• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EoK Rares (1 Viewer)

banzai

RedCents
492¢
During game I have been seeing a few people talking about certain zones being "hotter" for EoK rares. Was wondering if there is any validity to this and if so, what zones and mobs drop what EoK rares or is there a place on the Net I can obtain this information? I saw Zam has some info on certain items, but not as a whole. Any info on this would be great or do I just need to join the AFK force in EoK and check my bags every couple hours. I'm down for legit camping over an 8-12 hour period, but as much as I have fought in EoK and only have gotten 1 rare seems like I am missing something. Any info at all would be great.

During game I have been seeing a few people talking about certain zones being "hotter" for EoK rares. Was wondering if there is any validity to this and if so, what zones and mobs drop what EoK rares or is there a place on the Net I can obtain this information? I saw Zam has some info on certain items, but not as a whole. Any info on this would be great or do I just need to join the AFK force in EoK and check my bags every couple hours. I'm down for legit camping over an 8-12 hour period, but as much as I have fought in EoK and only have gotten 1 rare seems like I am missing something. Any info at all would be great.

Their ultra rare, not rare. I doubt any zone / mob has more of a chance to drop one. Maybe even more than ultra rare. I would consider merc gear rare and those drop semi regularly.

EoK Chase Loot has the same chance to drop as any rare. I think its around 1 per 5k kills, could be a little bit higher though. The key is kill speed and time, I have seen the same piece of chase loot drop in every zone so far.

Not sure about any zone or area that is more likely to drop it than not and with it being "ultra rare", not even sure how someone can speculate any one area over another. That being said, it's all about how much you kill and your kill rate. So you'll want zones/areas with the easiest mobs to kill as well as plentiful mobs so that you're always killing. So FM, Lcea would be better than Chardok, simply because the mobs have less hitpoints and are much easier to kill quickly as well as being something like a 5 minute respawn, not to mention wide open zone and super easy pulls vs Chardok where the mobs have more hitpoints, hit harder and unless you got a really good area, you can run out of mobs and your team is just waiting on respawn.

Their ultra rare, not rare. I doubt any zone / mob has more of a chance to drop one. Maybe even more than ultra rare. I would consider merc gear rare and those drop semi regularly.

I am well aware they are "ultra rare" but they are referred to as EoK rares or chase loot.
Merc gear drops like candy, unless I'm special, so not so "rare". 5 pieces in 8 hours from nameds doing hunter.

Odd post. You would be lucky to get an ultra rare farming for 3 weeks straight, 24/7 with a single group. That's it. The brutal truth.
So not true. I have a camp setup in the CoTF expac that I use to PL my new toons. I get atleast 1 rare, sorry "ultra rare" every 3 or 4 days. Granted, I can destroy the zone so I cycle through mobs like a tornado, so that helps.
Trying to get more pertinent information about chase loots, sorry this post seems odd to you.

EoK Chase Loot has the same chance to drop as any rare. I think its around 1 per 5k kills, could be a little bit higher though. The key is kill speed and time, I have seen the same piece of chase loot drop in every zone so far.
That's the information I was wanting confirmed. Thank you for that.

Not sure about any zone or area that is more likely to drop it than not and with it being "ultra rare", not even sure how someone can speculate any one area over another. That being said, it's all about how much you kill and your kill rate. So you'll want zones/areas with the easiest mobs to kill as well as plentiful mobs so that you're always killing. So FM, Lcea would be better than Chardok, simply because the mobs have less hitpoints and are much easier to kill quickly as well as being something like a 5 minute respawn, not to mention wide open zone and super easy pulls vs Chardok where the mobs have more hitpoints, hit harder and unless you got a really good area, you can run out of mobs and your team is just waiting on respawn.

Thank you also for added information.

AND THE POINT of the post was confirmation on what others are talking about their being "hot zones" that seem to have a better chance to drop EoK rares, sorry "ultra rares". I have experience getting chase loots like the ones in CoTF and I am basing the drop rate in EoK based on that. To me and my personal opinion the EoK are even more rare or they seem to be. I have not afk farmed chase loots in EoK. I will have to check my loot files because something seems off based off of the actual information that I have gathered being in CoTF.

For example, on Zam it is stating that a Di`zok watcher drops the Golden Knight's Belt
People in general chat were also talking about LC dropping a higher percentage of chase loots. Probably for the reasons Casca pointed out.

I'm not trying to get them to make plat or cash, I'm just a equip/stat hungry SOB warrior. haha

I am trying to confirm this type of information. Thanks for all your feedback tho.

Also if anyone has any personal experience where they looted chase loots or from which mob (if you actually know). That would also be superb.

OH, and I wanted to say that there is someone on my server that has about 10 pieces of chase loot that they got farming, so unless he killed 50k mobs in EoK, something's askew. I can verify that he has them as I have used them for the item AA buffs, unattuned, and gave back.

Here is the important thing to remember, loot tables for a mob are established on spawn not on death. Therefore each mob has a 1/5000 chance to spawn with a chase drop on it or whatever this expansions value is. It is random, just because you kill 5000 mobs doesn't mean you will get one. I killed 10s of thousands of mobs in TDS and never got a single one to drop. It is random. I have had them drop off named and off regular mobs and got the only two I have had drop within 12 hours of each other.

Here is the important thing to remember, loot tables for a mob are established on spawn not on death. Therefore each mob has a 1/5000 chance to spawn with a chase drop on it or whatever this expansions value is. It is random, just because you kill 5000 mobs doesn't mean you will get one. I killed 10s of thousands of mobs in TDS and never got a single one to drop. It is random. I have had them drop off named and off regular mobs and got the only two I have had drop within 12 hours of each other.

Understandable. That is why I am able to get so many old rares from CoTF. I kill the same X amount of mobs thousands of times, so the chance that they are going to drop is higher. I am referring to camping an area in CoTF so the loot table is more closely to 1/5k. If I ran around the zone killing different mobs, then of course I have to factor in that I am not killing the same mob over and over again, but hypothetically if I kill the same mob 5k times he should drop a chase loot. No?

What I was unsuccessfully trying to elude to. It's random as shit. I haven't killed 5000 mobs in FM and I got the Iksar bane from trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am not going to confirm nor deny any rumors of rares vs zones vs mobs, only that I do ok at around 1 rare per day in eok when I am full on farming. Currently with the release of pet bullshit the rare rate is less. but around 1 in 5000 is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

I CAN confirm that some zones become HOT for rares though. But I actually think that is because the zone mob death counter is up across all servers so the 5000 number is reached quicker.

There is nothing related to the zone wide mob been killed number reaching 5000 or more, it's a typical problem in Probability theory, every kill is an independent probability event. So the 1/5000 is an uniform distribution
That means the only thing matter is your killing rate overall. If you can kill 200+ an hour, keep the pace for a day then the PROBABILITY of gain a chase loot is almost 1(which did NOT guarantee a drop).

There is nothing related to the zone wide mob been killed number reaching 5000 or more, it's a typical problem in Probability theory, every kill is an independent probability event. So the 1/5000 is an uniform distribution
That means the only thing matter is your killing rate overall. If you can kill 200+ an hour, keep the pace for a day then the PROBABILITY of gain a chase loot is almost 1(which did NOT guarantee a drop).

Thanks

I look at it this way ...

I've killed more frogs than France in old Seb

Leveled a dozen charectors ... Most have the illusion mask ... It's my go to place... I could close my eyes and walk through it too to bottom

Up until a few weeks ago - I've never seen a RBG and finally saw a cloak drop.

I bet if I was max/min based on statistics - the fastest way to get a loot would be to farm, loot and sell "old stuff" to buy/trade for the item I want ... But that feels like it takes 10x as long , because I don't enjoy it :)

Enjoy, and spend time burning stuff down quicklly and if you catch the RNG on a good day, celebrate ...

I look at it this way ...

I've killed more frogs than France in old Seb

Leveled a dozen charectors ... Most have the illusion mask ... It's my go to place... I could close my eyes and walk through it too to bottom

Up until a few weeks ago - I've never seen a RBG and finally saw a cloak drop.

I bet if I was max/min based on statistics - the fastest way to get a loot would be to farm, loot and sell "old stuff" to buy/trade for the item I want ... But that feels like it takes 10x as long , because I don't enjoy it :)

Enjoy, and spend time burning stuff down quicklly and if you catch the RNG on a good day, celebrate ...

We are talking about farming chase loots in Empires of Kunark, the new expansion.

Can anyone clarify if these chase loots are able to drop in an instance zone too ?

Getting many conflicting answers on this.

Yes, and /pick zones are also a yes.

I've been farming on and off since expansion release, and I can tell you I've gotten two tank shields (the only two I've ever seen) within the last seven days, both in /pick zones.

Question - EoK Rares

Users who are viewing this thread

Back