• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Epic Leveling Tip (1 Viewer)

RedBema

A Bema that is Red
RedCents
121¢
Some may disagree with this strategy, but I have used it twice and it has acted as sort of a "jet pack" for my leveling expenditures.

Everyone is familiar with the Epic Book Quests. The only thing that stands in the way is your level. That is, except when you can manage your way into a high level group.

Ah, don't you just love grouping with high powered characters? The xp, the items, the fun? Well, that is exactly the point.

I have gained a good few levels doing this strategy. Basically, the idea is to do all of your epic quests first, before doing your solo quests. I would suggest finishing your Book 1 Epic Quest Line before level 15. Yes, this is a very low level, too low if you were to group only with level 15's, but it can be done, and I have done it with two different characters. Most groups don't mind having one low level.

Here is why I think it is better to do the Epic Quest Line first,

1. The XP: You can't beat the fact that you just get alot of nice xp doing this. It can rocket you to a few higher levels alone, only buffing you up for the solo quests.
2. The items: You can't beat the items that you get from doing this line of quests. You won't get any other better items from any other quest.
3. Once you are level 15, you can do your own class quest, which will reward you with usually a nice weapon and helmet. Add these to your epic reward quests and you will be nicely beefed up to complete your solo quests.

Last edited:
Actually, there is level requirements for the book quests. I think it is 21 for Book 2, Ch. 1, and it just keeps getting higher. I had a group running me through them, but I wasn't high enough to get the next chapter. :(

I was under the understandment that you get the same amount of XP nomatter what your level is.. Meaning that it would be best to wait untill its yellow or even white to you to hand in..

I don't think so...

I may be wrong, but I gain way more bars for quests that are harder than I do for quests that are easier.

But I have not checked up on it literally, only viewed it as I completed the quests.

Decker is right. The reason you gain more bars is because you dont need as much exp to level at the lower levels, so you'll see a higher increment increase in your exp for doing quests you were supposed to do 2 or 3 levels later.

Epic Leveling Tip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back