• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Games - Elite Dangerous (1 Viewer)

At the start of the game it's not super hard to get credits from combat. You just need a planet like saturn with rings around it. Head to the planet and along the rings will be resource extraction sites. If pirates are there, and they engage with the federal authorities you can hit them once and get like 50k credits per ship. It's a good way to get a lil bit of starting cash.

The two times I got blown up I was actually trying to do a salvage mission

But just got a few million cleaning rats out of rings with the federation in the solar system I started in.

Not really sure how making friends on this game works, but my friend code on steam is 50911341 if you want to try to link up some time.

Currently I'm flying a Viper MK III. Working on some upgrades for it.

So as far as friends goes in the game, you have to go to your social menu and add their name there. Mine is Aurokon. But no joke, if I'm not mining, I'm delivering shit station to station. I don't bother with combat.

Ye know, I was wondering who that could've been lol. I accepted. I was mining at the time when you sent it and didn't notice for a bit lol

@Dallas41 I can certainly agree that the controls don't feel natural. There are hotkeys that need to be set for a million things. So many that there is no real eloquent way to set them up.

R for up, F for down, while close to the WASD is awkward to me because I'm used to games having space as up, and lft_ctrl as down. Perhaps it's a matter of muscle memory and expecting things to be in the same line as each other moving forward. I use Keyboard and Mouse with Yaw, as opposed to "Keyboard and mouse" which allows the Q and E to roll in their directions relative to the W key, and the mouse controls yaw. That feels better to me and allowed much easier handling of my ships.

The only time I have to touch the keyboard is to use the frame shift drive. Other than that, I use the controller for everything else.

The only time I have to touch the keyboard is to use the frame shift drive. Other than that, I use the controller for everything else.
not even that using a nice profile.

I finally got my Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS with the TWCS Throttle and I already love Elite again.
It makes things so much easier!

Just that I found out it is a bad idea using the profiles that thrustmaster offers on the homepage. They simply don't really work. But on edrefcard.info i could find a nice profile that works with elite without having to use the thrustmaster scripting engine.

While I was playing via keyboard things took a while getting used to - but it was possible.
But for all it is worth I strongly suggest to at least get a cheap joystick or other game controller.

If you're interested in making a bit of money quick and you don't have much to start with, about 400k and you can build a hauler that will do jumps up to 32 and you can run the road to riches.

Just punch in the start system.

Use the D-Scanner

Then open system map. If an entry says "Pardan" "6 (293 ls) TWW, it means you need to use the FSS (hotkey is apostrophe by default) to scan planet 6.

If it says like "A 4" then it means the A star, planet 6, likewise if it says B or C it means the extension of sun B or C, and the planet number associated with it.

Follow that, then sell, typically the stops are 250k to unknown amount. Some of them have lots of scan requirements, but I usually get 400k a system for one planet using the road to riches. So once you get your system setup it goes quick.

My hauler has no weapons, everything is D-Class modules except frameshift is A class, (D-class modules are the lightest and allows for higher jump distances) Remove all unneeded modules, including cargo, you won't be carrying anything. Don't even have a shield module. Just add 3B fuel scoop and you're good to travel.

If you're interested in making a bit of money quick and you don't have much to start with, about 400k and you can build a hauler that will do jumps up to 32 and you can run the road to riches.

Just punch in the start system.

Use the D-Scanner

Then open system map. If an entry says "Pardan" "6 (293 ls) TWW, it means you need to use the FSS (hotkey is apostrophe by default) to scan planet 6.

If it says like "A 4" then it means the A star, planet 6, likewise if it says B or C it means the extension of sun B or C, and the planet number associated with it.

Follow that, then sell, typically the stops are 250k to unknown amount. Some of them have lots of scan requirements, but I usually get 400k a system for one planet using the road to riches. So once you get your system setup it goes quick.

My hauler has no weapons, everything is D-Class modules except frameshift is A class, (D-class modules are the lightest and allows for higher jump distances) Remove all unneeded modules, including cargo, you won't be carrying anything. Don't even have a shield module. Just add 3B fuel scoop and you're good to travel.

I'd suggest some heatsinks though.
I ran delivery and courier missions until I had enough to buy a hauler, then I fit it for deep core mining (info I learned about on YouTube). That's what I do for money now lol. Sadly, have to travel a bit to sell the void opals for a good price. Now, I'm in a Python that's fit for combat, mining and hauling.

Here's the link to look at the fit: https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/197523/1224096/

Nope. No different servers. But you have the option of playing on the main server with everyone, playing in a private group with just your friends (or anyone else you invite) or playing solo.

Mobius runs a great large scale private PVE group. This is the closest to a private server and one of my favorite groups to play with.

I downloaded it for my ps4 and not going to lie, the landing tutorial took me....longer than it should have....to complete. LOL. It seemed really cool but decided to put it on the back burner for awhile.

that's great to know! Are the mods available for consoles or just for the pc?
It should be something that you buy that fits in your smaller ship slots.

It'll dock you nice and easy but be warned that it does end up being slower than if you manually docked.

Also, as you get bigger and more expensive ships it's had a history of doing dumb things and ramming them into walls by accident. So, with the big haulers, anacondas, and what not, it can be dangerous and expensive.

Games - Elite Dangerous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back