• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - Enchanter + Shaman in same group. Is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

riot

RedCents
508¢
A lot of their utility stuff over lap but I'm wondering if gaining the shaman buffs + spot heals + whatever dps they have would be worth it. I'm looking at replacing a necro with the shaman since the mobs don't live long enough for the necro to be of much use.

My current group is Warrior, Mage, Wizard, Cleric, Enchanter and Necro.

Thoughts?

I run both in same group imho they bring totally different things to group slows and haste is just 2 spells out of many and they compliment each other bigtime

I also run with both in the same group just find the chanter does quicker cc than bard and while shaman slow overwrites the chanters I use dreary deeds and demolished consciousness so the cripple effect stays. The back up heals are also nice.

I run shammy and enchanter same grp, slow+cripple+hot all in one from shammy, and the cripple dot from chanter+mana flare+twincast aura with nuking. Things die fast.

I do shaman + chanter sometimes. The group seems much more 'stout'. But the dps does go down a little.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, did you end up keeping your necro? I'm in my 90s now, and still undecided if it is worth it. I keep telling myself it will pay off when I add autogrant and AA's to my group.

The 30 second spot heal is nice, the dps is blah on sub 1 minute fights (the majority) & the class is suspiciously hard on mana (hopefully that dramatically improves with AA)

It does bring in great manaregen to the group though- In the 90s, once setup properly, it brings in a solid 3000mana/minute - nearly quadruple what voice of premeditation adds (in perfect usage). Assuming that mana is spent as it comes in, does the adps of the extra mana make up for the necros lower botting dps?

Say 3 other dps burning mana, 9000mana/minute. Between 7 and 30 damage/mana depending on AAs? 1000-4500dps extra from that mana? (I have no idea how efficient spells are with AA, higher than 30damage/mana by level 100? way lower?)

Discussion - Enchanter + Shaman in same group. Is it worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back