• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EQ how to see actual damage in Combat chat window (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,249¢
How could I see actual melee and spell damage from me and my group in Combat chat window?
This is a basic EQ setting that I've forgotten. :)

I am leveling a level 85 Heroic with Vanilla EQ UI (Main Chat and Combat) and also Vanilla MQ.

I am only seeing spell being cast and the hit message and mob name being slain but not the actual damage.

I played around with EQ Filters for a while turned on ALL for spell damage and melee.

I get message All Spell channels will filter to this window
but no new damage messages appear.
I get spell cast, mob ENRAGED, mob slain messages, but I also want to see the actual damage taken by the NPC.

I vaguely remember there being another setting somewhere in EQ, but where?

If you're looking where I think you are, you probably just need to change the tab in that Main Chat window. One says Combat and the other says something else I can't recall atm. Should be just under the header like so:

1692301685108.png

If you're looking where I think you are, you probably just need to change the tab in that Main Chat window. One says Combat and the other says something else I can't recall atm. Should be just under the header
I have two tabs Main and Combat, but neither is showing any actual damage numbers.

For giggles and kicks I just made a new chat window. Selected Filter ALL for Melee and Spells.

I am seeing when I begin cast, when mob is slain.

However, the only damage number is when I see RAMPAGE on me.

I want to see the melee and spell damage spam.

You may need to check your chat filters. On your main options bar if you go to the section for chat or filters (sorry dont remember exactly what its called off hand) and then look at your filters to make sure you are showing all of that stuff.

Leo has it right on. I know mine tend to move around randomly for some unknown reason so right click on the combat window and check your melee and spell filters and select the ones you want to see in that window (or don't want)

Question - EQ how to see actual damage in Combat chat window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back