP's. I never really had the urge to delve into MQ but I always kinda wished there was a simple program that could parse a log file and send keys based on custom triggers. There's tons of audio trigger options but I was never able to find anything that could respond to text in the log file with keys. Been teaching myself to program for a while now and decided to tackle this project myself. Been using a (very early beta) version of this on P99 as well as live servers for a couple of weeks now with no issues. I would imagine it's nearly impossible to detect as its only reading a text file.

Looking for a couple people to beta test and give me some feedback / constructive criticism or ideas for additional features. If anyone is interested in trying this out please send me a PM. Not sure if this is the correct place to post something like this so mods feel free to move/delete as necessary.

The title of your project reminded me of this, which responds to the log file with keys:

Well the day u release it, the devs at p99 are gonna start detecting it. The thing about p99 is, u can run a bunch of stuff privately. Make it public and it’s a goner... the reason is simple, they can’t detect it until they know what to look for.

The title of your project reminded me of this, which responds to the log file with keys:

Interesting! I can't tell you how many times I've googled around trying to find something with this kind of functionality over the years and always came up empty. I just always thought you could do a lot of cool things with it. Say you're playing a cleric in an XP group somewhere but have to go AFK? No worries! Just set up a trigger that casts heal when your friend sends you a tell with a trigger word. Have friend make a macro to request heal and you've got a quasi-healer bot. Could easily set up buff/port bots as well. Lots of interesting things you can do with a little imagination and without having to go fully into something like MQ2.

Last edited:
Well the day u release it, the devs at p99 are gonna start detecting it. The thing about p99 is, u can run a bunch of stuff privately. Make it public and it’s a goner... the reason is simple, they can’t detect it until they know what to look for.

That's a good point and something I had thought about as well. I assume if the project ever got big enough the P99 devs would add the program to their list of stuff to look for. I'm sure it's probably not public knowledge but I'm curious what kind of detection methods they use. Are they just looking at the names of running processes? Would something as simple as changing the file name throw off the detection methods? I've always been a little skeptical of their anticheat methods. They seem to be able to detect a lot more than what Sony or DBG were ever able to and that's a bit concerning. Makes you wonder exactly what kind of spyware they have on your system lol. I refuse to believe Rogean and crew are just genius programmers that are smarter than anyone else.

Software EQ Log Bot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back