• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EQ Expansion / KissASsist (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
When the most recent expansion came out, I found myself getting raped in the grounds on level 100 characters, I'd usually use 3-4 chars with 2-3 J5 Mercs with chars that were decently geared and one char that maybe wasn't so well geared.
Either way, it was almost never that I would die in the grounds, but suddenly after the new expansion came out i started dieing within an hour or two every single time, which lead me to think that the J5 mercs were nerfed, a light blue mob that i used to kill 6 at a time (Not to mention I have an enchanter for crowd control in there as well) were causing me to die, light blue mobs!! ? really? I just couldn't understand what was happening other then assuming the mercs were suddenly not as effective or as strong as they were before the update

The J5 Mercs are definitely dieing real fast in any of the new expansion zones, they were not balanced for those zones at all, would you agree?

Now though, after getting to 101/102 on most my chars, I'm doing just fine, I'm assuming it has to do with the large improvements of KissAssist now being version 8 (before iwas using 7)
Could my issues have been the nerfed mercenaries, kiss assist having a bug or slacking from an update, or is there another reason to my issues?

Just curious if anyone had any problems or experienced the same things? a zone i used to obliberate 24/7 for weeks with 0 deaths were killing me hourly after the update, so im confused =] Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

When the most recent expansion came out, I found myself getting raped in the grounds on level 100 characters, I'd usually use 3-4 chars with 2-3 J5 Mercs with chars that were decently geared and one char that maybe wasn't so well geared.
Either way, it was almost never that I would die in the grounds, but suddenly after the new expansion came out i started dieing within an hour or two every single time, which lead me to think that the J5 mercs were nerfed, a light blue mob that i used to kill 6 at a time (Not to mention I have an enchanter for crowd control in there as well) were causing me to die, light blue mobs!! ? really? I just couldn't understand what was happening other then assuming the mercs were suddenly not as effective or as strong as they were before the update

The J5 Mercs are definitely dieing real fast in any of the new expansion zones, they were not balanced for those zones at all, would you agree?

Now though, after getting to 101/102 on most my chars, I'm doing just fine, I'm assuming it has to do with the large improvements of KissAssist now being version 8 (before iwas using 7)
Could my issues have been the nerfed mercenaries, kiss assist having a bug or slacking from an update, or is there another reason to my issues?

Just curious if anyone had any problems or experienced the same things? a zone i used to obliberate 24/7 for weeks with 0 deaths were killing me hourly after the update, so im confused =] Thanks

-------- Anyone able to advise here?

Does it have to do with game update on Jan 21st?

- Increased the HP on mercenaries of level 101 and above by 10 percent.

I recall some people complaining on Live when TDS was first launched that mercs had been stealth nerfed but for 101+) and that above update just brought them back inline with normal power. I don't think they did anything with 100 and below

I'm not sure about grounds, but I noticed this in Shard's. Not only is the XP terrible, but the mobs seem to have more HP and hit harder than before. It hasn't been a show stopper for me, but it takes longer to kill a mob.

is your tank a SK? they nerfed the crap out of the epic and the leech buff that I cannot remember the name of that you get after you slay a mob lol

* XP in ROF zones and below is heavily nerfed for 101+ characters and those GROUPED with them.

* People were complaining about the 101+ mercs becoming spikier. Since they lowered their AC but increased avoidance (that's what Sony said!) 101+ tanks mercs would be more likely to die due to spikes than 100 merc.

I was in the grounds this weekend and found something that had never happened until this latest EQ patch. When pulling treants, sometimes they will path away from the puller and agro just about every mob in the area. Had this happen to me at least 4 times in the past week. Over the period of the last week I noticed that my group was getting killed and couldn't figure out why, until I watched it happen twice this weekend. Once on Saturday and once on Sunday, my puller went to pull a treant and the treant took off running all around the area aggroing mob after mob, before I knew it I had a camp full of mobs. I FD'd my puller and waited for agro on the treant to reset before standing back up, the bad thing was is the treant was the highest level mob on the XTarget, so my tank had the treant targeted and was waiting for the treant to come into melee range, but that never happened. I had to target a mob in camp and then the tank took off and the group cleared the camp.

Things like this are a fluke and are not ment to happen, so it is kind of hard to code for things like this. KA did exactly what is was designed to do, the problem is the treant did not do what is was supposed to do.

Question - EQ Expansion / KissASsist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back